Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    see this is what im wonderin. . . i dont want to spend much but i just want some good quality crisp base compairable to my 7yr old W0. thats awful cheap for a descent sub!! whered you get it at?
    h.h. gregg had them, but that was 2 months ago so i don't know if they still do or not

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    h.h. gregg had them, but that was 2 months ago so i don't know if they still do or not
    hmm. . . i have an hh greg card too

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

I like the RF "Power" 10" HX2's not the "Punch". Not too bad for a 10" woofer and I run infinity plates and 6.5" Kappa components with them. I've tried the Infinity subs, the MTX's and the Kickers and love the sound of the HX2's. If I was pushing alot of power I'd go with JL Audio W7's for some serious bass. JMHO

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

hmm. . . ive never heard a W6, more than what im lookin to spend.

Yeah, way too pricey. Stay far, far away.

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

i just want a 10" so i can put it in a stealth box, but ill check em out. good quality?

Excellent quality!

White
    1999 SS

i just put in a 10" infinity kappa 10.1, running 800w@4ohm, and It pounds (almost too much). MTX stealth box, crisp, hard bass.

The W3v3s are excellent SQ subs, lil pricey for what they are though. If you want a low power, excellent SQ sub and a cheap price, check out a Sundown SD1v2. From reading the responses on here, sounds like most of you guys just stick to name brands, which tends to be pricey, but there is a lot better out there, and a lot better for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    The W3v3s are excellent SQ subs, lil pricey for what they are though. If you want a low power, excellent SQ sub and a cheap price, check out a Sundown SD1v2. From reading the responses on here, sounds like most of you guys just stick to name brands, which tends to be pricey, but there is a lot better out there, and a lot better for the money.
    awesome man thanks for the suggestion! i'm gonna check em out right now. . . how much do they usually run for just one 10?

well i can't really find anyone that sells them with a quick google and ebay search. . . any suggestions?

Ah...they are more than I thought.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/s...&productId=340

Try going to Sundownaudio.com and email Jacob, and ask if he has any original SD1s left, I use 4 12" versions of these for my home theater and got them all for under $200.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

get the kappas... infinitys are a better speaker overall, as far as sound quality and thump value are concerned (imo). I have had JLs and kappas, I liked the infinitys a lot better. the sound is just cleaner/punchier overall. and still very loud. The JLs are only loud

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    get the kappas... infinitys are a better speaker overall, as far as sound quality and thump value are concerned (imo). I have had JLs and kappas, I liked the infinitys a lot better. the sound is just cleaner/punchier overall. and still very loud. The JLs are only loud
    really? i've always thought my w0 was very clean sounding bass! so if your saying kappas sounds better than that definately what i want. have you heard the new kappas?

White
    1999 SS

like I said go with the kappa, my 10" sounds better than my buddies 12" kicker solo baric L5 in both of our opinions (hooked up with the same amp)

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    like I said go with the kappa, my 10" sounds better than my buddies 12" kicker solo baric L5 in both of our opinions (hooked up with the same amp)
    hell yeah . . . i dont think i would run 800 watts to it like you have. what amp would you recommend 300-600 watts? an infinity one?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I'm running two JL W3's with dual coils. I believe you can switch between 2 and 4 ohm if I'm not mistaken (I haven't messed with them). As far as wattage goes, they are rated at an optimum of 250 Watts. So I've got a 2-channel 500 watt, they sound pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    I'm running two JL W3's with dual coils. I believe you can switch between 2 and 4 ohm if I'm not mistaken (I haven't messed with them). As far as wattage goes, they are rated at an optimum of 250 Watts. So I've got a 2-channel 500 watt, they sound pretty good to me.
    really? i thought w3's had an rms of like 400. do you have them in two stealth boxes or just a regular hatch box?

What is the best ohm to run and why? Everybody just seems to run a 4 ohm.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

really? i thought w3's had an rms of like 400. do you have them in two stealth boxes or just a regular hatch box?

I have a Q logic hatch box. Got them at a reasonable price with it, (160 for everything except amp). I would have to get back with you on the ohm thing, my sister's BF tried to explain (he's an electrical engineer), but it was too late in the night. If someone on here doesn't explain it first, I will find out, cause I would like to know myself

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Doesn't matter. As long as your amps are compatible with the impedance they are "seeing", you generally want to size you speakers so that you get the most from your amp.

Most don't have 4 ohm subs -- I'd say the majority run 2 ohms subs, since most 2 ohms since most monoblocks are 2 ohm stable (some 1 ohm).

Unless you're using a 2ch amp bridged, you'll likely be looking at 2 ohms. Obviously, check amp ratings first. Also realize that dual voicecoil subs are different. Dual 4 ohm voice coils are wired in parallel or series so the amp would see 2 or 4 ohms, respectively. If you needed 4 ohms from a dual voice coil sub, you would need a dual voicecoil (2 ohms) wired in series.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    Doesn't matter. As long as your amps are compatible with the impedance they are "seeing", you generally want to size you speakers so that you get the most from your amp.

Most don't have 4 ohm subs -- I'd say the majority run 2 ohms subs, since most 2 ohms since most monoblocks are 2 ohm stable (some 1 ohm).

Unless you're using a 2ch amp bridged, you'll likely be looking at 2 ohms. Obviously, check amp ratings first. Also realize that dual voicecoil subs are different. Dual 4 ohm voice coils are wired in parallel or series so the amp would see 2 or 4 ohms, respectively. If you needed 4 ohms from a dual voice coil sub, you would need a dual voicecoil (2 ohms) wired in series.
    thanks man!! startin to make more sense. my sub in my bird is a 4 ohm bridged off a 300 watts 2 ch kenwood. so if got a dual voice coil sub, like a kappa, and got a mono amp, go with a 2 ohm sub? kappas have selectable ohms, 102.7's are 1 or 4 ; 104.7's are 2 or 8. so would you go with the 104.7's and put it on 2 ohms?

is a sony explode 600w 4 channel good enough amp to push either a kappa or w3? It says 600w X 1 @ 2 ohm? Only 98 bucks @ walmart!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information