Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Impounded
    gmcheviac

Small block chevy would fit well in a 300, affordable too. It's more of an upgrade on the old body style though

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Jodi, im gonna one up you.

Why the fuck are f-body prices completely out of control? I cannot believe the prices people are asking for their cars! I realize they might not get what they ask, but come on, get off your high horse and get back to reality.

people are asking thousands over book value for their cars for no good reason. how are v-8 firebirds with 50,000 on them from '98-'99 carrying $15k-18k asking prices when even in good condition they are 1/2 to 2/3 at most that asking price.

it's a fucking joke. everyone must think they have the last Ws6, Firehawk, or SS that rolled off the line. not to mention the fact people cant advertise their vehicles correctly to begin with.

it actually pisses me off. and dont even get me started on the prices dealers are setting for f-bodies! a 2000 TA with (non-ws6, so nothing special about it), and they want in the $12k range. roughly $4k more than book!? these cars are all over the boards, autotrader, and it amazes me how stupid some people are.

i've had people people hang up on me when i have asked the very fair question of, "why exactly is this car priced $3k more than book for the condition you state it's in?". you know, justify to me why this is the case. im not out to lowball, but i will not be the sucker.

point in case, check out this ad. called the guy and he refuses to budge on the price. it's real value is about 20% or so of his asking price in the condition its in. people like this piss me off because that car can be saved, but instead it sits, wasting away. fuck all you fuckers that think you have the last f-body in the world. they are not that rare...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

Why the fuck are f-body prices completely out of control? I cannot believe the prices people are asking for their cars! I realize they might not get what they ask, but come on, get off your high horse and get back to reality.

people are asking thousands over book value for their cars for no good reason. how are v-8 firebirds with 50,000 on them from '98-'99 carrying $15k-18k asking prices when even in good condition they are 1/2 to 2/3 at most that asking price.

it's a fucking joke. everyone must think they have the last Ws6, Firehawk, or SS that rolled off the line. not to mention the fact people cant advertise their vehicles correctly to begin with.

it actually pisses me off. and dont even get me started on the prices dealers are setting for f-bodies! a 2000 TA with (non-ws6, so nothing special about it), and they want in the $12k range. roughly $4k more than book!? these cars are all over the boards, autotrader, and it amazes me how stupid some people are.

i've had people people hang up on me when i have asked the very fair question of, "why exactly is this car priced $3k more than book for the condition you state it's in?". you know, justify to me why this is the case. im not out to lowball, but i will not be the sucker.

point in case, check out this ad. called the guy and he refuses to budge on the price. it's real value is about 20% or so of his asking price in the condition its in. people like this piss me off because that car can be saved, but instead it sits, wasting away. fuck all you fuckers that think you have the last f-body in the world. they are not that rare...

boy, you sound like a real dick.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I agree they are not rare or special. Yet you have people asking 20k to 25k for 02's. Yes I know you have every mod out there. And yes you only have 30k-40k miles on the clock. But 25k for a 02??? I will go find a 00 or 01 for 7k or 8k and do the same mods and have 10k in the bank.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

That lt1 "peels rubber" in 6th gear, apparently it's an amazing car

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

I can't quote back on this phone, but I know exactly what you mean. While o looked I swear I heard "these are getting hard to find...blah blah blah multiple times only that I was finding them all over the place and overpriced. But I got a good deal on mine even now with a bad clutch. And you forgot to let me know when you went thru Oklahoma. Lol

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

If their not that rare go guy a Trans am today. A new one, off a lot. At the rate people are killing them, parting them out, crashing them, being given to kids, give it ten years or less and those prices might be justified.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    thank you for the compliment!

you must be the type of person i was talking about. struck a nerve, did i!?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

thank you for the compliment!

you must be the type of person i was talking about. struck a nerve, did i!?
    I take it you will lose sleep over it...

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    If their not that rare go guy a Trans am today. A new one, off a lot. At the rate people are killing them, parting them out, crashing them, being given to kids, give it ten years or less and those prices might be justified.
    Im trying to find some kind of rebuttle in you post, but can't. Your 10yr comment killed anything you might of had going.

What you stated can be said for any car line, any car model, produced or discontinued, not just Camaros or Firebirds. So, mute point, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I take it you will lose sleep over it...
    im still up aren't i!?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

im sorry, im sorry. i have to go back to this. you...you really made my day. thank you!

you have no clue how many times i hear, "You're such a nice individual."

its great to be appreciated and seen for who i really am.

Black
    99 Z-28

Ferrari parts are retardely expensive. Something like 12k for a clutch installed. My brother had an old gtb? Magnum PI they wanted 8k to replace the gaskets in the car no new parts just gaskets.

Impounded
    no. hes not. i think the same thing.
    perosnally. i dont think they want to sell them. they just put it out there and see if an idiot comes along with too much cash.
    i just about suckered a rich boy at my school to buy my car for 13K
    hey. his stupidity wouldve been my gain. but thanks to redneck county....he bought a fucking 2005 2500 6.0L Silverado instead.

used cars can be quite re-fucking-diculous...

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

I gave up fixing my old maro and bought a new 2010 SS.

All parts now on warranty.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jodibonds View Post
    This is my rant and I'm pissed off. I need a new clutch for my car...bad. 500 and 600 hundred bucks is crazy!!!! My 97 stang had a $75 king cobra clutch that lasted me four years and countless track nights. My twin turbo 300 had a $250 ebay special and it came with an aluminum flywheel with countless track nights on it. I'm frustrated. I'm trying to put my65 back together and a Damn expense ass LS1 clutch is kicking my ass. And I bought headers already and a heater core and all kinds of various stupid shit. I wanna cry about it sometimes....I'm such a girl. Lol

My friend has a '91 300z tt and most of his parts are a lot more expensive than mine...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by jodibonds View Post
    This is my rant and I'm pissed off. I need a new clutch for my car...bad. 500 and 600 hundred bucks is crazy!!!! My 97 stang had a $75 king cobra clutch that lasted me four years and countless track nights. My twin turbo 300 had a $250 ebay special and it came with an aluminum flywheel with countless track nights on it. I'm frustrated. I'm trying to put my65 back together and a Damn expense ass LS1 clutch is kicking my ass. And I bought headers already and a heater core and all kinds of various stupid shit. I wanna cry about it sometimes....I'm such a girl. Lol
    Hopefully you get a clutch soon cause im gonna be going to the track alot this year. and im assuming you will too

Black
    2005 GTO

Idk I never thought f-body parts were all that expensive.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Idk I never thought f-body parts were all that expensive.
    its just the name brand stuff thats costly just because they can mark it up rediculously

Black
    1999 Trans Am

WOW I bought my 99 for $9500 two years ago and to think I could have had a 93 for $11k.

Impounded
    i got mine for $9K and it needed some TLC with 73,XXX miles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information