Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

red
    95 Z28

They tried to get rid of them in Colorado, but instead of just writing a standalone bill to just outlaw e cameras, they tried to pile that in with a whole bunch of of other shit, and the whole thing got shot down, despite most politicians agreeing about the cameras. We don't even need the revenue here anymore with pot sales
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No cameras anywhere in our area and with cutbacks in law enforcement due to state budgetary issues it is rare that I see a State Trooper running radar on the highways or interstate these days. I see a lot of commercial motor vehicle enforcement still happening, but the fines for those violations are rather lucrative for the state.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

There is a nearby county in my area that formerly ran several red light cameras at busy intersections. All installed to keep motorists safe in these dangerous areas.

When motorists noticed that the yellow cycle had been shortened on all the intersections with cameras, solely to increase safety of course, the county got sued.

All the camera have now been removed.
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    They tried to get rid of them in Colorado, but instead of just writing a standalone bill to just outlaw e cameras, they tried to pile that in with a whole bunch of of other shit, and the whole thing got shot down, despite most politicians agreeing about the cameras. We don't even need the revenue here anymore with pot sales
    At this point it is hilariously illogical that all states don't utilize pot sales taxes. Only issue is will the states then reduce other taxes.... probably not as they will see it as a chance for more money not equal money from another product. 2 years ago though in WI we did see our property taxes drop for the first time in a long time. So that gives me hope that if WI did legalize POT that we could see our taxes reduced again.

We used to have photo cameras here in Prescott Valley. To take that a step further they also had a half dozen police mini vans setup with cameras and what they would do with those is park them in different inconspicuous places around town, up on sidewalks behind trees and shit, then leave them sit there unmanned, and they would nab you for speeding. You never knew where those boogers would be parked from one day to the next. Everyone knew where the fixed speed cameras were, but the mini vans were sneaky.

We hired a new sheriff from Texas, and shortly after he got in office he removed all the photo cameras and the mini vans, and now has more patrol throughout town, just like it should be.

Phoenix was extremely huge on photo cameras, almost every major town down there had them but over the last 3-4 years they have been slowly removing them.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

AZ is just crawling with LEO's compared to anywhere out here.

LEO's???

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Law Enforcement Officer's
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

The Redflex cameras on the 10 freeway through Phoenix were removed about 5 years ago. They were causing too many collisions as folks would be going about 80, come up to the warning sign about the camera, hard brake to 65 to avoid a ticket and then speed back up until the next one. Too many folks not paying attention were rear ending those that would brake...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Newer radar detectors have built-in GPS which knows where traffic cameras are located. You can also add GPS locations to them for locations where you know cops often are setup to issue speeding tickets.

Around my area, there are tons of LEO's driving around all the time. A good mix of both marked and unmarked cars/trucks/SUV's.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

LEO's, hahaha, okay I got it.

Yes quite a few Jeff patrol the highways around here. Speed limit is 75 and that's not fast enough for most it seems. If you aren't going at least 85 you best get to the far right lane, so yeah we need the patrols, people are just nuts. Give an inch and they take a mile. Of course we also have more fatality accidents than I've ever seen living in any other state. Roll over crashes are common, at least one on the news every night.

I'm a back road kinda guy anymore.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    This is exactly why there is always a bunch of problems (i.e. "red tape") in the legislature: people trying to "sneak" stuff into a bill that shouldn't be there because... agenda.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    LEO's, hahaha, okay I got it.

Yes quite a few Jeff patrol the highways around here. Speed limit is 75 and that's not fast enough for most it seems. If you aren't going at least 85 you best get to the far right lane, so yeah we need the patrols, people are just nuts. Give an inch and they take a mile. Of course we also have more fatality accidents than I've ever seen living in any other state. Roll over crashes are common, at least one on the news every night.

I'm a back road kinda guy anymore.
    AZ has some pretty spectacular accidents... like... if they happened anywhere else, it would be a major deal with helicopters in the sky and the whole emergency services infrastructure responding... but here in AZ... just run of the mill...

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

decided to not take a chance paid ticket

now when I renew my insurance should I lie about getting any tickects?
    cam-LTs-FAST78-Susp.-Rims

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwik219d9 View Post

I'm having trouble deciding if you'd be really bad or really good at the old board game scruples

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yes. Lie about your age and the type of car you drive too. Use a Fake ID.

black
    78 z28

Received ticket in the mail should I pay for it?

hell don't even renew it then you don't have to worry about it

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by qwik219d9 View Post

Providing false information simply gives them a reason to deny coverage if you wreck your car and make a claim. One ticket is not the end of the world. My best one to date was 83 mph in a 45 mph zone. The Trooper pegged me with radar as I was upshifting and still accelerating.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I got pegged going 96 and 77 in a 55. Cop clocked me twice and actually asked me if I wanted to know how fast I was going before and after hitting the brakes lol. That was the day I learned my radar detector stopped working.

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

the city I was in Montgomery, AL have cameras on every red light even none busy streets they even have cameras at stop signs.

when I renew my insurance they always ask have you had any tickets as in pural I'm not really lieing if I say no because I've only had one ticket.

occasionalley when I take a image w/ my digital camera the flash automaticalley comes on and obscures the images guess that how this got invented.

https://www.phantomplate.com/
    I certainalley won't intensionalley run a red light just to test it out but I think it's worth the $50.

Sky mall used to sell police radar jammers (simiairl to this https://radarshield.com/site/ they where kindof pricey however they deserve a look into. I think the police can search you'r car for this jammer and servalley fine you more than a regular ticket?

what do you Guy's think
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 02-24-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information