Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I picked up a sweet deal on mine 2001 camaro ss, 62kmiles on it, black, t-tops,leather,m6, mods were a catbak a lid and a skip shift eliminator... Guy couldn't afford it anymore he owd the bank 9700 on it.. I told him I'd pay 9 cash and he took it .. He paid the left over 700 and gave me the title like 5 days later.. I'd say just be patient and ull find what u want..

Or maybe I just got lucky
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I'm antsy to get out of work today, I fixed an 02 sensor problem yesterday and she's running like a champ...ready to get out on the highway Hopefully T-tops off weather permitting.

Are you seriously looking for another car? If so, I'll keep my eyes open for deals up here, the drive isn't TOO bad if it's too good to pass up
    I've been to norman..id totally drive there to check out a car...if you think its worth it

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah...like i was just telling joshie. I literally cant buy anything right now...thats why im shopping. I may miss a good deal or two, but ill also avoid soem mistakes.

today was my first time to ever drive an LS1, and i about bust a nut in my pants the first time i put my foot in it. red 01 WS6. amazing weather. dealer just gave me the keys. I was with 02WS6Dream. he saw us roll of in my camaro, and his 08 GT/CS, he knew we werent just joy riding, gave us the keys. we popped the t-tops and had a grand ole time in it.

ill be honest, it ran damn good. but it was def a DD. you could tell the dorr panels had been popped. which where cracked, the seat belt guide was cracked. the traction control switch was loose, the clips where broke. the suspension had never never been maintain. wheel hopped like a bitch. running lights where corroded so the blinkers didntm work.....pretty much any chronic T/A problem, it had.

I understand haveing issues, its an 8 year old car with 80k, but they wanted 15k for it. i could get a garage queen for that. one problem, is that the air box wasnt clipped down...some checked out the filter, and did put it back down...who knows how long its been sucking unfiltered air.

regardless, i passed, i know i can get a better car on here for a way better price.

it was pretty, until you looked close, and ran good, but thats about it...def not worth 15k

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    yeah...like i was just telling joshie. I literally cant buy anything right now...thats why im shopping. I may miss a good deal or two, but ill also avoid soem mistakes.

today was my first time to ever drive an LS1, and i about bust a nut in my pants the first time i put my foot in it. red 01 WS6. amazing weather. dealer just gave me the keys. I was with 02WS6Dream. he saw us roll of in my camaro, and his 08 GT/CS, he knew we werent just joy riding, gave us the keys. we popped the t-tops and had a grand ole time in it.

ill be honest, it ran damn good. but it was def a DD. you could tell the dorr panels had been popped. which where cracked, the seat belt guide was cracked. the traction control switch was loose, the clips where broke. the suspension had never never been maintain. wheel hopped like a bitch. running lights where corroded so the blinkers didntm work.....pretty much any chronic T/A problem, it had.

I understand haveing issues, its an 8 year old car with 80k, but they wanted 15k for it. i could get a garage queen for that. one problem, is that the air box wasnt clipped down...some checked out the filter, and did put it back down...who knows how long its been sucking unfiltered air.

regardless, i passed, i know i can get a better car on here for a way better price.

it was pretty, until you looked close, and ran good, but thats about it...def not worth 15k
    offer him 10 if its got all those issues, get what you want tho - its only money. You could die tomorrow and you can't take it with you. May as well live. You are driving a v6 camaro, that ain't livin.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    offer him 10 if its got all those issues, get what you want tho - its only money. You could die tomorrow and you can't take it with you. May as well live. You are driving a v6 camaro, that ain't livin.
    ouch...but now that ive driving that one, i couldnt agree more.

we def had fun though, drove the shit out of it...lit the tires up through first several times.

The way Eric put it to me, even though its just got some cosmetic issues...if the previous owner didnt take care of the cosmetics, doubt he took care of the drivetrain.

the car ran good when we drove it...but no telling how long that will last. I'm actually hoping to find something on here, from someone i can trust.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

if the previous owner didnt take care of the cosmetics, doubt he took care of the drivetrain.

+1 First thing I look for is if the car is well taken care of...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Text from D:

"Now that i drove the TA... a little piece of me dies when I get in mine..."

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Text from D:

"Now that i drove the TA... a little piece of me dies when I get in mine..."
    thanks josh...that a was a heartfelt thought i wanted to share with you, lol

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well turns out my local dealer has an 01 Z28 for sale....$5800. I figure its a trade in or something.

I went to check it out...Ultra Z hood, SS spoiler, big set of tires. well i park and get out to look at. some people are around who just drove it. said it drove good, but they didnt appear to be a reliable source. And they said someone else was negotiating a price inside.

well i go check it out...its maroon and the paints fucked all to hell....clear coming off in big chunks....not like i bubbled or anything...and they hood didnt quite match. the tint was also jacked up. too dark to see inside, but i assume it was bad.

Bad aint job, bad paint care. bad tint. muddy tires for some reason...I figure the motor is trashed too so i walked away.

Since i was there, i tried to test out a new camaro, they had a 1LT, 2LT and 2SS, all were ordered waiting for pick up...no dice on the test drive.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

would this particular T/A your talking about be sitting off of Troup Hwy (110)? If so, I stopped earlier tonight and looked at it, just the outside and peaking through the windows. Outside is definately clean. wouldn't give them what you said they were asking though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah...thats the one

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

shame there asking so much. I'll be back up to tyler saturday so shoot me a pm if you get out and about tomorrow.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    shame there asking so much. I'll be back up to tyler saturday so shoot me a pm if you get out and about tomorrow.
    i can seriously like, see that lot from my apt, lol....you were about 150 yards from me when you were lookin at it...but yeah ill be around saturday.

give me a call, we can get a beer and check out our cars if you want.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

+1. GF leaves to go to Florida early in the am, and I work at 5:30pm--so if you guys are out and about... not to mention--I'd love to see how the lil ole Ford stacks up J!

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

On the door look for code ws9 that means its a v8 firebird aka formula. Y82 I believe is the option code for trans am but it will also say ws9 since all t/a are formys. Then ws6 on the badge is actually the rpo code too so ws6 on the door means its a real ws6. I hear ya man my v6 firebird now has 3.42 and bolt ons and to be honest I've driven my friends z28 with 2.73's in the back many time and was content with mine. However another friend got an m6 with 3.42s in the back and now I might be going to get a z28 this week lol. Good luck
    Dan

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

i can seriously like, see that lot from my apt, lol....you were about 150 yards from me when you were lookin at it...but yeah ill be around saturday.

give me a call, we can get a beer and check out our cars if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    +1. GF leaves to go to Florida early in the am, and I work at 5:30pm--so if you guys are out and about... not to mention--I'd love to see how the lil ole Ford stacks up J!
    That'll work. I should be heading up that way within the next couple hours. will give ya'll a holler.

Thread Information