Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSD Optispark!

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by MISFIT View Post
    you gotta admit this entire thread was a lil retarded...perhaps your confused. because he did NOT get the first one in the world ever made.
    Could not agree more my friend got one for his 96T/A months
    ago...............

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Now wait a minute guys....Wulfe13 is right...I posted the link to the newer product he is talking about...we are all wrong...he isnt talking about the cap/rotor/wires....he is right...that is a brand new solution just released....it was scheduled for Feb and they missed that date....
    Here...I'll post it again.....
    http://www.msdignition.com/2006/06-4.htm

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Thanks Sarge...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

No thank you Wolfe13....good job...I didn't even know that was out. Thanks for posting up man.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Now wait a minute guys....Wulfe13 is right...I posted the link to the newer product he is talking about...we are all wrong...he isnt talking about the cap/rotor/wires....he is right...that is a brand new solution just released....it was scheduled for Feb and they missed that date....
    Here...I'll post it again.....
    http://www.msdignition.com/2006/06-4.htm
    I could of swore my buddy picked up a msd optispark distributor ealier this year, Is this a new higher performance version? Anyway I retract my earlier comments due to posted evidence.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    I could of swore my buddy picked up a msd optispark distributor ealier this year, Is this a new higher performance version? Anyway I retract my earlier comments due to posted evidence.
    YOu and me both...I thought he was tallking about the rotor/cap/wires thing Jegs and others have been selling for awhile....but my curiosity got peaked as Wolfe13 has been accurate in his other post so I was curious...MSD is a sponsor of mine so I called El Paso....and bigger than shit...these things havent even made it to the distributors as of yet....so these are fresh to the market...Wolfe13's bro must have gotten it shipped directly from MSD in El Paso to have one this early.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

In my haste to post, I wasn't even thinking about the cap and rotor prevoiusly available. Just thought you guys would appreciate a cool new part. My bad for not being more clear.

It was a pretty straight forward install. His water pump had been getting worse so he waited till the MSD opti came in before doing the pump. He has a little subaru for a daily driver while he was waiting so that wasn't a problem.

my apologies.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i was thinking about the other product that was out. sorry. but now that this one is out i got to get me one opti suck!!!

LS1 > LT1

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

LS1 > LT1

Hey, thanks for this ground breaking news
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

hey misfit i think they are both great engines, but if you want to line up lets go. i personally dont like aluminum blocks. lighter yes but not as reliable.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    hey misfit i think they are both great engines, but if you want to line up lets go. i personally dont like aluminum blocks. lighter yes but not as reliable.
    LT1=OLD, at end of it's useful lifespan, been in this same basic form since 1955. LS1=NEW, the natural progression of the GM smallblock, fixes all the "issues" of the old design.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i do like ls1. they are ok but other than the optispark which sucks what else did they fix? true question i dont know. oh and a little better intake. but when you buy your car to do an engine swap what would be the key pionts of getting ans ls1 over an lt1. plus like you said lt1= old= cheaper to mod

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

wow nice ss i almost traded my trans am for one before the engine swap but i didnt want to pay the diference in price. since my trans was paid off and i wanted mods so i kept it
    Click for full size

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    YOu and me both...I thought he was tallking about the rotor/cap/wires thing Jegs and others have been selling for awhile....but my curiosity got peaked as Wolfe13 has been accurate in his other post so I was curious...MSD is a sponsor of mine so I called El Paso....and bigger than shit...these things havent even made it to the distributors as of yet....so these are fresh to the market...Wolfe13's bro must have gotten it shipped directly from MSD in El Paso to have one this early.
    Cool thanks for clearing that up sarge, Wulfe 13 my apolgies

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LS1 > LT1

I've stayed off your ass until now. STFU kid. This isn't about LT1 vs. LS1...this string is about the new OptiSpark from MSD. Gawd Dayum punk ass trolls anyway. Add value or shut the fuck up.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

i do like ls1. they are ok but other than the optispark which sucks what else did they fix? true question i dont know. oh and a little better intake. but when you buy your car to do an engine swap what would be the key pionts of getting ans ls1 over an lt1. plus like you said lt1= old= cheaper to mod
    I dont want to get off topic here (excuse me Wulfe), but let me start at the bottom; six bolt/cross bolt main caps, fully skirted block (not just to the centerline of the crank, single plane oil pan gasket, gerator oil pump design, symmetrical head port design, greater valve stem/cylinder angle, NO DISTRIBUTOR, new firing order. Should I go on ?

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

thats fine. they did fix some problems. i think they changed the water pump too. im not "hating" on ls1 but will defend myself when someone tells me my motor sux. oh well i guess i deserve it every now and then because i am at a ls1 page. i guess its better than being a ford guy right. lol jk. both are great motors in awesome cars!!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

thats fine. they did fix some problems. i think they changed the water pump too. im not "hating" on ls1 but will defend myself when someone tells me my motor sux. oh well i guess i deserve it every now and then because i am at a ls1 page. i guess its better than being a ford guy right. lol jk. both are great motors in awesome cars!!
    Hey Dude, dont get me wrong, I'm not tellin you your motor sucks, I've had numerous small blocks thru the years and good ones too, but when the LS1 debuted it was the answer to my prayers; more power, less weight, 25mpg, emission compliant. It does it all, the only things they didn't do were hemi head design, or OHC. I remember back in 87, I bought a new TA and loved it, my only gripe was the so-so motor. I no longer have that gripe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information