Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    Wesman,
    Have you heard any updates about the rears fitting? Also do you know if the front calipers from the G8 GXP are the same as the CTS-V just saying "brembo" rather than the "v"?
    No information about the rears, as far as I know nobody has tried to make them fit or made a bracket yet. However, I have seen the Z06 4 piston PBR's fitted to an F-body, which requires adaptor brackets from Kore3.

The front G8 GXP calipers are essentially the same as the CTS-V calipers, they just say "Brembo" instead of "V", so they should fit the same.

NBM
    99 TA

Thanks for the info. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but now not sure if I want to pay the extra for the G8's that say brembo.
    Also I tried looking for the Kore3, but the only rear bracket I found was for the 67-81 F-body. I found the rear kit, but also for the same years and looks like it will be over 1G, I was hoping for a cheaper alternative like CTS-V fronts.
    The reason I ask is because I am wanting to try and fill in the space as much as possible, and I think it would look weird to have the fronts with big brakes and the small stocks on the rear.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but now not sure if I want to pay the extra for the G8's that say brembo.
    Also I tried looking for the Kore3, but the only rear bracket I found was for the 67-81 F-body. I found the rear kit, but also for the same years and looks like it will be over 1G, I was hoping for a cheaper alternative like CTS-V fronts.
    The reason I ask is because I am wanting to try and fill in the space as much as possible, and I think it would look weird to have the fronts with big brakes and the small stocks on the rear.
    One guy over on LS1tech did the Z06 rears, he said he got the brackets from Kore3 but I don't have much more info than that unfortunately. I'll see what I can find out though.

Don't worry about the rears looking small when you do the front conversion. LS1 cars already have large 12" vented rotors in the rear, so when you do the 14" rotors in the front, it almost looks factory.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    One guy over on LS1tech did the Z06 rears, he said he got the brackets from Kore3 but I don't have much more info than that unfortunately. I'll see what I can find out though.

Don't worry about the rears looking small when you do the front conversion. LS1 cars already have large 12" vented rotors in the rear, so when you do the 14" rotors in the front, it almost looks factory.
    The reason I am worried about the rears is that they look tiny right now with the wheels I have on. I really like the look of the front CTS-V calipers, but I am hoping someone can make the rears fit as well so that they will be matching. I think it would look funny to have the CTS-v fronts and z06 rears. I looked into the willwood ones, but was hoping for something alittle more budget friendly.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Great Write up! Got my attention for brakes now. CAnt wait to see if th erears fit or not. A little clarification: Which has 4 and which has 6 piston calipers? Sorry, i just want to know wihich is better to get.

NBM
    99 TA

The rears can work with 13in rotors. Kore3 told me that they can make a bracket, but its expensive. Also I am not sure about the correct spacing required to clear the wheels.

The CTS-v brembos shown are 4-piston (requires 2 washers as spacers). The C6Z06 PBR calipers are 6-piston (requires a bracket).
    The new 2010 CTS-v calipers are 6-piston calipers. To my knowledge, no one has tried them on a 4th generation, they will bolt up to a 5th generation. The other issue is that they 2010 caliper uses a larger rotor, so not sure if it would mate correctly with a 14in z06 rotor.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Ok so the more straight forward install would be the CTS-V Brakes (or G8) and ZO6 RIms right? Other then some washers and braided lines.

Answered my question from before. Did a little googling to understand OFFSET.
    Heres alittle help for those of you like me that were confused at first about how offset works. (not back space)

Rim/wheel Offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting surface of the wheel.

Soooo..
    -the closer the mounting surface of your rim is to outside off the rim, the more positive offset you have.
    ie vette rims with 56-58mm (most)
    where as
    -the closer to the inside of the rim you get, the more negative offset you get. (closer or past centerline)
    ei deep dish rims (usually) or rims like mine with a "long" looking hub. somthing like 40-30mm or less. (mounting surface closer to centerline)
    you can even go as far as having NEGATIVE offset with it being -10mm offsets. Think ricers with REALLY deep rims.

SO like the OP posted, you need less then 41mm of offset on your rims to fit CTS-V Calipers without touching the spokes if you are trying to save from using wheelspacers.

Unfortunatly for most stock Vette rims, most i have seen that are in that range are 9.5x18's with 40mm offsets. Im still seaching though. I myself am looking for 10.5x18's for my car with the 40mm offset but so far no dice.

Hope this helps out some people like me that needed some clarification on how to make sure your rims fit.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 09-01-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: answered my own question and adding to install topic.

Red
    02 Trans Am WS6

Does anybody know if this can be done without the spacer for the stock 02 ws6 rims?

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Jknerr View Post
    Does anybody know if this can be done without the spacer for the stock 02 ws6 rims?
    It won't fit on stock rims. You need at least 18" wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information