Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my car is a dog

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

I have 3.23's. From a stop it will burn them every time. It's a a4 with Toyo Proxes FZ4 tires on it.
    Last edited by blk_jaws; 03-15-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Well from an old "714" guy I can tell you this......
    1. Stall Convertor.
    2. Dyno Tune.

Before you go throwing money in mods get those two things taken care of FIRST.
    FUNNY "RORER"

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Are you seriously considering hotrodding the car for better performance,but won't buy premium gas for it? That's the wrong approach. As stated,your killing the performance by pulling timing out w/the cheap gas. It's only a couple bucks a tank,and it'll be the cheapest horsepower you can buy.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good gas and cheap hard tires is the way to burn em up! Don't forget to disable the traction control.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by mcamp001
    keep in mind these cars pcm's have a high and low octane timing chart to use. If low octane fuel is used, the low octane timing advance is used, so performance will obviously be decreased. Use high octane 92-93 and you shouldn't have any issues spinning the tires
    ding ding ding ding.....we have a winner.

Silver
    2002 Z28

I have gotten pinging with Premium fuel before, its been known to be caused by running too lean. Originally I thought it was my ported MAF, so I got rid of that. And still heard it, Took out my K&N and it went away. I was just told recently that you can also get pinging if the Oil you use on the K&N gets onto the MAF wires. Gonna try cleaning em to see if that helps.

My Z burns nittos on the street even with 2.73 gears, but I would definately advise getting some 3.73s for the A4. But with Free mods, bolt ons, cutout and tune I can burn the nittos so you shouldnt have a problem

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Why are you puting cheap gas in your car?? I shake my head in complete discust when I see or hear about people who do this. I did this in another thread and Ill do it here. Lets do a little math!!

The average driver drives about 15,000 miles a year. The largest price difference I can see between priemium and mid grade is going to be .20 cents a gallon.

The average F-bod is going to get about 20mpg.

1500/20 = 750 gallons a year

750 x .20 cents = $150

If your worride about spending an additional $150 a year on gas you probably should not have bought a V-8 to begin with.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

exactly, nobody thinks about it, but you are paying TOPS $2.50 more per tank for premium, that's 1 cent per mile more

1 cent per mile.

Actually looking at capster's math it's the exact same as mine, 15,000 miles and $150 bucks. I swear I didn't steal your math, but I am gonna steal your statement. -If you can't afford 1 cent per mile more than you are already paying, you shouldn't have bought a V8 in the first place

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Don't even bother modding the car if you run cheap gas. The modding game becomes very expensive and from the sounds of it...you don't like spending money.

I only dream about the day I can grab decent traction on street tires. My little a4 and 3.23 gears won't even think about grabbing traction until 2nd gear. Sure, its fun at first but when you need traction its a PITA.

Thread Information