Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Yeah, it may be. I just prefer not to throw parts at something on a guess, especially when the parts arent cheap. Lots of people have done exactly that based on internet advise, and ended up wasting alot of money on unnecessary parts. Just my opinion.
    Well maybe he should just take it to the dealer and have them run a complete diagnostic on it and call it a day. That way he can be sure what it is and it will only cost him the price of 3 or 4 opti's.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    2002 Trans Am 514 RWHP / 510 Torque

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Well maybe he should just take it to the dealer and have them run a complete diagnostic on it and call it a day. That way he can be sure what it is and it will only cost him the price of 3 or 4 opti's.

Sorry you're so offended at my thoughts, but guessing is fucking stupid. It probably is the opti, but these things shouldnt just fail when they're 3-4 years old unless they were installed incorrectly or there was another problem to being with that is contributing to its failure. Sorry yuo've gotten screwed by a dealer in the past.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Sorry you're so offended at my thoughts, but guessing is fucking stupid. It probably is the opti, but these things shouldnt just fail when they're 3-4 years old unless they were installed incorrectly or there was another problem to being with that is contributing to its failure. Sorry yuo've gotten screwed by a dealer in the past.
    Offended??? No...hardly. I have changed out many of Opti's in my day and have never taken any cars to the dealer unless it was under warranty.

Don't be a douche bag just because someone is in disagreement with you. The opti issue is nothing new and not rocket science. Don't try and make things more difficult than it needs to be.

You getting pissed is nothing surprising though. You have been doing for years on this forum. You are a self acclaimed internet expert which in reality means absolutely nothing.

red
    95 Z28

Offended??? No...hardly. I have changed out many of Opti's in my day and have never taken any cars to the dealer unless it was under warranty.

Don't be a douche bag just because someone is in disagreement with you. The opti issue is nothing new and not rocket science. Don't try and make things more difficult than it needs to be.

You getting pissed is nothing surprising though. You have been doing for years on this forum. You are a self acclaimed internet expert which in reality means absolutely nothing.

Not sure why you felt the need to add in the insults, so if anyone's getting bent out of shape it's you (even though in typical fashion you were really hoping I was mad and you got under my skin ). Disagree with me all you want, but guessing at issues and throwing parts at a problem is rarely the answer, even if this does turn out to be the opti. Got anything else to say to me take it to PMs. And here's your points for flaming.

black
    1995 trans am

1995 t/a

Ok guys before the i got no spark i started the car and left it running and went back in the house to get sum it was 3_4 min i heard the car die so i went to restart and it wouldnt it would just turn over so i check for gas so it is getting gas but has no spark any ideas

red
    95 Z28

How are you checking for gas? Just curious. Have you ever started the car and let it run, with a fuel pressure gauge installed. I'm pretty sure you can rent one that will work. Just to observe what's happening with the pressure when the car dies. I only bring it up because it's an easy way to confirm no issue there. I've had fuel issues with cars where you would get fuel coming visually out of lines, and you didnt see the problem until a gauge was there. It may all be a moot point if you've verified no spark. It just seems odd the car will run for so long and then die. Which makes it an intermittant no-spark condition. I've heard of optis failing in a miriad of different ways though. I wonder if the issue is related to the car going from open loop to closed loop as it heats up.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Classic symptom of a bad opti....

But wait...you might want to check your tire pressure and see if that has an effect on your no start issue. Also...it could be a blown tail lamp bulb too. Just make sure you check everything else on the car before starting with the logical answer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Black beauty View Post
    Ok guys before the i got no spark i started the car and left it running and went back in the house to get sum it was 3_4 min i heard the car die so i went to restart and it wouldnt it would just turn over so i check for gas so it is getting gas but has no spark any ideas
    awesome.....

Classic symptom of a bad opti....

But wait...you might want to check your tire pressure and see if that has an effect on your no start issue. Also...it could be a blown tail lamp bulb too. Just make sure you check everything else on the car before starting with the logical answer.

now that's some funny shit right there......

I agree with both him and 5.0. I think it's the opti but I would never change it without trouble shooting it to be sure that's what it is. Last time I checked opti's were pretty damn expensive.

white
    96 Trans Am

OK! Check for the ICM signal from the PCM w voltometer...it should read low like 8v or 5v or somthing when key is cranking! Unplug ICM and connect Voltometer to Harness from PCM..... NO CIGNAL means 2 things! BAD OPTI TRIGGER or BAD PCM.... the OPTI signals the PCM to signal the ICM to fire the coil pack! BUT I'VE SEEN THE PCM ACT FUNNY ON MANY OCCASION!!!

Thread Information