Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Night Stalker View Post
    Never lost to a Cobra, modded stang or any SRT8 raced the Charger and 300C, dnt think to highly of the Cobra just cuz its supercharged, remember they only are about .4 faster in a 1/4mile and weigh about 200lb more then our WS6 and just have like 30 or 40 more hp. With a few mods u should be able to beat them. have u raced one yet??
    Met a guy at the track the night I ran with an 03 Termy, running 12.2's all night, and he said that was shitty for him. Said his best run is 12.02, and he has pullies, exhaust, he said headers so I assume lt's, cai, drs, gears (4.10 I believe), and a tune. Still, with bolt ons and a tune an m6 ls1 should run what, mid 12's...?

Not saying you didn't, actually I'm glad to hear this as I would love to race one from a roll

Black
    2002 WS6

Theres a lot more than just HP,TQ #'s . Just cuz a car has more or less power then u dnt mean u gona win or loose. Tranny, gear ratios how much the car weight and SPECIALY THE DRIVER is wat makes the difference wether u WIN or LOOSE!!!!

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

those cobras with little mods can make well over 500 to the wheels. like stated earlier very few are stock

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Still, with bolt ons and a tune an m6 ls1 should run what, mid 12's...?

Not saying you didn't, actually I'm glad to hear this as I would love to race one from a roll
    Some full bolt-on LS1 cars are running 11's/ I know three owners personally, one of them my brother before he did his full combo. He had all the bolt-ons, M6 w/ 4.11's + Cartek Clutch, 12-bolt + M/T stickies/skinnies and ran 11.8@116.x w/ a 1.56 60' @ 3427#. He held the record around here for the quickest Bolt-on only LS1 for a while. Now the quickest guy I know is John Maginnus which has ran a best of 11.3@118 in his '02 Trans Am with bolt-ons and a 4200-stalled TH400.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    True-- but how come most the termi drivers seem to be uncabable of successfully using the power their cars provide.
    its entirely possible that they can make mistakes, i mean they did buy the overpriced model of the mustang.

SpeedAddict38
    +1..........people act like the 03-04 cobra has a auto pilot button the driver can hit to beat the LS1's
    well they probably did, but then the techs at ford foun d that they couldnt make a chip powerful enough to run against an LS1

Black
    2002 WS6

Finnaly people who make more sense about things These other guys should go buy a F*ckin Cobra sense they think there unbeatable

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    those cobras with little mods can make well over 500 to the wheels. like stated earlier very few are stock
    The usual pullied, tuned, bolt-on Cobra will produce around 460-rwhp, give or take. 500RWHP and above your talkin' ported Eaton's.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-03-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Black
    2002 WS6

Last edited by Cali Night Stalker; 06-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Black
    2002 WS6

I found more if u want

Black
    2002 WS6

LS1 BABY!!!!!!!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4T6H7tw58&feature=related For U Cobra Lovers

10's N/A

LS1 BABY!!!!!!!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4T6H7tw58&feature=related For U Cobra Lovers
    Did you see the way him and his girl stopped sipping their drink and froze in aw when the f-body rode up? As soon as that guy heard the whine of a centrifugal blower on an LS car he knew it was too much for him. Wouldn't wanna get blown away in front of your girlfriend would you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    There is becoming too many termi sack huggers on this site for my taste. I guess when one guy gets it handed to him, he'll never believe someone else could do what he couldn't.

And to the comment above, short shifting and/or missed-shifts can easily cause the more powerful car to lose a roll race.
    I have pulled two cobras well past 120mph, his story is absolutely correct. One was bone stock, had him by about a half a car to 140 mph, other one was just CAI two people in each car, had him by about a fender length to around 135 or so. Had all my mods in sig for both races.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

maybe they are easier to beat than I think. I've never run one.

All I have to go one is witnessed track times-- and the ones I have seen are running low to mid 12s on DR and and a the basic upgrades that most Cobra owners do (tune, CAI, exhaust, and Pully)

I probably need at least headers and tune before I can think about winning.. but hey I guess anything can happen.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

I also heard that the Cobra supercharger wen it heats up it looses like 20hp. Any truth to that??
    Yes, heat soak.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

I believe he beat the Cobra. A car still has to be driven by someone who knows what they are doing. Just ask the driver of the C6 Z06 that my '04 smoked at Willow Springs Raceway last weekend. Obviously, his Z06 was faster than my Cobra, but I was the better road racer.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I'll take a win over a Termi any day, no matter what the circumstances surrond it, roll, dig, bad shifting wateva win is a win at the end of the day and thats what counts. Don't matter what shiii looks like on paper, it how it's executed that makes the difference.

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

"I don't wanna get outta my car. I wanna race...come on."

Hahaha. Those Cobra owners looked mighty scurred.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    maybe they are easier to beat than I think. I've never run one.

All I have to go one is witnessed track times-- and the ones I have seen are running low to mid 12s on DR and and a the basic upgrades that most Cobra owners do (tune, CAI, exhaust, and Pully)

I probably need at least headers and tune before I can think about winning.. but hey I guess anything can happen.
    They are fast but a light modded LS1 with a good driver should be able to win. With some DR u should be in the mid, high 12's but its on the driver.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

hell driver is most important thing. great mods are nothing if not supported by some tight quick shifting.

i once beat a corvette a few years back while i was still driving a v-6 bird. the kid said he wanted to race, and then he stalled on the green. moral of the story, driver is important, no matter what you drive

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    hell driver is most important thing. great mods are nothing if not supported by some tight quick shifting.

i once beat a corvette a few years back while i was still driving a v-6 bird. the kid said he wanted to race, and then he stalled on the green. moral of the story, driver is important, no matter what you drive
    Heres some proof http://youtube.com/watch?v=DWtXzUlfwaI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information