Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by txz28 View Post
    I was allways told with heads cam and headers you should get at least 100 extra horses ....is this true?
    That is not really a realistic number but yeah a decent set of heads will give you 50 or so. Not including a cam or other goodies.

98 Z28 M6

I was allways told with heads cam and headers you should get at least 100 extra horses ....is this true?
    Alot depends on how aggressive you go with the heads and cam too.

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by biga0206 View Post
    Alot depends on how aggressive you go with the heads and cam too.
    Thunder racing has a head came package that gets like 90 horses with stock exhuast now if i had lt's and a cat back would that get closer to the 100 horse mark?

98 Z28 M6

Thunder racing has a head came package that gets like 90 horses with stock exhuast now if i had lt's and a cat back would that get closer to the 100 horse mark?
    90 with stock exhaust seems a little high? I picked up almost 60 with basic bolt ons. I would think if you do a fast 92/92 and some LTs and off road Y and a cutout or good catback you would pick up that much. Is it an auto or M6? Lots of local guys around here making 420-480 HP with full bolt ons and H/C/I.

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

here is what they say...."As seen on this dyno sheet, a gain of nearly sixty rear wheel horsepower was seen with the addition of the Thunder Racing CheaTR package. Previous mods included a high flow lid, ported throttle body, under drive pulley, and LS6 intake manifold. After the installation of the CheaTR package, the Trans Am dynoed 394.29 rear wheel horsepower. Remember, this was achieved using factory manifolds, catalytic converters, and exhaust system." lol i was wrong lol your right its in the 60 range. and i am running an A4. I have a 133xxx miles on my stock 2000 z28. I had wanted to go with a 383 or lq9 but cant afford it right now but i want more HP so I am goin to drop some money but not alot lol and then save up for a major "notor build" like a 402 from hell or a 427 somethin along those lines so right now i am slowly gathering parts up goin to get a cold air intake for my b-day and then slap on a MAF i picked up from a budy who bought two by mistake and then heads cam and exhaust. so what kind of numbers should i expect with bolt ons and heads cam?

98 Z28 M6

here is what they say...."As seen on this dyno sheet, a gain of nearly sixty rear wheel horsepower was seen with the addition of the Thunder Racing CheaTR package. Previous mods included a high flow lid, ported throttle body, under drive pulley, and LS6 intake manifold. After the installation of the CheaTR package, the Trans Am dynoed 394.29 rear wheel horsepower. Remember, this was achieved using factory manifolds, catalytic converters, and exhaust system." lol i was wrong lol your right its in the 60 range. and i am running an A4. I have a 133xxx miles on my stock 2000 z28. I had wanted to go with a 383 or lq9 but cant afford it right now but i want more HP so I am goin to drop some money but not alot lol and then save up for a major "notor build" like a 402 from hell or a 427 somethin along those lines so right now i am slowly gathering parts up goin to get a cold air intake for my b-day and then slap on a MAF i picked up from a budy who bought two by mistake and then heads cam and exhaust. so what kind of numbers should i expect with bolt ons and heads cam?
    It depends still on how aggressive of a set up you go with. I would still say around 420-450ish. Just a guess from other peoples mod lists and dyno numbers i have seen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information