Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    I can buy all the body pieces I just cant straighten out/replace metal

What is so hard to understand about that?
    its not an issue, but i had to laugh when i read your post: i want all the pieces straightened or replaced. but, i dont want the body pieces fixed. [?] make it like new but not the body. [?] get it?

blue
    2000 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Shit not a bad idea either! I will try that one as well.
    Yeah, your best bet is going to a junkyard and find pieces, because the shop is only going to do the same and charge you more. And this job is definitely in the thousands. Good luck!

black
    2001 Camaro SS

I couldn't really see it too well in the video but it looks like everything you messed up comes out with bolts and what not, meaning you could do it all yourself except the rear quarter panel.
    Also, anything you just pull back/ out is going to look like shit unless you pay big big bucks to a very high end shop. The hood, bumper and fender will be cheaper to replace than they will to fix. And they arent worth fixing. Plus that back fender will prolly get pulled out just enough and then get filled with bondo which is weak.
    If i was you i'd go to a junkyard and get the bumpers and the front fender.
    THEN!!! i'd get the vfn sunoco hood (no centerline).
    And i think you'll have to bit the bullet on the rear quarterpanel and just let the shop you take it to take care of it.
    That's just my .02

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    I couldn't really see it too well in the video but it looks like everything you messed up comes out with bolts and what not, meaning you could do it all yourself except the rear quarter panel.
    Also, anything you just pull back/ out is going to look like shit unless you pay big big bucks to a very high end shop. The hood, bumper and fender will be cheaper to replace than they will to fix. And they arent worth fixing. Plus that back fender will prolly get pulled out just enough and then get filled with bondo which is weak.
    If i was you i'd go to a junkyard and get the bumpers and the front fender.
    THEN!!! i'd get the vfn sunoco hood (no centerline).
    And i think you'll have to bit the bullet on the rear quarterpanel and just let the shop you take it to take care of it.
    That's just my .02
    Another good idea I'm glad I made this thread

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I'll throw my hat in the ring here and say the rear quarter is going to go for about $1000 in prime only and the rt front assuming you do the work yourself is probably going to be $1500 in parts if new less if used,but you have to think all the labor involved and finding damage as you go tearing into it.Having a place to do it,having the car tied up while You try and find what your looking for,In my humble opinion its not something your going to be happy you started.Sometimes its just easier to pay the freight and get it done.Now if you have a place to do this that's not going to be a problem right about the time you find out that the Radiator Support is junk and there is no way the car is going anyplace under its own power.I say go for it,and please post the end results.I'm speaking from personal experience and in no way am I saying you can't do it.Been there and wont ever do it again.

Thread Information