Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cut outs?

1998 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    i was afraid to get it.. cuz the price it was very cheap compare to other ones..
    but i like mine.. i would buy it again..

which one u want to get ? like the one i got or the other one?
    you mean the 2.5 inch or 3inch one? If so i havent decided yet i figured i would look at the size of the pipe at the point were im going to put it then get the one thats the same size.

Another thing do you or anybody else now what the differnce or if there is any between a dual cutouts and single one?

Silver
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 10erg01 View Post
    you mean the 2.5 inch or 3inch one? If so i havent decided yet i figured i would look at the size of the pipe at the point were im going to put it then get the one thats the same size.

Another thing do you or anybody else now what the differnce or if there is any between a dual cutouts and single one?
    dual cutouts are just that.. they come with 2 in the set. most people who go with that either run true duals or run them pretty much right off the headers or an ORY. single is more for putting it in the I-pipe like Pajeff02.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by 10erg01 View Post

Your best choice will be 3" inche. I'm sure most of the people here have that. I have 3" inch on mine.
    I have only one. It's on the same location as pajeff,,
    If you want dual cut outs. It's only if you have dual exhaust from the headers all the way to the back. And for that you need and x pipe.
    So I would say just get a single cutout. It still make a difference
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    If you want dual cut outs. It's only if you have dual exhaust from the headers all the way to the back. And for that you need and x pipe.
    You can install dual cut-outs in the y-pipe, & still run the single I-pipe design.
    Just depends on the Y-pipe design, ...
    The old FLP design is ideal for that purpose.

But I will agree & say yer right, most people choose the single 3" & simply put it under the rear seat area as shown in the photos above.

Blue
    2001 TA WS6, 1995 BMW M3

Personally, I would recommend getting a DMH cutout. Their product is outstanding and customer service is superb. My DMH cutout recently went sour, so i called DMH and they accepted the cutout without a receipt, rebuilt the cutout, and sent it back. I just paid for shipping and handling. Their may be other stories out their, but that is a +1 in my book.
    Last edited by pajeff02; 02-01-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Removed non-sponsor link.

Navy Blue
    2013 ZL1

I just put a cut out on my I pipe a week ago. I LOVE IT !!! Best of both worlds. I would strongly suggest if you haven't already put on LT Headers and remove the cats.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    You can install dual cut-outs in the y-pipe, & still run the single I-pipe design.
    Just depends on the Y-pipe design, ...
    The old FLP design is ideal for that purpose.

But I will agree & say yer right, most people choose the single 3" & simply put it under the rear seat area as shown in the photos above.
    You're right.
    I wanted to put the dual cutouts on the Y pipe before the cats, that was the power and noise was noticeable.
    But I'm happy with a single cutout on the I pipe.
    Dual cutout is just a waist of money IMO.
    On a set up like ours.

99' 30th Ann TA

doug's electric cutouts are probably some of the best quality... cost a little more.... but a way better design
    Last edited by pajeff02; 02-01-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Removed non-sponsor link.
    30th Anniversary Trans Am #0998
    B&B triflow exhaust, American Racing Headers, RPM Level V T-56, RPS clutch, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Hotchkis lower trailing, Panard Rod, Tower Brace, SFC's, and Swar Bar Kit, BMR Lowering Springs, HAL Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers, Powerslot Rotors

Thread Information