Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

damn alex i dont feel like looking for it lol

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    damn alex i dont feel like looking for it lol
    i just pmed you. sorry to the original poster for hijacking. we'll be out shortly

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

thankyou

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

so uhh....back to the thread.....yeah after doing some more research, and reading other threads....i think ill go with pacesetter lt's, ory, and the magnaflow catback....itll still be loud, like i want...but without the rasp that the LoudMouth gives w/LT's.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

X-pipe with true duals!!!

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

i would....but i only have around 800 to spend right now....just enough for the lts ory and magnaflow

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I have what you want, and if I were you I'd save for LT's and x-pipe and true duals. More power and they sound amazing.

Mine sounds good and all, but a bit of rasp will come with the LT's and ORY...do what you wish.

Forgot to add that you can probably pick up an x-pipe set up for about 400-500 and you can find LT's for about the same price...so with a bit more money you can get it no prob.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

where would i get the xpipe setup for true duals? texas speed?

Red
    2001 ws6

....if tru duals is wut u want.....save ur money and do true duals.....u might not be able 2 do it right away but in the end ull be happier you did it.....if u just want LT's and a catback then do that but no matter wut GET A TUNE once u add LT's ull run rich....if i wanted i could do pacesetters and magnaflow right now .... im still paying around 650 a month to pay my car off but ive been saving little by little and hopefully by summer ill be able to get true duals and LT's

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...or#post7059282

Search the forums and look at the sponsors on ls1tech. Or ask someone who knows more than me. You can do a search on google and find all the piping an just have an exhaust shop put it all together unless you can weld...you could do it all yourself.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 10-11-2007 at 09:25 PM.

SILVER
    1998 Z28

and a dyno tune will run you 400-500 more. You will need to find a good tuner in your area. See if you can find a member here from around your area and I'm sure you can get some info. A Mail order tune is another option, but some like and some don't but I'm sure everone would agree a dynotune will be better. Also, I read on a different tread (loadmouth and LT I think) you mentioned getting SLP bellows, most would also agree it is more for looks than preformance, but the lid is a great bang for the buck. For a few bucks you can get a fernco I believe it is called at homedepot that will be as effective, just do a search and you will find more info.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks for all the help guys...ill let you all know what happens and post pics whenever i get the car on monday!

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

as far as installing the headers, that shouldnt be too difficult right? and ill def need a tune...ill just get catback now, and wait till i have money for the lt's, ory, and a tune.

Red
    2001 ws6

id wait.....do it all at once....no sense in doing the labor 2x

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by wantaLS1 View Post
    as far as installing the headers, that shouldnt be too difficult right? and ill def need a tune...ill just get catback now, and wait till i have money for the lt's, ory, and a tune.
    Took my buddy 8hrs to get his LT's in

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Glad you are getting a LS-1! Congratulations!! Some advice. Before you jump on the mod wagon do this: Change trans fluid,oil,oil filter,fuel filter,air filter,antifreeze and check out everything on the car. That way you know its all fresh and good to go. Then I would think about what goals you have for the car. How much power are you looking for and what mods you want to go with. That way you dont waste money because you change your mind. Come up with a realistic,solid plan. Ok- you say you want more power. Ok- well besides adding power mods you will undoubtably have to add some suspension and drivetrain mods to support that added power. You mentioned headers,cat back exhaust, y pipe, and a cam. If you are 100% sure you will want to add a cam then this would be a logical approach. Start buying your parts each week or month until you have the headers,y,catback,and cam. After you have all of those parts put on what you can,get a shop to do the rest and get the car tuned. Otherwise you will need to tune the car twice which is expensive. Remember-with a cam swap you will need-hardened pushrods,better springs,ti retainers, a better oil pump(ls6 ported oil pump),better timing chain/gear(I would go with a double tc) and all the needed gaskets.
    While you are doing the cam-its a great time to go with better heads if you have the money and perhaps a FAST 90/90 intake and throttle body????? Then as stated before you will need sub frame connectors and the list goes on...................
    So give it some thought before jumping in.
    You may just want to go with headers,y pipe,catback for now-get a tune and wait a few months till you have the money you will need for a cam swap. If thats the case go with a street tune after headers for now and maybe a better dyno tune after the cam install. Good luck!!!!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Glad you are getting a LS-1! Congratulations!! Some advice. Before you jump on the mod wagon do this: Change trans fluid,oil,oil filter,fuel filter,air filter,antifreeze and check out everything on the car. That way you know its all fresh and good to go. Then I would think about what goals you have for the car. How much power are you looking for and what mods you want to go with. That way you dont waste money because you change your mind. Come up with a realistic,solid plan. Ok- you say you want more power. Ok- well besides adding power mods you will undoubtably have to add some suspension and drivetrain mods to support that added power. You mentioned headers,cat back exhaust, y pipe, and a cam. If you are 100% sure you will want to add a cam then this would be a logical approach. Start buying your parts each week or month until you have the headers,y,catback,and cam. After you have all of those parts put on what you can,get a shop to do the rest and get the car tuned. Otherwise you will need to tune the car twice which is expensive. Remember-with a cam swap you will need-hardened pushrods,better springs,ti retainers, a better oil pump(ls6 ported oil pump),better timing chain/gear(I would go with a double tc) and all the needed gaskets.
    While you are doing the cam-its a great time to go with better heads if you have the money and perhaps a FAST 90/90 intake and throttle body????? Then as stated before you will need sub frame connectors and the list goes on...................
    So give it some thought before jumping in.
    You may just want to go with headers,y pipe,catback for now-get a tune and wait a few months till you have the money you will need for a cam swap. If thats the case go with a street tune after headers for now and maybe a better dyno tune after the cam install. Good luck!!!!
    Some pretty damn good advice right there. All those fluids he mentioned are all easy and good idea to do as well as everything else u mentioned.

