Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodiak, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yeah... taht 99% injury rate kinda turns me off a bit... and then the whole cold thing...
    yeah i dont know about doing the opie season in the middle of the winter.. i hate breaking ice too, but id go king crabbing givin the chance

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hey Mod....you want me to ship up the first batch of "Keep Kodiak Weird"
    tshirts?
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Congrats on the move..

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

thanks man.

I just bought this house about a half mile from the sea. it has an attached apartment with bathroom, kitchen, washroom, etc. yall can stay in there when you come up.

me and my coworker went to this shit called pasagshak bay, and strung out this net 100 yards into the sea. all fucking day salmon were hitting the net and we had to get in the boat and get the fuck out to the fish before the seals get there first and steal your fish. we got like 80 salmon and I have a freezer FULL of fucking salmon filets. we are going halibut fishing this weekend, apparently its as easy as putting your line in, and fighting the halibut out. you gotta come up, and check it out. i guarantee this would be a good fishing trip for your clients.

i checked into bear hunting for you. its like a 10,000 dollar license, and you have to have a guide. fucking gay. I personally can only guide family members as an alaskan, to be a licensed guide I would have to quit work and apprentice as a guide. then after three years you can guide tourists.

you can shoot one if its being aggressive towards you while youre hunting for some other shit but you cant keep it if you shoot it. this one dude kept getting bothered by a bear at his home, so he finally shot it after it ate his pug. fish and game wouldnt come pick up the carcass, they demanded he take it to them... so he put it in his pickup bed and tied it off to fish and games front porch and took off, so they had a huge bloody lump of bear ass on thier front porch.

i fucking love the people around here, they just dont give a fuck. youd love it.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    thanks man.

I just bought this house about a half mile from the sea. it has an attached apartment with bathroom, kitchen, washroom, etc. yall can stay in there when you come up.

me and my coworker went to this shit called pasagshak bay, and strung out this net 100 yards into the sea. all fucking day salmon were hitting the net and we had to get in the boat and get the fuck out to the fish before the seals get there first and steal your fish. we got like 80 salmon and I have a freezer FULL of fucking salmon filets. we are going halibut fishing this weekend, apparently its as easy as putting your line in, and fighting the halibut out. you gotta come up, and check it out. i guarantee this would be a good fishing trip for your clients.

i checked into bear hunting for you. its like a 10,000 dollar license, and you have to have a guide. fucking gay. I personally can only guide family members as an alaskan, to be a licensed guide I would have to quit work and apprentice as a guide. then after three years you can guide tourists.

you can shoot one if its being aggressive towards you while youre hunting for some other shit but you cant keep it if you shoot it. this one dude kept getting bothered by a bear at his home, so he finally shot it after it ate his pug. fish and game wouldnt come pick up the carcass, they demanded he take it to them... so he put it in his pickup bed and tied it off to fish and games front porch and took off, so they had a huge bloody lump of bear ass on thier front porch.

i fucking love the people around here, they just dont give a fuck. youd love it.
    That is ghey about the Bear Tag.

Here in Alberta they have put the Grizz tags on hold for 3 years to appease the tree huggers.

All it needs is one death by mauling and they will reinstate it. My name is on the waiting list....

@ Mod ~ did your g/f move up there with you? Congrats on the house, post some pics!

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    thanks man.

Fuck 10k. The fine is probably less than that if you get caught..

Sounds like a cool place. My problem is I hate flying, but we will try to make it up there before too long. I want to hear about how bad the winters suck...

My buddy worked as a government agent on the fishing boats in the Bering Strait like you see on TV.

He used to hang at some place called The Elbow Room at Dutch Harbor. He says they claim the title of most fights per customers of any bar on the planet. How far is Dutch Harbor? I'd like to go watch.

He has some cool Alaska stories. Y'all would hit it off. You may have met him. Scott the marine biologist dude with red hair..

I know another guy who moved up there to be a bush pilot, but he went nuts because of the daylight/darkness shit. He's on heavy meds and now sells industrial adhesives in Fairbanks or some place. I think Jamie told you about him last time you were down.

Is there a lot of oilfield around there? I know there is a lot going on way up north...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information