Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Its not that I got the red rings again. My system will turn on, but not completely. I cant seem to start it w/o the controller. I tried to take a small screw driver and poke the starter but it didnt work. The system will just blink green lights for a few seconds then just turn off. The optical drive doesnt work and the fans only kick in once it starts to blink green, then just shut down with the system. I cant even get codes or error messages because my optical drive will not work.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    ps3s have the yellow lights of death. ps3s do not have a removable hard drive, which is nice since i have about a dozen friends with xboxs at there house. ps3 also has weaker online although it is free which is nice.
    the only person i know who has run into the yellow lights situation puts his ps3 and his xbox in a little cubby hole in his entertainment system. no moving air hitting the vents. heats up and melts the solder after a good while. though it is a problem it is easily prevented by dust removal and fresh air around the system. i honestly have no clue what causes the rrod. but the rumor is both problems are fixable. which i know for a fact that the ps3 is fixable but im never around xbox unless they are the originals not the 360s. the people im around just dont have a lot of 360s. removable hard drive for both.

weaker online is very hard to gauge. seeing as how the 30 vs 30 mode on resistance 2 has never given me problems. nor has the 256 people on mag given me problems. personally cod is cool but they need more people. fun game but because they get the advertisement monopoly nobody will even try another shooting game. moh is a solid game that people wont buy because they already have cod. i enjoy the mayhem of lots of people everywhere. not like halo with their original maps being retarded big and you can sometimes not run into anybody for a few minutes. for as great as the 360's online setup should be it is very disappointing compared to the free psn. hell i cant stream bootlegs to the xbox(at a friends house with laptop) from the comp without taking 12 steps and its still a gamble if the xbox will read that format. whereas my first gen ps3(original 60gb) has no problems getting on or off of the media server from my laptop. just typed the password and was immediately on the server.

for being a system so widely distributed, i dont see how the xbox will be around in 5 years and be considered competition. no features that arent available on the ps3 and wii. the motion sensor system is being rushed big time which will fail to people that wont have the patience to learn it like the wii. halo is their only franchise. which will never be able to compete with cod, because cod is on all platforms. and they have an awesome company in rare that isnt allowed to do shit for the xbox. they were contracted by microsoft for a long time and promised a lot of money to put out games only for the xbox but they arent allowed to do what they want. they are forced to work on ideas from microsoft with very little permission to change the ideas. rare is the company who made tons of n64 hits that paved the way for all 1st person shooters. they made goldeneye(which opened the multiplayer 1st person shooter genre), conkers bad fur day(they had a story mode remake which wasnt much improved), perfect dark, jet force gemini, banjo kazooie franchise(highly underrated), killer instinct franchise, donkey kong franchise, and even the great battle toads franchise for nes, snes, and genesis. microsoft has the resources to destroy both ps3 and wii. but they dont use their assets well at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information