Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kbluws6
    is it possible that the shop did not install the rear end locators that you usually have to buy seperate of the springs?? if the car is lowered and the rear end is not recentered, then it is way off to one side....especially with the sportlines. when the car is taking off, the weight could shift and push or pull the rear to the side, posing a rubbing problem with a inner wheel weight on a rear tire hitting the body or even the tire rubbing.

just my $.02
    Tim
    Hey Tim,

Could you give me some info on these locators? Neither Eibach or the shop that did the work know what these are.

Thanks!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I talked to Eibach yesterday, and they suggested swapping sides for the rear springs. When I called the shop after the Eibach call, they too indicated that the rear springs are an easy swap, and they would like to do this as a troubleshooting step... so, I'm having them swapped tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed...

Life's short, drive FAST 2kbluws6's Avatar

Blue
    2000 Pontiac WS6

sorry about that... i was thinking of the rear lower control arm relocators...not the rear end relocator. i would probalaly have tehm measure if the rear is in the center of the car...if anything have it more to the drivers side... if it is not then i would suggest an adjustable panhard bar.

Tim
    2000 Blue Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP lid, smooth bellows, MAF, EGR mod, Black ZR-1 wheels with 315's, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, GMMG, tinted 35%, Moser 9" w/Tru-trac/4.10's, HPP3, CF DF clutch, Sphon TA, LT1 sportlines

Quote Originally Posted by 2kbluws6
    sorry about that... i was thinking of the rear lower control arm relocators...not the rear end relocator. i would probalaly have tehm measure if the rear is in the center of the car...if anything have it more to the drivers side... if it is not then i would suggest an adjustable panhard bar.

Tim
    Thanks Tim.

They swapped the rear springs from side-to-side yesterday, but no change.

Is it possible that the panhard is the problem? Any idea what a "nice" adjustable one costs? This thing is driving me crazy... it's a pretty significant thudding/vibration, I'm just hoping whatever it is, isn't causing damage somewhere.

A simple spring change... this sucks.

philsls1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage
    Thanks Tim.

They swapped the rear springs from side-to-side yesterday, but no change.

Is it possible that the panhard is the problem? Any idea what a "nice" adjustable one costs? This thing is driving me crazy... it's a pretty significant thudding/vibration, I'm just hoping whatever it is, isn't causing damage somewhere.

A simple spring change... this sucks.
    you need to put an adjustable panhard bar on their. you can find them for 150-200. if you didnt put one of these on your rear end has shifted to the right. the noise your getting is the binding the drive shaft is having in the u joints from being torqued off center. you need this panhard bar to adjust the rearend to square. dont drive to aggresive with this rearend like this you will break ujoints if thats all you would break. the reason you are not feeling this with a passenger is because believe it or not the weight is shifting car over enough to get rid of bind or enough of the bind to stop you from feeling it but its still binding pretty hard. cant believe person that installed these springs didn't tell you about this? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by philsls1
    you need to put an adjustable panhard bar on their. you can find them for 150-200. if you didnt put one of these on your rear end has shifted to the right. the noise your getting is the binding the drive shaft is having in the u joints from being torqued off center. you need this panhard bar to adjust the rearend to square. dont drive to aggresive with this rearend like this you will break ujoints if thats all you would break. the reason you are not feeling this with a passenger is because believe it or not the weight is shifting car over enough to get rid of bind or enough of the bind to stop you from feeling it but its still binding pretty hard. cant believe person that installed these springs didn't tell you about this? hmmm
    Thanks for the info! I just ordered the Edelbrock for $106.
    Last edited by Bob Savage; 05-13-2006 at 07:49 AM.

Alright, sorry to bump such an old thread, but I didn't want to leave this open. It's been a while now since it got figured out, but I brought it to another shop who identified that the tranny bracket was broken.

It was either a great coincidence, maybe broken already but I didn't feel it with the stock shocks (doubtful), or maybe the stiffer, lower suspension caused an already aged/weakend mount to give.

I'm just glad that adjustable panhard didn't cost too much.

Thread Information