Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HAHA Viper

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wow very nice...thats the fastest time ive seen with a mph that low..nice driving!!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Thanks.. but unfortunately I have to give most/all the credit to the car.. as I'm cheating... its an auto...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol do you have a stall?

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Mods are LG lid, ported TB, FRA mod, Pacesetter Longtube Headers, TSP True Dual exhaust, 3.73 gears, BMR SFCs, and a tune from RPM in Garner, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Mods are LG lid, ported TB, FRA mod, Pacesetter Longtube Headers, TSP True Dual exhaust, 3.73 gears, BMR SFCs, and a tune from RPM in Garner, NC.
    Any pics/sound clips of the duals? Are the pipes run out the back or dumped? I'm thinking about getting a used set this weekend with the dynomaxx bullets.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I wasn't able to get on it like i wanted to, as several of my neighbors were outside glaring at me as it was... They are dumped just before the axle.. but I think I might try to get someone to custom pipe them to the rear...

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Heh theres a douche around here that has a 04 ish Viper who tried to tell me that with my current mods I had no chance. He won't put money up but as soon as I get my car back from the Dyno shop you can bet I'll be looking for him.

pewter

what r your current mods? and 04 viper is somthing to contend with ....32-3300 lbs....500 horse...500 ft lbs...hope your packing some heat..id have to spray my beast to take one down ....even once i have long tubes ill only be around 500 flywheel horse with a few hundred more lbs than the viper hed prolly take me by a nose from a roll ...goodluck!!!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ttadriver View Post
    The 600 hp Viper should be able to out perform the 505 zo6 in a straight line. Now the 650 hp SC vette is another story, but of course that vehicle will be north of 100K.
    i dont know...the viper has a weight issue it needs to fix. because 06 z06 vs. 06 viper was, as im sure you know, a slaughter house.

supercharged vette? please have a kenne bell, please have a kenne bell, please....

pewter

for anyone that dosnt know u can send your c6z06 to lingenfelter for a sick cam and long tubes for 5500 bucks and then she puts down 616hp.........70k plus 5500....75500.....how much is an 08 viper goin to cost? 90k? ....fuck the viper

Pewter
    2000 z28

^^^exactly how i feel. there ok to look at but you can do much more damage with a vette. hell id take a cobra over a viper and throw the kb on there.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    isn't there no such thing as an 07 viper? didn't it go for a looonngg 06 run and then straight into an 08. shit i'm probably all wrong
    there is no 07' viper. 07 was used to work on the new viper.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i love the viper...and i think comparing the vette and viper are like comparing apples and oranges..both are completely different tastes...but taste good. the viper is just a pure raw muscle car...period..just like the old school days..shove the biggest n/a engine possible into a car. no power steering , power windows, tcs ect...no automatic...thats how the viper started out...and even now..no s/c...and very little creature comforts. i want that car badly. now a vette..even from the get-go was designed more for top technology ..and creature comforts...and now the new vette has all the creature comforts in the word and more of a supercar..then a straight muscle car.

pewter

and the vette is cheaper..has ALLL those comforts AND some..and is fuckin LIGHTER than the viper...hows that viper doin? ..yeah they look pretty and they dont make many which def turns heads including mine..but the vette is a far better car in every other aspect to me....turning heads is the only thing the viper has on it

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i love the viper...and i think comparing the vette and viper are like comparing apples and oranges..both are completely different tastes...but taste good. the viper is just a pure raw muscle car...period..just like the old school days..shove the biggest n/a engine possible into a car. no power steering , power windows, tcs ect...no automatic...thats how the viper started out...and even now..no s/c...and very little creature comforts. i want that car badly. now a vette..even from the get-go was designed more for top technology ..and creature comforts...and now the new vette has all the creature comforts in the word and more of a supercar..then a straight muscle car.
    still though, a pushrod 7 liter in this day and age is pure muscle to me in the sea of ohc v8s and the viper engine is pretty high tech with the individual plenums for each bank and the pretty trick intake. nice car, good stance, but id rather have a vette.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    and the vette is cheaper..has ALLL those comforts AND some..and is fuckin LIGHTER than the viper...hows that viper doin? ..yeah they look pretty and they dont make many which def turns heads including mine..but the vette is a far better car in every other aspect to me....turning heads is the only thing the viper has on it
    ...and torque because a v10 has plenty of it. its the weight that kills it im afraid.

but i agree for sure.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    what r your current mods? and 04 viper is somthing to contend with ....32-3300 lbs....500 horse...500 ft lbs...hope your packing some heat..id have to spray my beast to take one down ....even once i have long tubes ill only be around 500 flywheel horse with a few hundred more lbs than the viper hed prolly take me by a nose from a roll ...goodluck!!!
    LS6 intake, Pacesetters, ported MAF, MS3 Cam with supporting mods, TD's, all free mods, all rear suspension, SFC's, 3600 stall, moser 9 with 4.11's, tune (soon as it gets out of the shop they have it right now tuning it ) and a lil 150 shot. Plus my car is right around 3375 lbs so I'm pretty sure I will get him especially with the DR's on.

pewter

lol very nice....yeah that 150 shot would definitly put him in his place

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    still though, a pushrod 7 liter in this day and age is pure muscle to me in the sea of ohc v8s and the viper engine is pretty high tech with the individual plenums for each bank and the pretty trick intake. nice car, good stance, but id rather have a vette.
    Yes the viper is heavier than the zo6, approx 200-300 lbs, but still doing the hp/weight calculations, the heavier 600 hp viper should still come out on top. Of course this is on paper, now the real world is another story. Hopefully the viper engineers are underrating the 08 viper. Also those tending to bash the viper should take into account that most auto enthusiasts agree that the current "horsepower war" that we all are witnessing would not be present without dodge's decision to produce the viper in the 90s. I am finally relieved that GM is taking the vette to supercar levels and I hope dodge responds in the same way. Competition will only make the choices for the consumer more vast, and ultimately we all are the winners.

Lastly, having owned a C5 6 years ago, there is some value for exclusivity. If we all only drove the best bang for the buck, we would all be in built/forced inducted 4th gen fbodies. Most of us here can tell a new zo6 from a standard c6, but for the masses, 98% of them think they are all the same. Oh and don't forget the c6 owner with newly bought zo6 badges. For some of us, the more exclusive car is a way of separating ones self from the everyday cars, even if it means that the car you chose is slightly less performing
    2004 MB E500
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1993 Mustang Cobra teal
    1989 20th Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

pewter

your on a gm site..thats where most of our hearts are at ..viper is a hell of a car and dam sweet looking......personaly id rather have a c6z06 for the money...both cars being equal in price it would be a harder choice for sure...would have to take both for a ride..ive never liked the interior of the viper as much either though..especially that big rowing stick shift that looks a ft long

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information