Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    If I remember correctly, two had to lose in the last week (and they did).

They won the SEC, see my previous comments about the SEC champ.

LSU did what they had to do, the others did not.

Agree on every point.
    Georgia was only one example. What about VT or Oklahoma who both finished 11-2. VT was also listed higher than LSU the previous week. How about Kansas who was ranked 5th at 11-1 yet they got jumped over. Last time I checked 11-1 was a better record than 11-2.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 View Post
    Georgia was only one example. What about VT or Oklahoma who both finished 11-2. VT was also listed higher than LSU the previous week. How about Kansas who was ranked 5th at 11-1 yet they got jumped over. Last time I checked 11-1 was a better record than 11-2.
    And none of those teams were the SEC champs...

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Although, I still think there ought to be a playoff system. But in the year in question, the "experts" and computers said LSU deserved a chance to play and they proved they did by winning against a team that no one seems to be questioning their selection.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    That link goes to an article about the Dolphins GM asking Dez Bryant if his mom is a prostitute.
    I must have copy/pasted the wrong one, I was reading both those stories around the same time. I bought fell over when I read that Dez Bryant story though. The GM that did that is under the gun now, needs shit canned for that b/s.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    How many other teams had to lose for you to even have a chance at getting in the championship game? LSU backed its way into that game, and didnt even deserve to be there. And then they got matched with a shitty OSU team that still might have beaten them if they hadnt had an extreme letdown. I never have been able to figure it out, so many teams outplay LSU only to completely self destruct and ALLOW LSU to come back. And Les Miles is a fucking idiot. That guy is such a lucky fuck it's hilarious. There were so many low precentage make or break plays that he got lucky and hit. His play calling is fucking rediculous.
    Les Miles is the biggest fucking idiot of a coach in college football, period.

He may have a BCS with his name on it, but it was Saban's players that won that title, not Miles. Miles hasn't done jack shit since Saban's players all departed from the LSU program.

Quote Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 View Post
    Georgie was 10-2 and ranked 4th going into the last game of the season which they won. LSU was ranked 7th at 10-2 going into the last game that they also won. How is it that LSU somehow managed to jump over 4 other teams to move to 2nd?

#1 Missouri and #2 WVU both lost the last games. That moved #3 Ohio State to #1. That makes sence to me. How LSU jumped over 4 other teams that all won the last game of their seson is still a big question to me. If youd like to make it clear please do so.
    #1 Missouri didn't just lose their last game that season, Oklahoma soundly beat them for the 2nd time that year. Then we turned around and shoved them off the college football map the following year in the B12 title game. They haven't been spotted since that ass beating in the 2nd B12 title game.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

WTF does all this college football BS have to do with Jamarcus Russel??????

2002 transam ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Les Miles is the biggest fucking idiot of a coach in college football, period.

He may have a BCS with his name on it, but it was Saban's players that won that title, not Miles. Miles hasn't done jack shit since Saban's players all departed from the LSU program.

#1 Missouri didn't just lose their last game that season, Oklahoma soundly beat them for the 2nd time that year. Then we turned around and shoved them off the college football map the following year in the B12 title game. They haven't been spotted since that ass beating in the 2nd B12 title game.
    that's the same as saying Saban won with Dinardos players. I can't wait for the mad hatter to go somewhere else.

Black
    2000 trans am

My point is LSU jumped over 4 teams that should have been infront of them when the season was over. If your best argument is "well LSU was the SEC champs" then my point was made. Better teams being jumped over, since before that season started they were named the BCS champs.

Oklahoma did win the B12 title game over Missouri ill give you that. But didnt they lose to a school that they should have blown out of the water (WVU) by a score, if I remember, of 48-28?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by barnac0 View Post
    that's the same as saying Saban won with Dinardos players. I can't wait for the mad hatter to go somewhere else.
    One difference though, Saban has won other championships. Miles, not so much.

2002 transam ws6

One difference though, Saban has won other championships. Miles, not so much.
    don't get me wrong, I would rather have saban than Miles. That argument about winning with Sabans players is bs to me.

Black
    2000 trans am

Back on topic. Russell's career stats in the NFL (2007-2009)

354/680 (comp/att)
    4,083 yards
    18 TD/12 INT
    70 sacks
    65.2 passer rating

Raiders really got a winner there.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5140313

I wonder who will pick him up as a project, someone will.
    I doubt they will. Most teams see how badly he played in Oakland, what his work ethic was, and now he's really let himself go(weighing in at almost 300 pounds).

But if they do, it will be for the league minimum for a player with 3 years experience.

On a side note: I can't believe Clady tore his knee up today. That's a HUGE blow to the Broncos! Hopefully he'll be ready come opening day, but I doubt it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    I doubt they will. Most teams see how badly he played in Oakland, what his work ethic was, and now he's really let himself go(weighing in at almost 300 pounds).

But if they do, it will be for the league minimum for a player with 3 years experience.

On a side note: I can't believe Clady tore his knee up today. That's a HUGE blow to the Broncos! Hopefully he'll be ready come opening day, but I doubt it.
    Well, you might be right, but technically, I didn't say anything about anyone picking him up as a QB project. Maybe he is better suited to play offensive guard, clipboard toter, waterboy, tee fetcher, mascot, or tackling dummy. Basically anything where he never has to touch the ball he might have qualifications for. He might also be a good DB coach's assistant, someone to throw the ball so the DBs could practice making interceptions

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    WTF does all this college football BS have to do with Jamarcus Russel??????

I was just pointing out that he came from a shit system at LSU, got lucky as fuck, and was praised for it (as seen in his draft pick and salary). Now it's coming out just how big of a worthless POS he is. Always has been.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree that was a very inappropriate thing to say.

I must have copy/pasted the wrong one, I was reading both those stories around the same time. I bought fell over when I read that Dez Bryant story though. The GM that did that is under the gun now, needs shit canned for that b/s.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Well, you might be right, but technically, I didn't say anything about anyone picking him up as a QB project. Maybe he is better suited to play offensive guard, clipboard toter, waterboy, tee fetcher, mascot, or tackling dummy. Basically anything where he never has to touch the ball he might have qualifications for. He might also be a good DB coach's assistant, someone to throw the ball so the DBs could practice making interceptions

I think you described Russell's pro football career to a tee!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information