Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

LCD tv's are a "pass through" technology. The has to pass thru 3 LCD panels (red, green and blue). You tend to get a screen door effect.

DLP's use a microchip that has about 1,000,000 mirrors on it, that move really fast reflecting light.

LCOS are similar to LCD except the lcd panels reflect instead of passing the light thru. They tend to be the brightest of all the sets and are very smooth pictures like the DLP tvs are.

SXRD is Sony's version of LCOS with double the pixels.... smoothest picture and capable of TRUE 1080P not just 1080i.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    LCD tv's are a "pass through" technology. The has to pass thru 3 LCD panels (red, green and blue). You tend to get a screen door effect.

DLP's use a microchip that has about 1,000,000 mirrors on it, that move really fast reflecting light.

LCOS are similar to LCD except the lcd panels reflect instead of passing the light thru. They tend to be the brightest of all the sets and are very smooth pictures like the DLP tvs are.

SXRD is Sony's version of LCOS with double the pixels.... smoothest picture and capable of TRUE 1080P not just 1080i.

the SX is short for SEX

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Are you on CRACK??? Who in there right mind would go to Sam's or Costco to buy a plasma??????

The Sony SXRD 50" is the best picture you can get!!!!! It's not an LCD, it's an LCOS!!!!

Stay away from Sharps, and Samsungs, and the Toshibas are nice but they have alot of trouble with blowing bulbs....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=647041

Why don't you go here and tell them that. it's uses internal from other name brand plasma tv's and it's a good value and that thread on avsforum the top audio/video form on the net proves it. And don't talk to me like that I have not said anything to you out of the way so there really is no reason to talk to me like that, I wont let any more of your bull shit slide

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Oh and that Vizio is a piece of shit!!!!

If you buy a plasma, buy a panasonic!

Why is it a piece of crap they share internals?

I know you sell electronics but get off your high horse, again
    there is my proof

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=647041
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 04-03-2006 at 12:48 PM.

So to sum up this thread.

Plasma sucks
    Plasma rocks

Sony sucks
    Sony rocks

Samsung sucks
    Samsung rocks

Vizio sucks
    Vizio rocks.

DLP is ok
    DLP rocks

Looks like Toshiba DLP it is.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Are you on CRACK??? Who in there right mind would go to Sam's or Costco to buy a plasma??????

The Sony SXRD 50" is the best picture you can get!!!!! It's not an LCD, it's an LCOS!!!!

Stay away from Sharps, and Samsungs, and the Toshibas are nice but they have alot of trouble with blowing bulbs....

Oh and that 50 inch sony sxrd is brillant, but it isn't the picture you can get that's subjective all technologies have there pro's and con's it's ok to perfer a style over another but to just say one is without question the best is jumping the gun a bit, especialy the way all technolgies are improving.
    To the topic creator if you want ls1 your at the right place if you want to know about high end electronic's
    go to www.avsforum.com thats where the experts are

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Oh and mister expert I would just love to know your opinion on who you think make's the best reciever's right now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee enlighten me

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by NICKLE57

Plasma sucks
    Plasma rocks

Sony sucks
    Sony rocks

Samsung sucks
    Samsung rocks

Vizio sucks
    Vizio rocks.

DLP is ok
    DLP rocks

all i have to say is my samsung went out 1yr 8months after i bought it. i wouldnt want that to happen to anybody else.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Z/28

and the Toshibas are nice but they have alot of trouble with blowing bulbs....
    Yea, I had heard that to...

I did a lot of research on avsforum prior to buying it. But it looked like it may have just been a defective batche of bulbs. Plus the people that were bitching about the bulbs blowing didn't say how many hours they had on the bulbs or if they were constantly being run in high power mode. I run it on low and the pic is plenty bright, no reason to even put it on high.

But, just to be safe I bought the 3 year bulb replacement warranty on it, Plus a 5 year extended in home service contract. 2 months and no bulb problems yet.
    Last edited by 99Hugger; 04-03-2006 at 04:35 PM.

