Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Miles are pretty high for what it is, but I love the blackbirds, and he's got a very rare color on top of that. I think the stage 2 should add value since it was done by GMMG, isn't that like a 10k upgrade?

I agree, buying a vette? Come on dude those things are a dime a dozen.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post

I agree, buying a vette? Come on dude those things are a dime a dozen.
    and f-bodies are not?
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    I wouldn't buy it thought. Too much damn money. I'd rather have a formula and build it up to 500hp and not spend all that cash.

SOM

Let me guess, you used to own a vette. But were talking about a Blackbird here so no, I would say a SOM phase II blackbird is not a dime a dozen.

Even comparing the amount of vettes I saw to WS6's / SS's back in 2002 wasn't even close. This area is saturated with Corvette owners.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Yeah i'd have to say i see way more vettes than WS6's/SS and about the same amount of vettes compared to any f-body.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

I think blackbirds are good cars and will definentley hold their value even if their not original. adding the stage I, II, or IIX will only increase the value. with the car being a collectable, i dont think i would want it cause the best thing to do with that is to let it sit and let its value increase. i'll just stick with the much cheaper WS6.

black

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    Let me guess, you used to own a vette. But were talking about a Blackbird here so no, I would say a SOM phase II blackbird is not a dime a dozen.

Even comparing the amount of vettes I saw to WS6's / SS's back in 2002 wasn't even close. This area is saturated with Corvette owners.
    i owned a C5 correct.
    a blackbird isnt a dime a dozen, but neither is a z06 which could be had at the same price.
    lets be honest here, the blackbird and Z06 look the same to non gearheads, a.k.a dime a dozen.

SOM

I don't know, I guess I don't really care what someone who's not into cars thinks anyways. The car guys will know the difference. But I know what your getting at.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

black

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    hay RICHY_RICH67, if a person wanted to be materialistic as you say, they would buy a normal C5, not a Z06 because your average person wouldnt know the difference.
    i didnt say the guy should buy a Z06, i said a person could buy a Z06 for the asking price of that car.
    also who the fuck cares why people buy cars and for what reason they have, its there money.
    if wanted the snob appeal, i would off kept my 2002 corvette.
    you sound like a pissed off kid who couldnt afford a vette and settled for an f-body.

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

Personally, I think the 30th and CETA cars will be worth way more than a Carl Black Vehical. Just because Pontiac came out with it. That car means nothing to me. And that guy is crazy for wanted a Vette....Just like A-holes, Everyone has one!

black

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    Personally, I think the 30th and CETA cars will be worth way more than a Carl Black Vehical. Just because Pontiac came out with it. That car means nothing to me. And that guy is crazy for wanted a Vette....Just like A-holes, Everyone has one!
    i guess some people rather be called assholes than be called joe dirts for driving around in f-bodies.

Thumbs up

Very well said!

black
    01 ws6

I see 5 corvettes before I see 1 transam, camaros is about 2 corvettes to 1 maro here in san diego

Black
    2001 Trans Am Ws6

What do you guys think this one will go for? The buy it now is f+ing ridiculous for a TA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...em350033794124

Doesn't sound like preaching to me. He was just stating why he drove a certain car. Of course you would have to use some common sense to recognize that.

SOM

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    I think history has proven that not to be the case. And all you have to do is look at the Yenko cars, or even more recent Berger. All the 30th and CETA's are is an appearance package. Carl Black cars are much more rare and came with modifications, plus their recognized by GM.

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

Good point, but still that was my own 2 cents, Id rather own my 30th car over a Carl Black car because that car means nothing to me, over priced with to many miles.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I got my SS casue for a 19 year old kid (at the time) it was a dream come true. I love my F-body and would never sell it. People may say that the SS is the poor man's vette and I say to them is "fuck 'em." I price I paid for that SS I could have picked up a used C5 vette. Actually seen a couple too, but personally I don't think that the Vette was made for the older generetions e.g. babyboomers and when that time comes for me it will be a dream come true to own a Vette. Jus my .02 and I don't give a fuk if u like it or not.

Black
    2000 T/A

you should really read the entire thread before acting like a hard ass.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information