Junior Member jason_a_marzewski's Avatar

BRIGHT RALLY RED
    2002 CAMARO Z28RS

Suggestions For Your New Camaro

13 October 2007

Dude, congratulations on the purchase of your Camaro! I have no doubt that you will discover that this is one of the best investments you'll ever make, one that will pay unlimited dividends in personal fulfillment, driving excitement, and expeditious transportation.

You asked for suggestions on modifying your car; here are my recommendations:

1.) Drain your engine oil, transmission fluid, and rear gear oil, and replace them with high-quality synthetic lubricants like those produced by Royal Purple or Red Line; doing so should net you a 12-horsepower gain by reducing friction, and will also prolong the life of their respective systems.

2.) Replace your oil filter and air filter with high-quality upgrades from K&N. Since the cap will be off your rear end housing, consider replacing the weak factory offering with a stronger, larger aftermarket rear end girdle. This will fortify your factory axle and give you some peace-of-mind when you start introducing power modifications to your Camaro.

3.) Add a transmission cooler and a power steering cooler for added protection for your investment.

4.) Install diamond-style subframe connectors and a tunnel brace or drive shaft safety loop to stiffen your chassis, reduce or eliminate squeaks and rattles, and prevent devastating flexing from occurring.

5.) Invest in a durable, adjustable torque arm to augment your subframe connectors. (I recommend that you also purchase a torque arm relocation bracket from BMR Fabrication to relocate the arm mounting location and take the load off of your transmission.)

6.) Seriously consider purchasing the best sway bars, trailing arms, and panhard bar you can afford. (BMR makes top-quality products, but also check out offerings from UMI Performance as an excellent--and slightly more cost-effective--alternative.) Enhancing your suspension with these components will make your Camaro handle the corners much better, will allow you to launch harder and maintain a straight line, and will ultimately make your car much and safer to drive.

7.) Once you've done these basic safety and enhancing upgrades, I’d treat myself to a new set of gears. I'd read the specs on 3.73 and 4.10 gears, weigh the options between the two, and then select the set which fits my goals and objectives. (Generally, 3.73 gears are recommended for automatic-equipped cars and 4.10s are considered an excellent choice for manual editions.) Adding lower gears will keep your LS1 in its power band and will give you remarkable bang for your buck. (I paid about $475.00 for my 3.73s and the installation was also around that price. The gears really woke my Camaro up and have increased my driving pleasure exponentially!)

8.) And this leads me to my final recommendation: Get a Diablo Sport Predator programmer and tune your ride (you'll need to correct your speedometer if you buy the gears, so indulge in both as complimentary purchases). Don't be intimidated by the $400.00 - $500.00 list price of these devices at big-name merchants; I did some Internet shopping and bought mine brand-new, never-before-opened for $250.00 from a small diesel truck tuning company. You can, too.

Anyway, that's my list of suggestions for turning your Camaro into a very fun, very satisfying ride. Keep us posted on your car's development(s) and show us some pictures of it when it arrives!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information