Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WS6 Vs WRX

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Cheaper?

Lets remember you are probably talking about buying a 2008 STI/ or the upcoming Evo IX vs a 7-10 year old LS1.

Of course it is cheaper to buy a near decade old car compared to a new car.

WS6 - 32k 2002 in 2002
    STI - 33.5k 2008

You could buy a old datsun, and build a monster out of it if you wanted, and surely that would be even a cheaper route.
    This man makes a good strong point!!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea thats true but now a days how many brand new WS6s are for sale?
    I am saying if 2 guys with no cars had one week to buy a car and race the guy going to for WS6 would spend way less and be faster probably

but still the sound of a V8 sounds much more sexier then any other car no matter turbo supercharger v10/v12 ect ect.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Yea thats true but now a days how many brand new WS6s are for sale?
    I am saying if 2 guys with no cars had one week to buy a car and race the guy going to for WS6 would spend way less and be faster probably

but still the sound of a V8 sounds much more sexier then any other car no matter turbo supercharger v10/v12 ect ect.
    best bang for buck getting technical is any light weight car that originally had a 4 bangerin it and drop a cheap small block in there... best bang for you buck right there... but we pick f bodies because well... beautiful cars, very dependable, and no doubtedly pin us back to our seats... what can bring more joy? honestly? besides a vette of course... but yes the price tags on our cars are amazing for what we get... id say its the most you can get for your money from any car...

DJ > WRX

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    DJ > WRX

bullet > dj

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Race Wars!!!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

"Some" people on here will not respect the performance of an STI just because it is made in Japan, or has 4 cylinders. But it is great performing car. Don't get me wrong though, I will take My LS1 over it any day.
    a non stock ls1 has no need to have respect for an sti.
    i raced a sti a few months back. i know he had a bov cas i heard it, and at the very least and exhaust.
    he had the jump on me off the line, but quickly and i mean quckly i went right around him. by the time i was at 60 or so, i had 2 cars on him.
    btw, i do run high 11s

02.LS1 Anniversary Issue

dark purple/chameleon
    anniversary 02 camaro LS1

nice kill......ya those things have out of the dig racing going for them but after thats done then they dont stand a chance........nice kill.

White
    2001 WS6

nws

yeah off the line those things are beasts...but anywhere above 60 those things hit a brick wall..

btw..I have respect for all cars

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    LS9 ZL1 Corvette > Universe
    of course you mean ZR1 right?

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/zr1/

yup, the real deal.

Red
    2001 ws6

you can have 2 things in a car outta 3, fast cheap and reliable, LS1's are fast and reliable, 4 bangers worked are cheap and fast, theres a difference

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Why limit yourself to 8 cylinders in you plan to go big? cough.. V10

There is always something bigger better, faster out there, people have to learn to deal with it, and embrace the differences. V8 I4 etc.
    Or people can just have their own opinions and decide for themselves what they like...

4 bangers sound like crap and have miserable power and torque curves. They were designed for the start for economy, not performance. Hence the reason I think trying to make a 4 banger fast is a complete waste of time and money. Start with a real performance motor and built it from there.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well no, 4 bangers that are fast have a good amount of money into them to make em fast

So 4 bangers just cheap or expensive and fast depending what kind of 4 bangers u going to get.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Or people can just have their own opinions and decide for themselves what they like...

4 bangers sound like crap and have miserable power and torque curves. They were designed for the start for economy, not performance. Hence the reason I think trying to make a 4 banger fast is a complete waste of time and money. Start with a real performance motor and built it from there.
    Yea couldnt of said that any better myself

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

The fastest 4 banger you can buy and build is an Eagle Talon AWD turbo!!! 3 grand and you have well over 500AWHP!! and a Bullet proof John shephard Transmission. The cheapest car I have found to build.

Although as stated above nothing beats the sound of a cammed v8!!!

When I go to the track I am always impressed with the 4 banger guys that actually keep up and play with the v8 guys!!! Not many do and its impressive when they do! Just some people like being different thats all!

Im sure they prob have enough money in there motor to buy 2 v8 built motors but it always fun watching the different guys.

Its just like when the first guy brought a Granny Wagon to the track. Im sure every one laughed HARD!!! until he drug the back bumper off!! then everyone started building wagons!!

So IMO anything thats fast has by vote for cool!! No matter what it is.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    The fastest 4 banger you can buy and build is an Eagle Talon AWD turbo!!! 3 grand and you have well over 500AWHP!! and a Bullet proof John shephard Transmission. The cheapest car I have found to build.
    3 grand? You must be talking about mods only, because the cheapest awd turbo talons i have found are around 2000-3000 just for the car. And you basically just said the cheapest way to be fast is to buy an eclipse lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    3 grand? You must be talking about mods only, because the cheapest awd turbo talons i have found are around 2000-3000 just for the car. And you basically just said the cheapest way to be fast is to buy an eclipse lol
    Not to mention the few thousand dollars in repairs to fix one of those pieces of shit every time it breaks. You don't even have to race it, daily driving is more than enough to cause the car to fall apart.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

You guys must be talking about 2-3 grand just for turbo kits or something. I can find places where you can just buy a turbo (some pretty impressive T3 turbos ect ect. for a few hundred dollars. It is a lot easier to switch out a stock turbo for a bigger one and cheaper too.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 346DubS6 View Post
    My coworker has a WRX(bug-eyes) and hes just put on headers, up-pipe, downpipe and he has a catback. Hes also got it tuned and pushing 18psi. Well he thought he could smoke my stock WS6. So after work we descide to run it. I told him we'll race from a roll because i know out the hole that thing will take off, but traffic didnt permit. We finally pull up to a stop light, and its a free road in front of us. When the light turned green,we take off. I take off normally and then punching it as soon as i start rolling trying not to spin the tires, but as soon as i go over the crosswalk i start spinning. He manages to pull a car on me, but at the end of 1st i catch up. 2nd gear I put a car on him. and in 3rd i must have put another 2 cars on him and no way for him on catching up. I kept pulling until probably 90mph until i descided it was enough for him. All in all it was a fun race.

Stock 2001 WS6, Lid, free mods

haha love it nice kill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information