Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

i dont think any Marines think they are going to die for their country I know I didn't. I dont think I ever heard that phrase in Boot Camp. You are taught carry out the mission. You are taught the 4 life saving steps. Mostly you are taught no matter how bad off you are you cant let you buddies down ,, or your Corps down . That is what makes Marines do what they do. I have often talk to guys in the Army or Navy , and you dont get that from them. In a way all Marines are equal because of Basics. It is amazing how easy it is for any Marine to go up and talk to another Marine , regardless of age or rank.
    Like Gunny in full metal jacket said " We do not die for our country , we give the enemy the opportunity to die for his. I think that is the mindset of a Marine.

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Rest In Peace Brothers, and Welcome Home.

Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Semper Fi....
    2002 Z28 M6, Black Too many mods to list...check homepage for list....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    Wow...

If you don't like the war...

Hate the war, not the soldiers
    Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    thats right

stupid hippie mother fers
    Who the hell are you guys talking to???

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan
    Rest In Peace Brothers, and Welcome Home.

The Black 2001 SS #5697
    T-tops, 6-spd/B&M ripper, ARH LT's/GMMG/CME, Volant, Koni DA's & GC coilovers, Strano frt & rear sways, G2(SFC's w/v-braces, STB, adj PHR), Wilwood 6-piston red calipers frnt brakes w/13" 2-pc rotors, RKSport(clear front & rear corners, c-f grill), chrome Z06 wheels

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I don't think you understand what Im saying. Im saying that protesting against the war affects our effectivness and well being. Its all about moral. If you have ever been to a foreward location (I have not but have talked to thouse who have) you know how moral can affect how you do your job. You are less likely to do your best if you don't belive you are in the right for doing what you are doing. This puts you and your fellow soldiers at risk. Hessitate when its time to shoot and you could kill yourself and your buddies around you.

I agree that Bush really muffed up by pushing this WMD thing onto the public thinking they were stupid enough to realize what was going on. Initially we all bought into it based on the information we were given. At least alot of us did. I had my doubts from the getgo. Does this make the war wrong? The wording and reasoning yes. But overall our intentions are good and we are in the right for being there. Alot of people argue about how there are other countries doing the same thing and commiting crimes against human rights in their own countries. We had to deal with the threat we thought was most urgent at the time and one that we could not solve thru political means. Im thinking they are hopeing we can turn the tide in the middle east to lessen the threat of future confrontation. We deal with a small problem now or a much bigger problem down the road if we do nothing.

Whoever controls the oil, has the ability and leverage to do alot of things.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I hear what you are say Capster78. But remember , this is comeing from a switboard/radio op.The way Marines get information in the field is very well looked over. You know the old need to know basis
    Second they are way ahead on the information loop. I remember being involed is things , and when we read about it in the newspapers or saw it on TV they had it all wrong..

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    If the Army and the Navy ever look on heavens scenes
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    The United States Marines
    Marine Corps Hymn last verse

By what do you mean,
    we are always on the scene
    Do you see what i mean,
    isnt it seen by the marines.
    HOOOAAAH!
    I pray for the fallen. This is what i left for Donnie

To anyone who wants to know and get the true effect of our loss. Here it is. As a former Funeral Detail NCOIC. It starts with roll call of the Unit. When the soldier's MARINE'S NAME IS CALLED THE RESPONSE IS
    HERE FIRST SERGEANT
    FOR THE FALLEN SSG DONNIE LEVENS. HIS NAME IS CALLED OUT THREE TIMES. ONCE THERE IS NO RESPONSE TAPS PLAYS WITH A 21 GUN SALUTE.
    SAY HIS NAME THREE TIMES AND HIT THE LINK AND MULTIPLY THAT BY INFINITY AND THIS IS WHAT FAMILY AND LOVED ONES FEEL.
    AS A ARMY SERGEANT FIRST CLASS ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS

SEMPER FI
    DO OR DIE
    NCO'S LEAD THE WAY

SSG DONNIE LEVENS
    SSG DONNIE LEVENS
    SSG DONNIE LEVENS

http://media.putfile.com/taps21
    Last edited by 1badchicken; 04-05-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Those pictures are really hard for me to look at.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    I don't think you understand what Im saying. Im saying that protesting against the war affects our effectivness and well being. Its all about moral. If you have ever been to a foreward location (I have not but have talked to thouse who have) you know how moral can affect how you do your job. You are less likely to do your best if you don't belive you are in the right for doing what you are doing. This puts you and your fellow soldiers at risk. Hessitate when its time to shoot and you could kill yourself and your buddies around you.
    Listen airman, if my ass is on the slab i want to know that people back home are questioning the who/what/when/where/why of my ass being on the slab. You don't just blindly follow.

