Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RED w/Black Body Kit
    1999 Z28 Camaro

Unhappy yea responsibility is key

i got my first Z28 at 17, was the first manual i had driven and picked it up in less than a week, only ever stalled it once, did some upgrades and had about 350hp. learned to be responsible with it quick. yea trying to make a turn in heavy rain with ultra high performance summer street tires is just a disaster waiting to happen. I hate driving these cars when it rains. Unfourtunatly i was forced to once in heavy rain cuz my winter driving truck was broken down. Was headed to have a one year anniversery date with my gf and was doin less then 45 on the freeway trying to stay safe, and headed to pick her up. Some stupid ricer was goin near 90 in the fast lane started hydroplaning and slid sidways into my car and pushed me off the freeway into a 20 ft ravine. damn scariest thing in the world to be dodging trees and cars as you have no control over your car due to lack of traction.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    neons = way too much money for the tackiness. they are as annoying as those kids who put on strobe lights on their cars to speed through traffic and have ppl pull over (had an encounter once, acted like i was gonna play chicken with him).
    Maybe he was an EMT or fireman on a call... I know my friend that is an EMT and needs to do that.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

no, done waaay too often. these fuckers speed around like theyre the damn cops...i know of people who did it to their cars too.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

This is my bottom line...

While some you/first time drivers may have the maturity of being a responsible driver of a 300+ hp car, the vast majority are not. Everyone but the most ignorant person will agree with this.

I don't care if some driver goes out and totals his/her $20,000+ sports car; wraps it around a tree, telephone pole, or flys off the road doing 120mph. What I do care is getting killed or having a loved one get killed by a driver who should have never been driving that car in the first place. We all can quote statistics until we're blue in the face, drivers 15-19 (not all) are the worst drivers on the road, until we star talking about drivers in their 70's and 80's. Personally, I'm all for parents having the option of monitoring their kids driving habits via GPS tracking (Discrete Wireless).

bight rallye red
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahunter View Post
    This is my bottom line...

While some you/first time drivers may have the maturity of being a responsible driver of a 300+ hp car, the vast majority are not. Everyone but the most ignorant person will agree with this.

I don't care if some driver goes out and totals his/her $20,000+ sports car; wraps it around a tree, telephone pole, or flys off the road doing 120mph. What I do care is getting killed or having a loved one get killed by a driver who should have never been driving that car in the first place. We all can quote statistics until we're blue in the face, drivers 15-19 (not all) are the worst drivers on the road, until we star talking about drivers in their 70's and 80's. Personally, I'm all for parents having the option of monitoring their kids driving habits via GPS tracking (Discrete Wireless).
    This is 100% true, i go to high school and Ive seen this firsthand. I wont say its the ricers, I wont say its the hot rodders, I wont even say its the rednecks with the muddy skyjacked trucks. Its the majority of the student body. For example, two kids in they're "fixed-up" eclipse decided that since it was an automatic that it would be fun to get out of the car and leave it in drive with the motor running. That was hilarious until I realized these people have our lives in thier hands. but it only gets worse, as a teenage driver with an LS1, people already have a certain hatred towards drivers like me because of the aformentioned idiots. I get cut-off, flicked off, and basically run off the road by people because they view ME as irresponsible I dont konw if its just around here, I dont know if its because the car makes me look rich, I dont know at all. So thier really is no way to make this situtation better for anyone until we start making ALL drivers take IQ tests. Even then, we still just need to watch out.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Congrats on the car man I had my first oe young too. Never had a wreck yet. I would make sure of a few things if you get a kit..

1. Make sure the tubes are not visible at all and are hidden well under the car but placed so you see the light well on the ground. The ones you see the tubes hanging down with look like shit.

2. I wouldnt get neon. Get the led tubes now. There alot brighter, last a helluva lot longer and are more durable less change of breakage. If you got four tubs I think it would look good .. the two short ones one in front and one in back and then the two long ones going down the sides
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

Under body neon lights on ANY fbody=GAY=Bad idea
    15-16 year old driver/owner of LS1=BAD/make sure you have life insurance.

