Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    On behalf of all the corn (GMO and otherwise) grown in this here USA...

Jeff, I smell a job opportunity...
    Jeff's busy chasing an ambulance right now.....he'll get back to you as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

This country is fucked. Out of everything the United States did to the Native Americans....they're crying foul over this?? What a bunch of fucking pussies.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    This country is fucked. Out of everything the United States did to the Native Americans....they're crying foul over this?? What a bunch of fucking pussies.
    you're missing the point,... it's not the native americans who are in a tizzy over this kind of crap...

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    you're missing the point,... it's not the native americans who are in a tizzy over this kind of crap...
    I'm not missing the point, and I know it's not the Native Americans getting bent out of shape. I'm talking about the regular Americans who are bent out of shape over this. You ever driven through a Native American reservation? The majority of those people are destitute, live in squalor and poverty and I believe still have one of the highest rates of alcoholism. Naaaah...that's ok...we'll take up crusade over a name. They can go fuck themselves.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    What a bunch of horse shit. Hope Synder sues the shit out them or better yet, move the team to another city if he's force to change the name.

Trademark board rules against Washington Redskins name | Fox News
    You do realize even if they lost this appeal, they don't have to change the team name. That's not what this is about. People would just be able to print all the redskins logos on shirts etc that they want without getting sued. It'd be kind of funny actually in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    They're really not. The ones that are really haven't looked into the history behind the name much, or their own culture for that matter.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You do realize even if they lost this appeal, they don't have to change the team name. That's not what this is about. People would just be able to print all the redskins logos on shirts etc that they want without getting sued. It'd be kind of funny actually in the short term.
    that will never happen.....the NFL is aggressive as hell over logos and what not. The NFL was suing business' in New Orleans for selling shirts that said "who dat" on them. That's not even a league logo. There's no way the NFL lets this get to the point where they're going to lose money on it. They will pressure him into changing it before that happens. This whole deal is years away from being resolved. It's going to be a battle of who has the most money I think before it's over. Someone will get tired of bleeding money and cave.

They're really not. The ones that are really haven't looked into the history behind the name much, or their own culture for that matter.
    Apparently there was some confusion with my original statement. "They're" is all inclusive of the people/group(s) who are clamoring for a name change, not specifically Native Americans.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think you guys are writing it off to political correctness way to easily. There's more to it than that. I personally don't find it offensive but I can easily see how it could be to some. If it were the Washington Slaves would you have a problem with it? Would that make a difference? Are there groups taking advantage of the situation in order to push their agenda? Sure....but that doesn't change the fact that to some the name is derogatory. This is not a new issue....there have been native american groups protesting the team for decades. They just never had enough of a voice or got the support to be heard. It would be kinda shameful if the people that really do find it offensive and have a reason to do so are over shadowed by the political side of it. I guess my view is that it's just a football team name....change the damn thing and move on. I don't want to hear about the rich history of the team and shit like that......the native americans have a history too and it's being raped and pillaged of their lands by people that ended up naming football teams after them.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think you guys are writing it off to political correctness way to easily. There's more to it than that. I personally don't find it offensive but I can easily see how it could be to some. If it were the Washington Slaves would you have a problem with it? Would that make a difference? Are there groups taking advantage of the situation in order to push their agenda? Sure....but that doesn't change the fact that to some the name is derogatory. This is not a new issue....there have been native american groups protesting the team for decades. They just never had enough of a voice or got the support to be heard. It would be kinda shameful if the people that really do find it offensive and have a reason to do so are over shadowed by the political side of it. I guess my view is that it's just a football team name....change the damn thing and move on. I don't want to hear about the rich history of the team and shit like that......the native americans have a history too and it's being raped and pillaged of their lands by people that ended up naming football teams after them.
    my understanding is that the term "Redskins" comes from the red war paint they used to put on before going into battle, not the color of their skin itself...which is why Washington uses it as a team name. They are preparing for battle when they go onto the field...
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

In other news...

blue
    1999 TransAm

...am i the only one who is outraged that the USPTO, a gov't agency that is supposed to exist to support robust commerce/entreprenurism, is so mired by the social justice pimps that they get to "deem" what is, and isn't offensive???....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    my understanding is that the term "Redskins" comes from the red war paint they used to put on before going into battle, not the color of their skin itself...which is why Washington uses it as a team name. They are preparing for battle when they go onto the field...
    then why not name the team the warriors?? Nice try.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Black / White

then why not name the team the warriors?? Nice try.
    you sound like I offended you or something...the definition is the definition. Cant make it up...look it up yourself.

With my luck the saints will be next because its "religious" and lord knows we cant have that...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm not offended at all.....I'm just saying that you're stretching that pretty thin to fit the cause. You realize the n word also started as just a descriptor of color also right?

Black / White

I'm not offended at all.....I'm just saying that you're stretching that pretty thin to fit the cause. You realize the n word also started as just a descriptor of color also right?
    With that being said im out of the discussion lol those two words aren't even in the same ballpark...Redskin = war paint and we all know what the n word represents...as you said, comparing those two is a "stretch".

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    we all know what the n word represents.

clearly it is naggers.

red
    95 Z28

You're right, there are people that are truly offended by it. The current political climate is certain groups being easily offended, and the other side expressing instant mock-outrage at the "political correctness", purely in the interest of opposing the political ideology of those that are offended. It's just the times right now. There are probably times when people are being overly sensitive, and other times when the mock outrage is just as bad and funny coming from the "our country is going in the shitter because my political party isn't in power" crowd

wait for it... wait for it...

blue
    1999 TransAm

You're right, there are people that are truly offended by it. The current political climate is certain groups being easily offended, and the other side expressing instant mock-outrage at the "political correctness", purely in the interest of opposing the political ideology of those that are offended. It's just the times right now. There are probably times when people are being overly sensitive, and other times when the mock outrage is just as bad and funny coming from the "our country is going in the shitter because my political party isn't in power" crowd

wait for it... wait for it...
    ...it's a bit more straightforward actually... this is the result of having a few namby pamby perpetually outraged fascists who have nothing better to do than go around looking for "scalps" to take in their quest for a utopian police state, ...pun, and paradox, intended...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

With how bad the Skins have been sucking can you blame them for being upset?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information