Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    but thats because i am actively running for jr. mod 07
    Keep the faith Shady!

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Usually with an alert, if the member responds to me and we discuss the matter I will remove the alert
    I didn't know that we could respond to alerts (then again I've never had one) and have the chance to have it retracted. I think this is a more than fair way of handling an initial breach of the rules. Is this something that all of admin does or just something you have adopted Y2K?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Firebug, you got any pics of that car you have? Is it some kind of Aussie car with an LS1 or sumthin'?

I would like an alert for that, purty please wif chuurries on top?

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Firebug, you got any pics of that car you have? Is it some kind of Aussie car with an LS1 or sumthin'?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    I didn't know that we could respond to alerts (then again I've never had one) and have the chance to have it retracted. I think this is a more than fair way of handling an initial breach of the rules. Is this something that all of admin does or just something you have adopted Y2K?
    A member is always notified of an alert/warning with a PM. You can always respond to the PM, thats nothing new. I am not saying by responding to the alert/warning that it will be retracted, thats up the moderator, but attitude plays a big part in everything.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

attitude plays a big part in everything.

in all walks of life... well said

White
    2002 VY SS

A member is always notified of an alert/warning with a PM. You can always respond to the PM, thats nothing new. I am not saying by responding to the alert/warning that it will be retracted, thats up the moderator, but attitude plays a big part in everything.
    I just didn't realise that there was a chance of the alert being retracted if an appropriate reply was given. Hopefully I wont have to worry about it... Refer to following post...

White
    2002 VY SS

Just for the record, I tried to PM Roastem twice without success. So if I get an alert for this post Y2K, I may not be able to reply to it.

Here Roastem...

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/DSCF1438.jpg

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Man that is a sweet car Firebug. It is like a GTO, except better looking in my opinion. Like a Euro car with an American heart. I like it dude!

Hey mods, is there any way we can start a thread with the Aussie guys posting their cars? Those things are sweet. I would like to see some highly modded ones.

By the way, I got about 6 PM's with the same car pic. Your PM's are working dude.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

did you see the motor trend about the moldens(sp) that is comming to the americas next year i was in love

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Gotta read up on that. Its like a four-door GTO or sumthin'. Next thing you know, they are gonna slap an LS7 in her p*ssy. Let's see AMG top that!

White
    2002 VY SS

By the way, I got about 6 PM's with the same car pic. Your PM's are working dude.
    Thanx mate, nothing appeared in my sent items folder so I tried a few times.

out of curiosity what did i get banned for before? that thread that got disappeared?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcrlyn View Post
    out of curiosity what did i get banned for before? that thread that got disappeared?
    pm ed and he will tell you.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcrlyn View Post

in the upper right hand corner of your post should be a link that says view Kmcrlyn warnings. when you click it, you can see all your alerts/warnings, where it was from and who did it.

it was for this post that was edited by sarge. he was the one that gave you the temp ban.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=642149
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-29-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    in hte uppe right hand corner of your post shuld be a link that says view Kmcrlyn warnings. when you click it, you can see all your alerts/warnings, where it was from and who did it.

it was for this post that was edited by sarge. he was the one that gave you the temp ban.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=642149
    thank you for the response - well, i cant view that thread/post:

Kmcrlyn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But i was reading the rules and I dont think i was guilty of anything that should have banned me on the first offense. If i was guilty of trolling (saying something negative against someone, even when it was all true) shouldnt I have been given warnings before i was banned? Seeing as to how i had never been given any warnings? I realize i should have been given a warning but i think a ban was excessive especially in light of the innuendo, misrepresentations, and comments that are made at my expense quite often. i think its ridiculous to assume I will just let people make false statements without saying anything in return. all in all, i think that it should be painfully obvious if I was just here to fuck with people - and i dont think that can be shown to be accurate in the least. by the way why did that post get moved? i think its only fair it stay even if locked. accusations were made that remain viewable - why is the rebuttal not? plenty of threads that got people warnings or banned are still viewable - why did that one get moved? there was no a thing in it that was inaccurate. by the way - just to clarify - im not trying to cause trouble but I just think my behavior should be reviewed and I think its obvious I dont go out of my way to attack people. I think a ban should be removed from my record.

ps when i look at my warnings it says i was banned for:

On 03-08-2007 At 04:51 PM Troll 4 180 No Temp Ban Active

I could see giving me a warning or even giving me the punishment for "trolling" which is different under the listings... but not "troll" which gave me a ban? i dont think this was the accurate punishment.

"Trolling" Trolling or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines.
    See that is supposed to be worth two points, not 4. And I could see how this could be attributed to that thread but to clarify, my intention was not to create a problem, it was to address one we already have...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

look further down, there is another troll warning worth 4 points. the reason why you can't view that thread is because you were banned from the thread as well. my suggestion is to PM sarge for further details of the ban he gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    look further down, there is another troll warning worth 4 points. the reason why you can't view that thread is because you were banned from the thread as well. my suggestion is to PM sarge for further details of the ban he gave you.
    well, there is "trolling" which is a verb. and "troll" which is a noun. and there is no definition of "troll" in that chart. like I said - I dont think the ban was warranted seeing as to how i was new and was not warned. is he even still on this board? i havent seen him... but then again i guess i havent looked much. i'll pm him.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Roastem........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information