11 7.91%
  • Tunercats

1 0.72%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    HPTuners alone...although I wish the scanner's graphics were better. But I'm not ready to buy any additioanal software for scanning.

Edit: And I can tune my wife's '00 V6 with no additional cost.
    Im pretty sure 2.0 will be out by the weekend if it already isnt since chris has implimented a new download procedure...the "graphics" havent changed much but more max bytes, more pids, more histos all customizable, comment section all make the new scanner much easier & more user friendly...if you meant graphics as in you use the gauge portion alot you'll be dissappointed but most real tuners never even use it, like myself.

On the Tour Bus...Waking in a new town every day

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I has been known to fry computers, an inferior scanner as compared to hpt & efilive, much longer read & write times, pay updates as compared to free updates offered by hpt & efi live, no 2 bar support whatsoever, no forum of their own only email support, vin locked, no inputs or outputs on their boxes....im sure theres other stuff.
    you forgot to say its a Pain in the ass to use compared to HPT or EFI

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Im pretty sure 2.0 will be out by the weekend if it already isnt since chris has implimented a new download procedure...the "graphics" havent changed much but more max bytes, more pids, more histos all customizable, comment section all make the new scanner much easier & more user friendly...if you meant graphics as in you use the gauge portion alot you'll be dissappointed but most real tuners never even use it, like myself.
    Thanks for your comments. Yes, I was speaking about the gauge portion, since I use it a lot for monitoring purposes (I don't only use the software for tuning purposes). Since I have a computer in my car nearly all the time, it's much easier to use the software gauges than to install a bunch of hardware gauges.

So, I guess it makes me a fake tuner?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I was speaking about the gauge portion, since I use it a lot for monitoring purposes (I don't only use the software for tuning purposes). Since I have a computer in my car nearly all the time, it's much easier to use the software gauges than to install a bunch of hardware gauges.

So, I guess it makes me a fake tuner?
    I do the same thing

Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

if you guys are looking over at your laptop while your driving i feel bad for the people surrounding you.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

anybody have a good heads up display...and using it to show what s on the laptop screen??

ThePatriot
    I would love to see more of this functionality available for handhelds such as an iPaq. It would be awesome to have a small palm device mounted in the cabin to do logging and programming with.
    Anyone?

PS: Can someone please explain to me the difference between looking at a guage face on a Color LCD and a guage on the dashboard? I might need to relay that safety information to our real pilots so they don't run into one another at Mach 3.

Black

if you guys are looking over at your laptop while your driving i feel bad for the people surrounding you.
    I don't see the difference between looking at the laptop or the dash.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    I don't see the difference between looking at the laptop or the dash.

About 45* in your case from looking at that pic

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot
    I would love to see more of this functionality available for handhelds such as an iPaq. It would be awesome to have a small palm device mounted in the cabin to do logging and programming with.
    Anyone?

PS: Can someone please explain to me the difference between looking at a guage face on a Color LCD and a guage on the dashboard? I might need to relay that safety information to our real pilots so they don't run into one another at Mach 3.
    hpt talked about putting it onto a palm for a while...not sure if anything will come of it...efi live has their little black box if you dont feel like having a laptop in your car when logging.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

periferal vision is best straight ahead...and you can see the dash with just a quick glance down... looking over to tehside requires a complete turn of the head..and at the level its at in your picture it also requires a look downwards as well
    from what I can tell it would take turning your head almost completely to a 45* sideways and 45* downwards....
    where guages in teh dash are usually in front of you...and require only an eye glance....which would keep your pereferal vision on the road for that split second...

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

but then again i have HUD in my gtp so i dont even have to glance down any more lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Who says the computer (or monitor) has to be as far to the right as in EdBlownVert's picture? Who says anyone would drive by looking at gauges, rather than the road? All it takes is a glance, and there are appropriate times when you can look more closely, just as you would with only the stock dash guages. The more skilled you are, the easier it is.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

The more skilled you are, the easier it is.
    that was supposed to be funny right? Amazing they will make it illegal in some states to be talking on a cell phone looking strait ahead & driving but having a computer to the right of you, having to glance over at it because its got a more colorful gauge setup then your stock gauges isnt...or maybe it is but im just not skilled enough to do it

Lots

Cops have laptops right there, and they never wreck and most are really good drivers in my town... ummm. Wait, Never mind

ThePatriot
    Cockpit Shots

I don't care who you are; that's funny right there, now!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

that was supposed to be funny right? Amazing they will make it illegal in some states to be talking on a cell phone looking strait ahead & driving but having a computer to the right of you, having to glance over at it because its got a more colorful gauge setup then your stock gauges isnt...or maybe it is but im just not skilled enough to do it
    No, it was not funny, but factual.

