Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Black
    2004 Z06

I hear it will utilize an ion pulsing motor.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

From what they are saying they will never be another Pontiac and that they have to get Canadians permission to use the Camaro name. They went out on bad terms when they closed the plant in Canada where they were built.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

They may scrap the project. But, when GM sees how well those new/retro Mustangs are selling they will think twice > I already see them everywhere. Maybe we could have like a RS with a LS! and a SS or Z28 with the LS2

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

I don't think we will see anything with an LS1 anymore, the LS2 has completely replaced that. Also I read that Dodge is bringing back the Charger for 2010. GM better come up with something.

02-35th-ss
    Quote Originally Posted by SS#1531
    I don't think we will see anything with an LS1 anymore, the LS2 has completely replaced that. Also I read that Dodge is bringing back the Charger for 2010. GM better come up with something.
    dodge is already selling the charger

02-35th-ss
    Quote Originally Posted by big d's ss
    From what they are saying they will never be another Pontiac and that they have to get Canadians permission to use the Camaro name. They went out on bad terms when they closed the plant in Canada where they were built.
    how was it bad terms the lease the canadian govt gave the plant to stay running ran out in 02 chevy had nothing to do with the direct closing of the plant. They could of sunk millions in the canadian plant but thats not financialy a good idea. Cut off the severd hand to save the arm

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Well, I just hope if they do something it does better than the GTO has so far.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

It's like anything else you close a plant and people lose jobs and the economy sucks. Same way here. The Canadians still have a right to the Camaro name and if they don't release it then there won't be a Camaro again. The car you need to check out is the new concept Cuda. That thing is Bad Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yes ! It does look very cool now. But if you see all the "concept" photos of the Charger and now see what the real thing is. Concepts always have real good and noticeable lines , the real thing is always alot more rounded. I just hope of any of these concepts they live up to the tradition of the original.

Eric @ DMS
    You'll typically find cool looking concepts for all those cars, only to see the production model looking nothing like it.

Regardless of how many Hp the new Camaro comes out with...we'll make it faster! No doubt about that

ls1freak
    man it would be hot if they brought back the gremlin!!!!!!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

...and the Pacer, too!

hugger orange

canada and camaro

chevy can do whatever it wants with the camaro its a trademarked gm name

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You make a good point bout faster. I mean how fast do you think they can make a regular production car. I read that Dodge was not getting the responce to the Charger liked they had hoped , so they will be pushing the SRT8 Charger with a 6.i hemi. Like putting out a more exspensive car will make sales go up. I hope that Chevy can do the same thing with the Camaro like ford does with the mustang as far as come out with one that is in the low $20,000 range and maybe the SS in the uper to low $30,000 range. Or we will be sitting on another GTO, but Camaros always sell very good

pewter
    1999 Z28

I hope Chevy doesn't try to beat Chrysler at the h.p. game...let them have their big dumb honkin' hemis. I'd like a new Camaro with the same 0-60 performance as my '99 Z28, but updated--more agile, lighter, more efficient, and drop-dead gorgeous.

SOM
    1998 Z28-408 l92 stroker

whats a m6?

Spartan_Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwk94Z28
    whats a m6?
    The type of transmission:
    M6 = Manual 6 speed
    A4 = Automatic 4 speed

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I agree. I would like the new Camaro to loose some of that windshiel angel. And bring bak the old upsidedown u shifter.

tellez
    All those pictures of chopped up 69 Camaros are a joke! Or cartoon looking cars out of a 'Who framed Roger Rabbit' movie...they are not even close.

What I saw last summer at a consumer study I attended last year in SoCal was a high stance Camaro with a giant grill. it have several hints from a 70-73 grill. The hood had the grills that the 67-69 Camaros had, but deep and rounded in. once on each side of the top of the hood. the doors didnt seem as long as the last camaros. the rear window was not as huge as to not look like a Pacer.
    There was two options on paper. one had a V6 and about 250 horses and the V8 was a 5.3L 350 hp. then i was asked to respond to a series of questions about what the SS badge should represent. The car looked similar to a picture i have seen circulating of a car that was releases in the land down under. The inside of the car seem to have a large rear seat. Large wide fog lights too.
    Wish i knew someone with good photoshop skills.
    I also saw some other cars that look very GM to me. a 69 looking grill from a pontiac on a newer car as well as a 70-73 t/a looking car. Very exciting.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Draw a rough sketch on paper and scan it in. I'll see what I can do .

Rob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information