Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Sometimes I find it hard to follow along when someone is telling me something that happened.
    thats cause they are boring

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Sometimes I find it hard to follow along when someone is telling me something that happened.
    you have audible dyslexia haha, j/k

yeah, i'm the same way. it's only worse when a female is explaining something to you though

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I was diagnosed with ADD at a young age (seven or so) and was prescribed Ritalin, and took it up until age 9 or 10 at which point my mother didn't believe I needed it, and after not taking it, there were no noticable changes in my behavior. I posted about this a while ago, but I believed that I was only perscribed it to help the teacher; I don't think I had ADD, I think the teacher didn't want to deal with 7 year olds, as my mom was basically forced by the school to have me take it as insisted by the teacher who had no medical knowledge, let alone a PhD. Here's a hint: If you don't want to deal with little kids, teach high school (even though, in some cases, that can be worse...)

However recently as my responsibilities and challenges grow, I have been deciding whether or not to go to the doctor for Adderall, as it is quite popular in universities to pay 2 bucks a pop during finals week and I feel something like that would help me, especially after reading this:

As I had never done any research on it before but already see myself in a few of the items on that list. So maybe I'll go see the doc soon...
    doctors love to prescribe things....they make money off of it haha

well, only a child seven or older can be tested for it. and there has to be more than two reported cases of it, plus CLEAR evidence that it significantly is affecting your environment. i love how doctors can diagnose clients on the first trip

but yeah, just talk to your doctor about it. he'll probably give you some free samples or set you up with a prescription for it.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    doctors love to prescribe things....they make money off of it haha

well, only a child seven or older can be tested for it. and there has to be more than two reported cases of it, plus CLEAR evidence that it significantly is affecting your environment. i love how doctors can diagnose clients on the first trip

but yeah, just talk to your doctor about it. he'll probably give you some free samples or set you up with a prescription for it.
    Yeah... Does it run in families? Because my brother is on it... Well, he's insane anyway, but whatever.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Yeah... Does it run in families? Because my brother is on it... Well, he's insane anyway, but whatever.
    you know, i don't have a study i can point directly to right now. since ADHD is considered as a "biological" issue, i'd probably say it does go through blood lines. My dad is ADHD, so am I.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I was diagnosed with ADD at a young age (seven or so) and was prescribed Ritalin, and took it up until age 9 or 10 at which point my mother didn't believe I needed it, and after not taking it, there were no noticable changes in my behavior. I posted about this a while ago, but I believed that I was only perscribed it to help the teacher; I don't think I had ADD, I think the teacher didn't want to deal with 7 year olds, as my mom was basically forced by the school to have me take it as insisted by the teacher who had no medical knowledge, let alone a PhD. Here's a hint: If you don't want to deal with little kids, teach high school (even though, in some cases, that can be worse...)

However recently as my responsibilities and challenges grow, I have been deciding whether or not to go to the doctor for Adderall, as it is quite popular in universities to pay 2 bucks a pop during finals week and I feel something like that would help me, especially after reading this:

As I had never done any research on it before but already see myself in a few of the items on that list. So maybe I'll go see the doc soon...
    You are a comic, you just havent excepted it yet, and im willing to bet that all the good comics have a lot of those qualities in those lists lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i agree, spank your kids! if you won't let the teacher do it...the parent better start!!
    I didnt say/mean that. I mean instead of letting the babysitter/nanna/tv raise your kids, go out and play baseball with them, go to the park, go shoot baskets. shit like that.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I didnt say/mean that. I mean instead of letting the babysitter/nanna/tv raise your kids, go out and play baseball with them, go to the park, go shoot baskets. shit like that.
    i knew what you meant. i was just adding my own statement after that. Psychologist suggest that kids before the age of two shouldn't even watch tv... interesting stuff.

sadly, you have two-parent families who both work, or single parent familes with latchkey kids. Most ADHD kids come from Working or Lower Income Classes. Most Mental Illnesses happen in the lower income brackets.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    If you dont take medicine are you just completely out of control? cant sit still? cant focus on anything? People joke about it, but that must be really hard

not out of control... i just can't focus on one thing... i'll be busy listening to what other things are going on or watching what ever tiny movement my eyes catch... my hyperness is off the charts...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well, there's two types. or, there was... the other type is what was known as ADD , now called ADHD I or ADHD Inattention or ADHD without Hyperactivity. six or more of the following, lasting longer than six months, to a degree that it is inconsistent and maladaptive with developmental level.

