Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black
    2000 trans am

Just fixed mine. Numbers are right on. Works great. Thanks for the info guys.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

im gonna go ahead and get a new housing for my passenger side. the bulb has burnt out at least 4 times since i started this thread. the heat cracks in the housing has to be the main cause of this. any recommendation are where to get one? ive seen em on ebay for like 20 bucks but i dont have the quality is of those

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

actually the main cause is the plastic seal ring..its way to small and lets water in...our sponser..the one that fixes our windows has a fix for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    actually the main cause is the plastic seal ring..its way to small and lets water in...our sponser..the one that fixes our windows has a fix for that too.
    well i have a new socket that has a new seal on it but havent instead it on the passenger side yet . . but my housing has small stress fractures in it, which made me think this is where the moisture is coming from. i guess ill change the socket first and see if that new seal prevents this like you say

Black
    00 WS6

I don't drive my car in the rain, so I hope this fix works for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    really? and the bulbs were still blowin out easy? was there still noticeable moisture or rust/corrosion?

98' trans am

moisture is in the air..also if you look at the bottom of your t/a where the lights are housed..you can see how easy it is for water..driving over a puddle ect ..is to get in.

moisture is in the air..also if you look at the bottom of your t/a where the lights are housed..you can see how easy it is for water..driving over a puddle ect ..is to get in.
    thats true. . .but how much water is really gonna splash up into the louvers under our parking lights when your driving. its not goin to splash until you hit it with your wheels. . and from there its goin to splash mostly towards the rear
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 07-18-2008 at 12:20 PM.

98' trans am

that gigantic opening under the T/s...if you ever drive through rain or anything..stick your hand in there and feel the wire sheilds..they will be dripping wet.

that gigantic opening under the T/s...if you ever drive through rain or anything..stick your hand in there and feel the wire sheilds..they will be dripping wet.
    are you talkin about the "vent" under the parking lights shaped like the light its self. if so yes that definately lets in water when driving in the rain, but i think the main water that hurts our turn signals comes from the crack between the hood and headlight covers! it allows water to drip almost directly on the housing

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    are you talkin about the "vent" under the parking lights shaped like the light its self. if so yes that definately lets in water when driving in the rain, but i think the main water that hurts our turn signals comes from the crack between the hood and headlight covers! it allows water to drip almost directly on the housing
    hmm never thought about that location..that makes sense. I am getting ready to wire up a new driver side plug myself...first time wiring...shouldnt be hard huh? just strip 1 1/4 " of sheilding off and twist the two wires together..and then wrap the shit out of it...or do i soder or crimp that shit?

hmm never thought about that location..that makes sense. I am getting ready to wire up a new driver side plug myself...first time wiring...shouldnt be hard huh? just strip 1 1/4 " of sheilding off and twist the two wires together..and then wrap the shit out of it...or do i soder or crimp that shit?
    yeah theyre a breeze. . . id just twist the wires together and wrap in it good with electrical tape. . i mean hell you may have to change it again a few years down the road. i still haven't done my passenger side yet. . . im still thinkin about drillin a "moisture release hole" in the bottom of it.

98' trans am

yeah theyre a breeze. . . id just twist the wires together and wrap in it good with electrical tape. . i mean hell you may have to change it again a few years down the road. i still haven't done my passenger side yet. . . im still thinkin about drillin a "moisture release hole" in the bottom of it.
    good..i'll do it when i get home then. just replaced my window motor this weekend too..man some day my car will be 100% operational

good..i'll do it when i get home then. just replaced my window motor this weekend too..man some day my car will be 100% operational
    sometimes i think 100% is impossible!!!

Black
    00 WS6

really? and the bulbs were still blowin out easy? was there still noticeable moisture or rust/corrosion?
    The housing was bone dry...however, the prior owner drove the car in the rain. The socket was in pretty bad shape and it was probably caused from getting wet in the past.

Black
    00 WS6

You don't have to cut any wires if you don't want to. I took the old socket apart and removed the wires. I then took the new socket apart and put the old wires in it. It took about 45 minutes to do the first time. there is a good write up on how to do this at ls2.com.

98' trans am

You don't have to cut any wires if you don't want to. I took the old socket apart and removed the wires. I then took the new socket apart and put the old wires in it. It took about 45 minutes to do the first time. there is a good write up on how to do this at ls2.com.
    yup...i got it wired up for free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information