The reason some nanny politicians are seeking to ban cell phone usage while driving is because it involves engaging in conversations, which, for some simpler-minded people, take too much of their attention span away from driving. For others, it is no problem.

Like I said previously, who said I am focused on gauges and not the road while driving? Do you stare at your speedometer when driving rather than the road? I doubt it. Who said I have a computer way over on my right? Who said I am looking at a computer "because its got a more colorful gauge setup" than my stock gauges? (And there are many gauges on the computer screen that are not included in the stock gauges, which is the purpose for having the computer displaying such.)

Does too many gauges overwhelm you? Then perhaps you should place some back tape over some of your stock gauges. For me, these are not a hindrance or too complicated. I've had no problem flying planes with a quite a large set of gauges and computer screens that are in front, to the left and to the right. Monitoring them while flying is not too complicated for me. Also, it is not too complicated for me to run a large offshore sport fisherman with many gauges, computers and instruments all around me. For many people, these things are way too complex and they are easily overwhelmed just looking at it all, much less trying to figure out how to use it all.

Have you ever glanced over at your clock to your right to check the time while driving? Or changed your AC setting or radio station setting or put in a CD while driving? Or are those too complicated for you, too? Do you have to pull over and stop in order to change a CD or to take a sip from a drink or to check your fuel gauge?

I cannot help it if you may not have the cerebral capabilities to understand such seeming complexities. If such simple tasks are too complicated for you, then yes, you must not be skilled enough to handle it.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    periferal vision is best straight ahead...and you can see the dash with just a quick glance down... looking over to tehside requires a complete turn of the head..and at the level its at in your picture it also requires a look downwards as well
    from what I can tell it would take turning your head almost completely to a 45* sideways and 45* downwards....
    where guages in teh dash are usually in front of you...and require only an eye glance....which would keep your pereferal vision on the road for that split second...
    The picture was taken outside the car, so ya if you drive out there. Then yes you would have to turn you head.

But it only takes a glance over to look. Not anymore then looking at the side mirror.

I don't sit there staring at the screen. If I need to watch something, I just record it.

I also have the gauges set to turn red and alert me when there is an issue.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

No, it was not funny, but factual.

The reason some nanny politicians are seeking to ban cell phone usage while driving is because it involves engaging in conversations, which, for some simpler-minded people, take too much of their attention span away from driving. For others, it is no problem.

Like I said previously, who said I am focused on gauges and not the road while driving? Do you stare at your speedometer when driving rather than the road? I doubt it. Who said I have a computer way over on my right? Who said I am looking at a computer "because its got a more colorful gauge setup" than my stock gauges? (And there are many gauges on the computer screen that are not included in the stock gauges, which is the purpose for having the computer displaying such.)

Does too many gauges overwhelm you? Then perhaps you should place some back tape over some of your stock gauges. For me, these are not a hindrance or too complicated. I've had no problem flying planes with a quite a large set of gauges and computer screens that are in front, to the left and to the right. Monitoring them while flying is not too complicated for me. Also, it is not too complicated for me to run a large offshore sport fisherman with many gauges, computers and instruments all around me. For many people, these things are way too complex and they are easily overwhelmed just looking at it all, much less trying to figure out how to use it all.

Have you ever glanced over at your clock to your right to check the time while driving? Or changed your AC setting or radio station setting or put in a CD while driving? Or are those too complicated for you, too? Do you have to pull over and stop in order to change a CD or to take a sip from a drink or to check your fuel gauge?

I cannot help it if you may not have the cerebral capabilities to understand such seeming complexities. If such simple tasks are too complicated for you, then yes, you must not be skilled enough to handle it.
    It must take a very small penis to have to feel the need to make yourself look so much better & smarter then anyone around you. I've got a few friends like that...most of them i just ignore knowing they in actuality are failures in life. As far as the point of my posts were that little information can be gained by looking at a gauge screen...at most you'd be able to see is max this or max that...you have an rpm & mph gauge on your dash so what exactly is so important in a gauge screen? A histogram I understand but gauge, no. I guess im cerebrally challenged in that aspect.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information