Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power

White
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    wow 300 hp at the wheels with your mods??? Sounds like the car has a shitty tune on it to me. My buddy Tims a4 02 T/a dyno'd 340 at the wheels with similar mods minus the 12 bolt. Something its not right with that.

also from my experience with the A4 unless you get nasty on the throttle you wont feel the power and it does bog a bit in fourth untuned in stock form. As stated above the a4 with a decent tune should be able to make your tires scream in agony from first to second no sweat!!! Get a new tune and put a stall in that bad boy and that should put a nice grin on your face lol
    Again I believe it was on a mustang dyno so it may be a bit lower. Like I said I have not gotten nasty with it yet. I will try this weekend if the weather is nice. If I do I will post results. Justin you are the first to say the A4 may be a little low on power until you get on it, which gives me hope because like I said I have not yet.
    Coil Pack Covers with TA Emblems, Pillar Gauges, SLP LT Headers-Cats-exhaust, Chrome-moly Torque Arm, .095 Custom Steel Driveshaft, Chrome-moly Fully adjustable Panhard Bar, 12 Bolt Strange Rear End with TA HD Cover. Subframe Connectors, stainless brake lines, K&N, Strut Tower Brace, custom tuned.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I think your just so used to the auto tap on the chrysler. With these cars you have to push the gas harder to get the trans to "kickdown" and go. I bought a charger R/t daytona edition after i got out of the army and I can tell you it has nowhere near the balls my 6speed camaro has. I would just get a tune done, and if you feel inclined a stall and you will be very impressed with the performance. Im thinking whoever tuned your car forgot to reduce or eliminate the torque reduction mode as well.

P.S. The steelers are losing right now!!!! WTF now Im gonna have to deal with a pissed off girlfriend when I go down there this weekend lol

White
    2002 WS6

I think your just so used to the auto tap on the chrysler. With these cars you have to push the gas harder to get the trans to "kickdown" and go. I bought a charger R/t daytona edition after i got out of the army and I can tell you it has nowhere near the balls my 6speed camaro has. I would just get a tune done, and if you feel inclined a stall and you will be very impressed with the performance. Im thinking whoever tuned your car forgot to reduce or eliminate the torque reduction mode as well.

P.S. The steelers are losing right now!!!! WTF now Im gonna have to deal with a pissed off girlfriend when I go down there this weekend lol
    Brings up another point if I press the tcs button to turn it off, does it turn it off completely. On the charger it only reduced it a bit and HAL still took over. How bout the LS1's?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

It will be totally off!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PGH_WS6 View Post
    Brings up another point if I press the tcs button to turn it off, does it turn it off completely. On the charger it only reduced it a bit and HAL still took over. How bout the LS1's?
    tip: turn car on, turn TCS off EVERY TIME YOU DRIVE.

only turn it back on if you're in the rain.

black
    1999 trans am

well man not to be a ass but that ls1 should blows the doors off that charger.. but im def sure u need to just floor that thing..its broken in..get some pulleys. and make sure ur uskin 93 octane..turn off traction control..t tops in..and maybe get a intake manifold. but right now u should run low 13's stall it maybe 12.9... arent to many cars stock that can beat a ls1.. unless ur rich and boy 35 and above grand cars lol ur gonna beat 85% of what u pull up against. just do some wot or get a new tune

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

This weekend I am going to get on it. It sits in my garage daily now as this is a toy. I think I am just cruising right now and I am not getting on it enough. like I said I have only gone about 3/4 throttle cruising at around 30 -40 and thought It would get up and go more, but maybe I need to be a little more rough on her. I hope this baby runs like everyone says!!!!!!!!
    quit being a pussy and get on it-hard , pull over on the side of the freeway come to a stop find an open spot and hit it, that or find an airport, your car wont brake man-i'm almost sure of it. p.s that car should be making a minimum of 325 rwhp (330's are common) with those bolt-ons considering it is an auto.
    Last edited by c5z28; 08-17-2008 at 09:36 PM.

White
    2002 WS6

Alright update finally took her out for a spin today and got on it a bit. OK it did pull harder than I though originally. I know some hate SLP exhaust but god damn was it loud at WOT. I think here is why I believe she seems slow to me. Even at 1/2 -3/4 throttle she barely clims above 2200- 2400 RPM. Could that be the 373 gears? I had to really get on it to get the RPM's up there. If we make big power above 3K that is why it seems sluggish to me, becuase like I said I have to bury this thing to pull it above 3K in the RPM range.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So how did it feel, the 3.73's will make your low end quicker than 3.42's or 2.73's.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

300rwhp with those mods isn't quite adding up. I have an 02 as well and I made 343wrhp with just headers, catback, lid, and cutout. I just got the car tuned and I am now around the 360rwhp mark. I would advise you to get the car tuned by someone different and see what numbers you get. I had 320rwhp with just a Borla Catback, just find a reputable tuner.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Alright update finally took her out for a spin today and got on it a bit. OK it did pull harder than I though originally. I know some hate SLP exhaust but god damn was it loud at WOT. I think here is why I believe she seems slow to me. Even at 1/2 -3/4 throttle she barely clims above 2200- 2400 RPM. Could that be the 373 gears? I had to really get on it to get the RPM's up there. If we make big power above 3K that is why it seems sluggish to me, becuase like I said I have to bury this thing to pull it above 3K in the RPM range.

It depends on where the car is tuned to shift. If you have your shift points changed it will stay in gear longer and the 373s will bring it to life faster.

The 373s will make your car run at a higher RPM, getting you into your power band faster.

White
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    It depends on where the car is tuned to shift. If you have your shift points changed it will stay in gear longer and the 373s will bring it to life faster.

The 373s will make your car run at a higher RPM, getting you into your power band faster.
    Thats what is weird It stays below 2K at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. I need to jump on it to get to 3K and above. Guess I am just going to have to get another tune on her. not sure what the other owner asked for or wanted in his tune. My only issue is do I do it now or wait till after winter as I am going to do a heads and cam swap this winter.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

each tune cost roughly 400 bucks, some people will lower the price if you keep going to them like 400 to 275 etc. Your choice I don't how fast it gets cold back there. I wouldn't want to wait then again why waste money before she's done?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Thats what is weird It stays below 2K at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. I need to jump on it to get to 3K and above. Guess I am just going to have to get another tune on her. not sure what the other owner asked for or wanted in his tune. My only issue is do I do it now or wait till after winter as I am going to do a heads and cam swap this winter.
    Go talk to frost aka Steve at Lsxtune.com he is a sponsor on here. I just got mine back from there and he did awsome work. The tune on my car really woke it up with some of the mods I have currently. Sounds to me like your shift points are off! With the 3.73s it should kick like a mule!
    Last edited by Justin93; 08-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.

White
    2002 WS6

Go talk to frost aka Steve at Lsxtune.com he is a sponsor on here. I just got mine back from there and he did awsome work. The tune on my car really woke it up with some of the mods I have currently. Sounds to me like your shift points are off! With the 3.73s it should kick like a mule!
    That mule kick definitely does not happen.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    tip: turn car on, turn TCS off EVERY TIME YOU DRIVE.

only turn it back on if you're in the rain.
    yeah, its almost an automatic reaction over time. If you see a mustang in your rear view, you'll find yourself mumbling to yourself and reaching for the TCS to make sure its' off.......lol.

"Come on Mother F**ker" is the usual phrase if I remember correctly.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

With the 373's, try going 50mph and just punch it to the floor. That should put you in a good torque and power band. The tranny should shift down to second gear and get moving in a hurry. If not then somethings screwy somewhere.

Thread Information