Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Evidently the exhaust doesnt growl enough for him.....
    LOL...funny. The car isn't for me but to be honest, you gotta respect the level of commitment that took to pull off. And to be honest, it was pretty well done in a Walt Disney on LSD having a nightmare kind of way.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I may have you Beat, looks like Brain Conner from F&F drives this...

Black
    2000 T/A

This is the new pontiac firebird trans am....

and it's very.....HUNGRY...

bwah-haa

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

those poor camaros...

as for the silver & blue car, rims & paint it wouldn't be that bad... I could do w/o the electronics & doors, but it isnt ruined...

but, to each his own.
    Last edited by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT; 02-11-2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: forgot an s

Silver
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

In the name of all the is F-body...What in the hell were these dudes thinking? I mean at least the Sliver and Blue had SOME form of "craftsmenship" but the Teeth thing...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Attrativeness.....

hahahha Oh come on... too much criticism. they evidently liked their ride to place all that time into it. Attractiveness is once again in the eyes of the beholder.

Very interesting Trans Am I can say the least hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescueWS6 View Post
    In the name of all the is F-body...What in the hell were these dudes thinking? I mean at least the Sliver and Blue had SOME form of "craftsmenship" but the Teeth thing...

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    That poor silver/blue car, if someone can buy it, take off those gawdy wheels, all that stereo/tv bullshit out of it, and then convert the doors back, it'll be a half decent car. Atleast it's not unrecoverable like the red one I posted.

I'm thinking of converting my doors just so I stop swinging them into shit. I have to have the door all the way out to get in and out of it.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up It hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by SS/CETA View Post
    I'm thinking of converting my doors just so I stop swinging them into shit. I have to have the door all the way out to get in and out of it.
    You better if you paid top dollar for your TA. Once the paint is off, it's never the same again...... it hurts doesn't it when your TA is scruffed. I know how you feel!

Either that or weld the door shut and climb out through the windows or T-tops hahahahaha!

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

LMFAO!!! Dude, the first time I hit something I lost my mind. I was screaming and acting a fool! I opened the door in the car wash bay thinking I had plenty of clearance and slammed it into the hard ass concrete wall. It crinkled MAYBE a half inch of the paint, but I was sooooo pissed! I stare at it like it's done me wrong every time I get in the car.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

Take the doors off. Package them up all nice and safe, then store them away. Put straps across the door openings to keep from falling out when you hit the turns. There you have it. No more unsightly door scratches or dings. The car will look stupid, but the doors will be safe.

Oh and don't forget to post pictures and tell everybody that it is a mod that got you an extra second in the 1/4.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Lease It

When you react in such a way, one would know you love your vehicle. hahahah! Even rock dings in the road bothers me, especially when I drive it only once a month if any.

Once the paint is scraped off, forget it.. it's not immaculate anymore.

Check this out... I just washed my vehicle... nice and clean. I decided to drive it around the block to the Post Office to drop off a letter at the mail box drive through. I didn't want to roll down the window for it was still wet inside the door panel. So I gently open the door to drop the envelope, though I hit the metal box and scraped some mother freakin paint off!!!! Screwed.....I just should roll the damn window down instead hahahah!

Honestly, being attched to your vehicle is just not cool. No wonder why people throw the money out the window and do Leases!

Quote Originally Posted by SS/CETA View Post
    LMFAO!!! Dude, the first time I hit something I lost my mind. I was screaming and acting a fool! I opened the door in the car wash bay thinking I had plenty of clearance and slammed it into the hard ass concrete wall. It crinkled MAYBE a half inch of the paint, but I was sooooo pissed! I stare at it like it's done me wrong every time I get in the car.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink For Reals---------------------------------

Joking aside, those doors and windows do take up weight.. .let alone your hood and the spoiler.. also the rims. You drop those and your vehicle will be much quicker in the 1/4 mile. The Hood and Spoiler is just for looks along with everything else.

