Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices!!!

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Hey I didn't vote for him....lol
    Neither did I. And the truly sad part is the next two dildos battling it out for office are just as money hungry and shitty as the douche nozzle we have now.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Yeah it's unfortunate that you only have a republican or democrat to select from and not someone who is actually for the people. I guess we have the green party but they never stand a chance.

Yeah it's unfortunate that you only have a republican or democrat to select from and not someone who is actually for the people. I guess we have the green party but they never stand a chance.
    Thats just it,,,the green party. If a tree hugger got elected there probably wouldn't be any gas to buy. If I had to pick I would rather have an oil lover in there,,,,at least there will be gas,,,even if it is $5.00 a gallon

Of course it sounds as if they all are leaning towards other means of fuel though whether it's true or they are just blowing smoke to gain more votes from the green crowd remains to be seen,,,,just all a load of stupid politics if you ask me.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Hey I'm all for alternative means of fuel. First, so I can get around cheaper and secondly so there will be more gas for us to continue to run our hotrods for years to come! I want my 1 year old son to be able to drive the camaro when he gets older!! lol

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Thats what America gets for being fucking stupid enough to put another oil tycoon into the white house.
    c'mon its too easy to blame one person

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    c'mon its too easy to blame one person
    Yeah it's usually easier that way...haha

green
    98 formula

Yeah it's usually easier that way...haha
    yeah remember not too long ago it was all Saddam's fault. While most of you would probably agree, it is the oil companies that are most to blame for price. But as consumers we also don't help the situation.

hugger orange

Hey I didn't vote for him....lol
    ok ok I'm sorry...i voted for him, I'll admit it... but atleast he's only got 1 year left to wreck everything

just think about this. I drive about 600 miles a day and my truck get only 5.8 miles per gallon. desiel around here is $4.25.... soon I will be burning $500 a day just in fuel to haul the freight to the stores so we can all eat... does that depress you? it makes me depressed

Red
    2002 Camaro SS/SLP

Ok back to the topic of running high octane. With the high gas prices do think maybe the high octane fuel like 93 & 94 have been sitting in the under ground tanks for a long time? Maybe getting old and stale? I always run 94 octane in my SS and Silverado that has a blower but have been thinking that maybe I might be getting some old bad gas. Been looking at octane booster but it cost more then the difference between 87 and 94 octane. What is a good octane booster to use any ways?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by stomperz71 View Post
    Ok back to the topic of running high octane. With the high gas prices do think maybe the high octane fuel like 93 & 94 have been sitting in the under ground tanks for a long time? Maybe getting old and stale? I always run 94 octane in my SS and Silverado that has a blower but have been thinking that maybe I might be getting some old bad gas. Been looking at octane booster but it cost more then the difference between 87 and 94 octane. What is a good octane booster to use any ways?
    I was under the impression that octane boosters raised levels quite a bit but the more I read about them the less impressed I was. when they say it raises you a few points they mean 87 is raised to 87.2 or 87.3... not to 89 or 90

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    ok ok I'm sorry...i voted for him, I'll admit it... but atleast he's only got 1 year left to wreck everything

just think about this. I drive about 600 miles a day and my truck get only 5.8 miles per gallon. desiel around here is $4.25.... soon I will be burning $500 a day just in fuel to haul the freight to the stores so we can all eat... does that depress you? it makes me depressed
    WHOA!!!! That is rediculously horrible and depressing.

I guess it's possible that the higher octane gas could be sitting in the tanks longer. I personally have never gotten a bad tank of it though. So long as I fill up at a name brand station. It's the quicky marts and grocery stores where I have gotten bad gas.
    My wife made the mistake of filling up my Monza one day at a grocery store because she was there anyway,,,,she put in 93 octane which is the highest they had. She barely made it home, car wouldn't idle etc....I ended up draining it out and sticking 94 sunoco back in it.

I have tried various octane boosters and found nothing with them really. Not to mention it becomes a pain in the rump to keep a supply of it around, running to the stores and stocking up on them, etc....to have a can around everytime you fill up. In the end it becomes just as expensive as simply buying 93-94 at the pump and be done with it....

