Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

1946 here. I remember all of the cool cars of the 50s,60s. My first car was a '55 Bel Air 2 dr post. Blew the eng and learned how to change it as well as lots of other stuff. Like an idiot, I had my folks sell it when I went to Boot Camp.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

born in 83 and had bb gun wars...surprised no one lost an eye

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn this thread brings back the memories. I was born in the '60s, a child of the '70s, and a teen during the '80s. I lived it... and it is all so true.

No way would I trade those years for being a kid now. There is not a chance in hell I would have turned out to be the same person I am today.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I couldn't have said it better myself! It was a whole different world

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

we spent every summer on a farm in denmark, from when i was born to the late 80s. farm life, vast woods to explore, the sea. no tv, only a radio. strangely, i never got bored...

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

This is a great thread. Makes my night.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
    This is a great thread. Makes my night.
    it's 9.30 am here, what's your excuse?

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

LOL Well, I guess it is TECHNICALLY morning, 2:30am hehe

LS1.com addiction
    Last edited by TexasLS1; 07-24-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
    LOL Well, I guess it is TECHNICALLY morning, 2:30am hehe

damn LS1.com addiction
    i so know what you mean! ok, gotta go make my taxes, texas...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

1974 here. My Tonka trucks where made of steel and they had locking hubs so you could remove the wheels. Any of you guys remember "Stretch Armstong"? He was the action figure that weighed a ton and could be bent in any position which then he would go back to his original position. When you threw him and he got stuck in a tree he would give you a shinner when he fell out on ya. If ya tore his skin a literally poisonous jelly came out of him. Mom or Dad would bandage him with tape and hand him back to ya. My "Big Wheel" had metal forks and a hand brake. We ate wild rasberries right off the bush till we got sick. Chased fire flies (lightning bugs if your from PA) and put them in a jar we kept in our bedroom. We'd play for hours on a "sit n' spin". Go out in the yard with a flashlight @ night and catch night crawlers to fish with in the morning. Took a spanking in public when we got into trouble. Got soap in our mouths for swearing too.
    Try that today and we'll see ya in jail with your children taken by the state. Played with snakes, and lizards, and caught creyfish in the steam or (crick if you're from PA) which we played in till our feet got puffy... Played with toy guns that only had a red button inside the end of the barrel (which we would pick out) and cap guns that could burn you. Good post Dobe!
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-25-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah excellent post. I'm trying to have my kids do a lot of those things now as they grow up. They're young enough to still love us (4 and 7).

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

We also had to endure grown men wearing cutoff jean shorts frayed at the bottom and with the pockets UNCUT so that they stuck out the bottom of the shorts!! WTF???

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Got my first BB gun through the mail for selling Christmas cards. My Dad taught me how to shoot at the dump using rats for moving targets.

I was told not to eat the paint chips when we painted the house because they would make me sick. The neighbors cat however didn't understand and got sick and died and all of us kids learned an impoortant lesson.

I had a wood burning kit and creepy crawlers for inside toys. Creepy crawlers was basically a metal hotplate with no off button. The goal was to put metal molds on the hot plate and pour liquid plastic "goop" onto the mold and when it cooked it would harden into shapes. Putting my finger in the middle of the cooking plastic was something I only did once.

I got caught one day with a friend of mine trying to build a bomb. We had spent all our money buying "caps" and were scraping off the gunpowder to make bombs so we could blow things up. I was probably only 5-6 years old at the time.

It was fun being a kid in the 1960s...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    We also had to endure grown men wearing cutoff jean shorts frayed at the bottom and with the pockets UNCUT so that they stuck out the bottom of the shorts!! WTF???
    It's true

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Aaaahhh the good ol' days!! '76 here. Great post!

And god, do i remember spankings......

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

White
    2008 Hummer H3

[QUOTE=Sommer86;2003646]Aaaahhh the good ol' days!! '76 here. Great post!

And god, do i remember spankings......[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm hehe.... JK
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-25-2009 at 01:25 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

PS remember Mom crying when Elvis died too.LOL

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    No joke, my dad did this up until I was 14. All his shorts were jeans that he cut off, they would frey a lot, and he would cut shorter. I finally told him at 14 I REFUSED to go anywhere with him wearing them. Take a look around, you look stupid.

All I can say about you old codgers is this. When I was a baby, I got BRAND NEW diaper every single time. I hope you enjoyed your cloth diapers that your parents washed with your regular clothes then put back on. NASTY!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    No joke, my dad did this up until I was 14. All his shorts were jeans that he cut off, they would frey a lot, and he would cut shorter. I finally told him at 14 I REFUSED to go anywhere with him wearing them. Take a look around, you look stupid.

All I can say about you old codgers is this. When I was a baby, I got BRAND NEW diaper every single time. I hope you enjoyed your cloth diapers that your parents washed with your regular clothes then put back on. NASTY!
    Thank God they had Pampers in 74' ! Mom used to say I could put half the water out of the kiddy pool in them old Pampers but they could'nt hold a few ounces of piss from getting out. lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-25-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post

My Mom had a diaper service

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information