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKLE57

Plasma sucks
    Plasma rocks

Sony sucks
    Sony rocks

Samsung sucks
    Samsung rocks

Vizio sucks
    Vizio rocks.

DLP is ok
    DLP rocks

Good call.

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by abate1224
    get the 50' sony sxrd, you cannot find a tv with a better picture
    (son kdsr50xbr1)
    a fifty footer? Is that the new Sony yacht............. j/k

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

samsung DLP

LCDs are great too but manufactores allow a certain percentage of pixel dropout before its coverd under warranty so you could be stuck staring at 5 dead pixels which is really annoying.

I also second the idea of an HD projector....

Black & Brilliant Silver

i got my samsung back today.

i havent changed the channel in hours. Discovery HD is the shizznit. i was freakin out cuz today was the last day of my warranty. i didnt want them showing up tomorrow with an outrageous bill, for as much as the tv was new. it all worked out, im lucky.

oh ya dont buy samsung.

stay monitor, i hate angle fade. just cause you stand up and walk to the kitchen shouldn't mean the picture degrades.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight
    Oh and mister expert I would just love to know your opinion on who you think make's the best reciever's right now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee enlighten me

I've been selling HIGH END electronics for 6 years.... Just cause sometihing "shares" internals, doesn't mean it isn't a POS! Alot of electronics share internals and they're still crap. Buying an expensive peice of electronics at a BULK store deserves a flaming!!!

Best receivers??? Ok, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, and Marantz! That's the mid to high end... If you want to talk about only high end, Sunfire, Krell (seperates) and of course Mcintosh....

Any more questions?

BRIGHT RED
    2002 FIREHAWK

I have a panasonic 42" HDTV Plasma. I absolutely love it. I looked at the LCD and DLP tv's, but now that more and more manufactures are starting to make Plasmas they have come down in price alot. That's just my opinion though, you will over all deside what's best for you. Good Luck

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I've been selling HIGH END electronics for 6 years.... Just cause sometihing "shares" internals, doesn't mean it isn't a POS! Alot of electronics share internals and they're still crap. Buying an expensive peice of electronics at a BULK store deserves a flaming!!!

Best receivers??? Ok, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, and Marantz! That's the mid to high end... If you want to talk about only high end, Sunfire, Krell (seperates) and of course Mcintosh....

Any more questions?

So your going to ignore the link I posted from hundreds of people that say the tv is great? Anyway if you don't like it fine just dont flame keep the nonsence to yourself

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Any more questions?

And I have seen the TV and I was impressed that's why I recommended it, have you or are you just assuming and sams club sales samsung dlp ans sony lcd's so what's your point you want people to pay more at a high end av store, oh yeah that must be it, I dont care how long you have been selling av if you have in accurate info it does not matter, again
    avsforum.com>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wulfie

Black

Well if you don't want accurate info don't ask an expert... just go to Sams! Or just trust some internet guys... You don't really save money buying electronics at Sam's... plus you don't have anyone to ask about hook up or how to work it. I personally don't care if you want to buy your TV at one of those clubs. I just think the people that do, aren't too bright... JMO... my info is from experience, yours is from rumor and you THINK you know what a good picture should look like. There alot of things you should watch on a TV to know whether or not it has a good picture. But hey, if you dont want my advice and think you know better.... by all means... good luck....

Black & Brilliant Silver

Well if you don't want accurate info don't ask an expert... just go to Sams! Or just trust some internet guys... You don't really save money buying electronics at Sam's... plus you don't have anyone to ask about hook up or how to work it. I personally don't care if you want to buy your TV at one of those clubs. I just think the people that do, aren't too bright... JMO... my info is from experience, yours is from rumor and you THINK you know what a good picture should look like. There alot of things you should watch on a TV to know whether or not it has a good picture. But hey, if you dont want my advice and think you know better.... by all means... good luck....
    i got mine with home delivery. didnt help the fact it went out. its fixed now and im happy. you have got to admit you are selling the same products. the diff is that one is a lot cheaper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information