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

once your paying $4/gal regardless, whats another 20 cents? im just waiting for someone to explain to me why we are paying more and more for gas even though our supply has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    once your paying $4/gal regardless, whats another 20 cents? im just waiting for someone to explain to me why we are paying more and more for gas even though our supply has increased.
    Good question. Probably more involved than I care to discuss. I'm not much for politics and quite frankly I don't follow it either.

I just pay the price and be happy that I can still drive a hotrod,,and enjoy it while I can.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Regardless what everyone thinks...

I am happy to pay $4.49 a gallon and drive my car in the land of Freedom that is not being attacked by terrorists... Freedom doesn't come free. I think we can make a sacrifice of a couple dollars for all those who are sacrificing a LOT more.

Thanks to all that have made it possible for us!
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Couple things..one, I've heard that our cars computors can't compensate for anything more than 93 octane (no more advance/ or advantage/ or HP ) so adding octane boosters to premium fuel is a waste of $$$ unless you are attemting to get it back up to the original rating. Or close to it. Little more I assume.
    Second, I feel for those that are forced to use their Camaros as their DD, and I think that as $$$ allows, they will probably get into something a little more economical, and drive their beloved Camaro on the weekends. That's one of the advantages of getting a little older, and advancing in your career, you have the available funds to purchase several cars, and not be as affected by the prices of gas, as so forth. You're also tired as hell in the morning, can't remember things...bla bla bla...now where's that little blue pill I used to never need when I was younger.....not!

Red
    2002 Camaro SS/SLP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Couple things..one, I've heard that our cars computors can't compensate for anything more than 93 octane (no more advance/ or advantage/ or HP ) so adding octane boosters to premium fuel is a waste of $$$ unless you are attemting to get it back up to the original rating. Or close to it. Little more I assume.
    Second, I feel for those that are forced to use their Camaros as their DD, and I think that as $$$ allows, they will probably get into something a little more economical, and drive their beloved Camaro on the weekends. That's one of the advantages of getting a little older, and advancing in your career, you have the available funds to purchase several cars, and not be as affected by the prices of gas, as so forth. You're also tired as hell in the morning, can't remember things...bla bla bla...now where's that little blue pill I used to never need when I was younger.....not!
    I agree, I have an '02 SS (bought new) it only has 1,500 miles on it and my '03 Silverado has 12,000 miles so yea I don't drive them everyday. Get this I drive an '87 YUGO yes I said YUGO to work every day. See what these gas prices have done to me!!

But anyways, I have read about how the octane booster doesn't add that much. But I was looking at AutoZone the other day and saw that NOS has a booster out that says it raises octane by a full 60 points. Correct me if I'm looking at this wrong but say 87.0 octane and add the NOS booster (60 Points) that would bump it up to 93.0 octane?? I'm thinking each 1 octane is 10 points right? Or would it be each .1 is 10 points. So say the 87.0 octane would only go up to 87.6??

I don't know! Someone shed some light on this.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    can we just say politics, and so someone can line their pockets with our hard earned money?

hugger orange

I agree, I have an '02 SS (bought new) it only has 1,500 miles on it and my '03 Silverado has 12,000 miles so yea I don't drive them everyday. Get this I drive an '87 YUGO yes I said YUGO to work every day. See what these gas prices have done to me!!

But anyways, I have read about how the octane booster doesn't add that much. But I was looking at AutoZone the other day and saw that NOS has a booster out that says it raises octane by a full 60 points. Correct me if I'm looking at this wrong but say 87.0 octane and add the NOS booster (60 Points) that would bump it up to 93.0 octane?? I'm thinking each 1 octane is 10 points right? Or would it be each .1 is 10 points. So say the 87.0 octane would only go up to 87.6??

I don't know! Someone shed some light on this.

I have an 87 nissan pulsar I'm getting ready to put tags on to drive to work so I feel your pain man....hopefully soon I'l have the motorcycle ready to run here soon

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Many times you won't get as good mpg with lower grade gas in these cars.
    Just put 93 in it. It should even out in the long run.
    If I'm wrong let me know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information