+1

and dont forget SPEED BUMPS and POT HOLES!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Formula View Post
    Under body neon lights on ANY fbody=GAY=Bad idea
    15-16 year old driver/owner of LS1=BAD/make sure you have life insurance.

+1

and dont forget SPEED BUMPS and POT HOLES!!
    Had mine at 16 and didnt need life insurance, way to be ignorant.

silver
    2000 ws6 transam

i know if u use blue, you will get pulled over

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

I have no idea why you would want to do that. All youre telling folks is that youre in dire need of attention. I'm not calling it rice or dumb, etc.

Wasnt the intended use of neon for "dazzling" displays at indoor carshows?

red
    96 camaros Z28

ok first of all anybody who puts street glow on any fbody is just a moron. don't ruin the american muscle legacy with that nonsense. ricers need it for attention because they don't have any horsepower. Secondly i had a Z28 from the day i turned 16 until i was 18, now that im 19 i bought my second fbody a 99 SS m6. yes they can get you in trouble. kid from my school got paralyzed from the waist down street racing his SS. Have some will power and self control when you get revved on the street by a rustang or rice. do youself a favor and keep it at the track.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Unfortuantly, 285LT1, a large majority of people do not have access to a track. I know I didn't growing up and still have to drive nearly an hour to get the to nearest one. What then??? As you mentioned, they become paralyzed from the waist down!!!
    On another note, personalizing one's own vehicle does not make him/her a "moron". Most of the general public won't know how much hp your car makes but they will notice apperance mods like hoods, wings, and paint jobs/strip kits. Neons fit into the latter catagory. I have gotten 10X more comments/compliments on my WS6 hood, anniversy stripes, or undercar neon kit than the fact that my car is putting over 350hp to the pavement and runs mid 12's in the 1/4.
    Also, it is not only rice that has neons. So do motorcycles, jacked up 4x4's, Escalades, and hydralic hoopties.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 285LT1 View Post
    ok first of all anybody who puts street glow on any fbody is just a moron. don't ruin the american muscle legacy with that nonsense.
    and someone who talks and thinks like you do is a bigger moron. if you can't respect what some people do to their car, then don't expect and respect back for what you do to yours.

i may not like ultra double decker stadium seating wings and 22" wheels with rubber band tires, but i respect the person so long as they themselves are the morons. i don't trash someone just because they have something on their car i don't care for. might behoove you to rethink your way of perception.

i see two kinds of people. ricers and racers.
    ricers = those who do all the ultra tacky thinks to their car and THINK they have an untouchable race car.

racers = those who do the things to do have a fast car and have done some of the appearance things they want.

this is regardless of car make. i used to think like you. guess it's age.

with both of my cars with neons and running low 11s, what does that make me????????????
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Damn whats up with all the kids getting V8 power LoL. Im 24 and have bad credit so all I could get was a V6 oh well LoL. I dont see a problem with it though if you have a heavy foot you could be driving a old mini van 100 easily. Congragulations on the power (I wish I had it) Just be carefull and dont do anything to stupid. And I say if you like the neons then go with them and dont worry about what other people think its your car so make it how you want. Hell I have people that tell me not to do anything to my car because its a V6 and they say im wasting my money......the hell with them. And when I get my sc (and other mods) and can keep up with a stock z28 they will still say it was a waste because if it was a LS1 with all that money in it would be alot faster......so you have to always do what you like and forget other peoples opinions cause there like assholes everyone has 1.
    Last edited by Maro99; 08-17-2006 at 05:49 PM.

red
    2000 Firehawk

i have neons under my car and have never had a bad comment about them. I had them on my old Z-28 as well with no bad feelings. im 32 and been driving f-bodys since 94

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

03 Terminator

basically, is doesnt matter what everyone else thinks. it's your car and your money. you spend it how u want to spend it. but wouldnt u rather hurt grannys ears with LTs and an ORY than give her a seizure with your flashing lights?

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06 View Post
    but wouldnt u rather hurt grannys ears with LTs and an ORY than give her a seizure with your flashing lights?
    I can do both!!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Laytonium View Post
    Looks sweet.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I was into all the neon crap back when I was 15, I never actually put it on my car, and glad I dident. Im just not the pastel colored guy and its rice IMO. Its your car and if you like it go for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information