1. often fails to give close attention to details, or makes careless mistakes in school or other activities.
    2. often has difficulty sustaining attention
    3. often does not listen when spoken to directly
    4. doesn't follow instructions, and fails to finish work and other activities
    5. often avoids and is reluctant to mental stimulating task
    6. difficulty organizing tasks
    7. often loses things necessary for task
    8. is easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
    9. is often forgetful of daily activities
    yeah... i hear the first few words and then i get lost in a day dream and end having no damn clue what any one was talking about... kinda like calvin from calvin and hobbes...

i forget all kinds of shit... i swear i have half alzheimers also... "meeting at 2:00??? why the fuck can't people tell me about this... oh... you did yesterday???"

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

I have ADD, but don't take anything for it. I did as a kid, but stopped that. I just live with it, and deal with all the stress that it causes.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    I have ADD, but don't take anything for it. I did as a kid, but stopped that. I just live with it, and deal with all the stress that it causes.
    my problem is i get pissed off that i can't pay attention and i flip out on people and start fights... (hence my name of Spaz cause i spaz all the time)... i had to do something to better my self... i may know how to fight and defend my self but it's only a matter of time before i snap on some one who is better trained, faster and probably more pissed off than me... so hopefull this will help me to focus and in turn help me with my temper...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have a mild case of ADD...I just get distracted easily or I forget what I set out to do...for example, when I wake up in the morning, I say to myself, "I'm going to fix the wiring for my radar detector today." I've been doing that for the past week and I end up getting side tracked and never get it done, and when I go to drive the Trans Am, I'm like, "SHIT, why haven't I done that yet?"

My kid was one. With the aid of Ritalin public school could tolerate him. We got him in a better school and he could quit taking it. I think I was too as well as my dad and his sister but that wasn't a recognized disorder then so there is no way to really know. Interestingly, my grandson is anything but an ADD. He does not and has never acted like his father did.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I have a mild case of ADD...I just get distracted easily or I forget what I set out to do...for example, when I wake up in the morning, I say to myself, "I'm going to fix the wiring for my radar detector today." I've been doing that for the past week and I end up getting side tracked and never get it done, and when I go to drive the Trans Am, I'm like, "SHIT, why haven't I done that yet?"
    hehe... you've seen how hyper i am... actualy i was pretty mild...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    My kid was one. With the aid of Ritalin public school could tolerate him. We got him in a better school and he could quit taking it. I think I was too as well as my dad and his sister but that wasn't a recognized disorder then so there is no way to really know. Interestingly, my grandson is anything but an ADD. He does not and has never acted like his father did.
    yeah... jsut with in the past 15 -20 years they are really starting to research ADD... when i was a kid i had all kinds of test done... suction cups pasted to my head like a friggin lab rat... i had ot do one test where i watched a PC screen and they'd flash numbers and letters... i had to click when ever i seen a number pop up... i started rumaging through the guys desk instead...

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yeah... jsut with in the past 15 -20 years they are really starting to research ADD... when i was a kid i had all kinds of test done... suction cups pasted to my head like a friggin lab rat... i had ot do one test where i watched a PC screen and they'd flash numbers and letters... i had to click when ever i seen a number pop up... i started rumaging through the guys desk instead...

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    hehe... you've seen how hyper i am... actualy i was pretty mild...
    that's you mild? oh god...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

yeah.. i found apen and took it apart so that it would shoot the ink thing out when you clicked it... the guys comes in "how is it goi... what the hell!!!" he told my parents i'm "very creative"...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that's you mild? oh god...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information