If you were president and people were grilling you non-stop over this war and others you would do everything in your power to do things right, timely, and in order because you know the american people will eat you alive if you fuck up. You don't just give someone a free pass and let them do what they want, the american people must look over the shoulder of the president and hold him accountable for the saftey of the troops in harms way.

A very good example is that troop that said "WTF?" to rumsfeld about the armor plates for the GOV's. The american people heard that and went ape shit and if you don't believe things got into high gear because of that you are fooling yourself.

The president works for the american people and the american people want to make sure things are going right.

Many people disagree with me but I don't believe that you must support the war in order to support our troops.

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

Guys, You got it all twisted chill and take a drink from your canteens. First he is right in once instance. Every soldiers wants to be noticed for putting everything on the line, and not to fight for the cause and other Americans not appreciate it. That battle will always be fought. So jr your right on that note. But always remember that you are doing right.

Now as for you caveman, that isn't the point at all. Checks in balances need to be in place so I say you are right for that. But the soldier brought that to light. Congress lobbied for it, senators congressman, and Commanders. The american people protesting against the war didn't. So you both have valid points but neither of you are communicating. Now go back to work, before I demote both of you. And yes i've been there. BIAP Baghdad Interanational airport 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    Listen airman, if my ass is on the slab i want to know that people back home are questioning the who/what/when/where/why of my ass being on the slab. You don't just blindly follow.

If you were president and people were grilling you non-stop over this war and others you would do everything in your power to do things right, timely, and in order because you know the american people will eat you alive if you fuck up. You don't just give someone a free pass and let them do what they want, the american people must look over the shoulder of the president and hold him accountable for the saftey of the troops in harms way.

A very good example is that troop that said "WTF?" to rumsfeld about the armor plates for the GOV's. The american people heard that and went ape shit and if you don't believe things got into high gear because of that you are fooling yourself.

The president works for the american people and the american people want to make sure things are going right.

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    Many people disagree with me but I don't believe that you must support the war in order to support our troops.

Vaild point, But how do you seperate them. As long as you are there for the troops that is all we care about..

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by 1badchicken
    Now as for you caveman, that isn't the point at all. Checks in balances need to be in place so I say you are right for that. But the soldier brought that to light. Congress lobbied for it, senators congressman, and Commanders. The american people protesting against the war didn't. So you both have valid points but neither of you are communicating. Now go back to work, before I demote both of you. And yes i've been there. BIAP Baghdad Interanational airport 2003.
    That soldier brought it up, but anyone that hated bush for whatever reason grabbed ahold of that and started screaming it just to make bush look bad, which of course gave bush motivation to get things done.

This would be a very different war if people weren't out there protesting it. They know they have to handle it with kid gloves, that's all i'm saying.

The people in congress know that many of those people that are against the war are voters and in turn they question. If people were not protesting congress would not be carefully looking over everything because they would think that since the american people are all for it we better move to another issue and not pay much attention to this and let the prez do his thing.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

WOW Sarge. I was listening to taps and thought about that second pic and WOW I was just covered in chill bumps..

And true about suppoerting your fellow Marines overseas. I remember when I was just in Oki. I would get a letter from my girlfriend at the time , from home. You reead those things so many times. And it means so much to you that people care...Woww chills again...

Quote Originally Posted by 1badchicken
    Vaild point, But how do you seperate them. As long as you are there for the troops that is all we care about..
    I'll send care packages, letter, e-mails, and photos to our boys but when I cast my vote at the polls, it will be for someone who holds similar political views as my own.

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    WOW Sarge. I was listening to taps and thought about that second pic and WOW I was just covered in chill bumps..

And true about suppoerting your fellow Marines overseas. I remember when I was just in Oki. I would get a letter from my girlfriend at the time , from home. You reead those things so many times. And it means so much to you that people care...Woww chills again...

Even to this day I have the letter my wife wrote me with my KIA card and 1AD standards and my ROE. Rules of engagment card. I read that so many times it has wholes in it. Regardless i still have the Kevlar and took it to my mom. she now displays it at her house.

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

I'll send care packages, letter, e-mails, and photos to our boys but when I cast my vote at the polls, it will be for someone who holds similar political views as my own.

ah good girl, i mean woman. works on cars, her own house, sends pics to soldiers, to bad i'm happily married for nine years with my third my third baby Riley on the way . I would have swooped you up.

That is only if you were single. God wouldn't be to pleased with me.

I'm married to Ricky Recon.

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

I'm married to Ricky Recon.

Congrats, you sound happy just like me.
    Lucky fellow. my wife is the bomb but i just can't get her excited to understand the car thing, but i'll take the lesser of two evils.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information