Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Racing stripes? No no one has ever done that before!!! Pretty much every camaro I see has them. It's starting to get over done. Yes, it's heritage to have them, it started on the 67 Z28, but dare to be different. Do you lead or just follow trends?
    I lead. It's not a scarry place to be. Both my coworkers, friends, and myself have yet to get tired of my flames. Yes it is easy to over do them. That's why less is more on these cars and they do flow with the lines of the car and look bad a__. Did you even look at my pics. You want cheesy go and put some cheap stickers on a car, a coffey can exhaust and a big wing. But wait that's what most of the younger kids do these days with there 100hp crap. You have obviously never seen what friends of mine like Chip Foose and Mike Lavalle at Killer Paint are doing. Anything that makes a muscle car look more aggressive has never hurt any of them. When you come to one of my car shows and start talking trash we'll see who walks away with the trophys and has a crowd around there car, a plain striped camaro or a custom $6,000 paint job. Answer: the custom painted car!!

white
    2002 z28

x2 on what you said but ghost flames do look sweet thoe

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Hey camaro, you could do a lighter silver with a darker silver tips, that would look good also. Just ignore these other guys. They obviously never seen a f-body with well exacuted flames on it. After you do it you will never look at a solid white car the same again. I was at a carshow a few weeks ago and there was an solid red 02 WS6 and it just looks plain and boring without the aggresive attitude that mine has. I'm glad I did something different. He ended up stealing a whole bunch of ideas from my car. Paint, exhaust tips, and sfc's.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

how about something like this?? i don't have photoshop. so i included an original.
    Last edited by sgt0704; 08-23-2007 at 10:56 PM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Here is what I've come up with for the sides. My boss and I google searched camaro with flames and came up with quite a bit. Any picture will help with ideas.

Attachment 13480
    i couldnt think they fit any better! i love em, only if they are done right! and yes ghost flames are sick,

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Hey camaro, you could do a lighter silver with a darker silver tips, that would look good also. Just ignore these other guys. They obviously never seen a f-body with well exacuted flames on it. After you do it you will never look at a solid white car the same again. I was at a carshow a few weeks ago and there was an solid red 02 WS6 and it just looks plain and boring without the aggresive attitude that mine has. I'm glad I did something different. He ended up stealing a whole bunch of ideas from my car. Paint, exhaust tips, and sfc's.
    thanks i dont really want the falmes but they do look good , but for that guy stealing all your tip/tricks of your car. thats a good thing. that means you did something right , good job

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

hey dont get me wrong, flames on a wS6 look good . i thought he was asking about a camaro though.... Camaro hoods (in my opinion) dont fit well with flames. the wS6 hood goes well with flames because of the two ram air holes. the camaros to me look better with stripes but maybe thats just cause mine has em. just my opinion, dont wanna offend anybody.

white
    2002 z28

dont worry you didnt but i think its the other way around. imo

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i think anything to accent body details that before were not as how you say standoutish, im all for it, i love the idea of the whole front bumper being engulfed, and i love the tips of the flames stretching down the sides, imo the ss camaros hood can be just as aggressive as the ws6, if done right, as for the z, it is outdone by the trans am,

oh and those thumbnails look good sgt 074, minus the cowl hood,

and yes i think silver with darker silver tips would be amazing, i just dont know what color to have them pinstriped, i think maybe just white, just to make them crisp and not blurry, does this make sense?

oh and i also do love the 35th anv stripes, but i do not have one so... i aint no cheeseball who fakes it

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I think maybe a black or medium blue pinstriping would look good. Or if you don't do any pinstripping the tape line edge from being taped off from over spray will leave a nice crisp line, so you won't have to do anything. That's what we did on mine. I almost pinstripped it with a medium blue, but I liked how they were a little more subtle, but kind of unfinished looking. Which I think added to the whole look of the car by being a little ruff around the edges. If you look close at mine the edges are crisp and the fade is in the center of the flame.
    I'm glad to see everyone's starting to get on the same page on this subject. Also today I had another guy looking at my car and he said " I don't like flames but those look really nice and fitting! " So when camaro get's his flames, it will look just as awsome as mine does. Also I designed the flames to accent the SS hood scoop. If I ever got an SS I wouldn't hesitate to do those flames I sketched on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information