So many TA owners are hooked on the hood.... but the hood does not give you that extra HP at all. The WS6 vent opening is not even direct straight.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8-TA View Post
    Take the doors off. Package them up all nice and safe, then store them away. Put straps across the door openings to keep from falling out when you hit the turns. There you have it. No more unsightly door scratches or dings. The car will look stupid, but the doors will be safe.

Oh and don't forget to post pictures and tell everybody that it is a mod that got you an extra second in the 1/4.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Joking aside, those doors and windows do take up weight.. .let alone your hood and the spoiler.. also the rims. You drop those and your vehicle will be much quicker in the 1/4 mile. The Hood and Spoiler is just for looks along with everything else.

So many TA owners are hooked on the hood.... but the hood does not give you that extra HP at all. The WS6 vent opening is not even direct straight.
    Actually, i'm a little nuts to. When i'm out driving around enjoying the sunny south florida weather, I don't like to stop for anything. I'm scared to death to park it in a parking lot. Like I said I live in South Florida and the old folks around here pull in and out of parking spaces by felling thier way around. They keep hitting things until they can't move any further. They consider that parked.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Sucks............................................. .......

That's just it... being so paranoid of scrapes and dents takes away from the driving enjoyment experience....

Actually, i'm a little nuts to. When i'm out driving around enjoying the sunny south florida weather, I don't like to stop for anything. I'm scared to death to park it in a parking lot. Like I said I live in South Florida and the old folks around here pull in and out of parking spaces by felling thier way around. They keep hitting things until they can't move any further. They consider that parked.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

How about bubble wrap? Its nice and light. My weekend drives usally consist of pre-planed routes. Maybe when I retire and move away from all these people, I will feel better.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Looking Crazy

No... How about a Bicycle? I'm sure that bicycle owners are not paranoid about scratches. Does that tell us we need to get are head check?

The status symbol thing of only a clean ride huh? Ohters don't see the flaw on our vehicles like we can.

Even though I will be selling my TA in 2 years for the new Camaro..... I'm still crazy about it looking proper!
    How about bubble wrap? Its nice and light. My weekend drives usally consist of pre-planed routes. Maybe when I retire and move away from all these people, I will feel better.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HOLY SHIT....i skipped a beat when that opened...wow.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    HOLY SHIT....i skipped a beat when that opened...wow.
    It looks like a cartoon image huh? hahahahaha Pretty wild!

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

If you own it out right. Keep it. Finance the Camaro. I am looking for a 79 TA at the right price. I will never give up my 30th. If they ever came out with a new bird I would still hold on to my 30th. I would just be in debt up to my eyeballs. But I would be smiling surrounded by TA's.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry Cost too Much to Maintain

Man, you don't know the half of it. I have a 2001 that is a garage queen with 11,000 miles that has never been out in the rain. I only cruise once in a while in that one for look and the thrill.

I have another Silver TA I bought last summer as my Daily Driver to work, etc. with 120,000. It was in the shop for the first month upon purchase because they had to replace Engine seal and leaked oil like hell. Replaced light socket, catback exhaust, window motor, flasher, bulbs.... dealt with pulley squeaks.... gas filter, and it has been leaking Rack and Pinion ever since. Oh, and those damn suspension Bushings have been replaced as well. The bushings squeak in all TAs. This is the reason why I want to part with this vehicle for the new Camaro. I have also treated the engine for knocks. Hell it has cost me big time for ownership. I rather get rid of it and throw the bucks into a new Camaro if the price is right. I'm afraid Chevy will be asking way too much for these new Camaro like the pricing of the Challenger, which is $44,000 for ownership.

I'm with you in keeping ownership, though this TA needs to hit the road.

The previous owner probably traded in this TA for those reasons. I thought I had a great deal at $9,200 out the door until I came across all these problems

If you own it out right. Keep it. Finance the Camaro. I am looking for a 79 TA at the right price. I will never give up my 30th. If they ever came out with a new bird I would still hold on to my 30th. I would just be in debt up to my eyeballs. But I would be smiling surrounded by TA's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information