Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    A NB guy that sounds like a plan I didn't think of I have a Flowmaster cat back already and headers would be a nice add on plus nos and sub frame yeah that could work !!!!I have to call my local shop and see what they think and maybe they ahve an idea but all they talk about is supercharger I don't have 7 grand right of to spend but If I did I would

A 50 to 100 shot of nitrous is not a bad idea. The thing I like about doing just headers and a converter the power is always there. With nitrous you have to refill the bottle and keep refilling. With both setups you would want Nitto's or ET Streets for a good run. You can get the time you are looking for without a cam.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    Supercharger is a big money job for them, lots of shop time. From what I am told NO2 is a relatively quick install that you could do a lot of yourself and then some tuning (which your shop probably doesn't offer) So really, they probably wouldn't point it out, because there is next to no $$ in it for them.

The question is...where to find N02 around here and how much will it cost. But you could probably just ask around and find someone who knows.
    I know a few guys that know about NOS the guy's on Salsbury RD or really good and the boys in Cap Pele JD racing are great as well but like you say they prefer turbo's and superchargers but I can't swing it I'm thinking maybe gears 3:73 a Yank 3200 stall converter and a few tranny parts as mentionned below Hey I still have my 99 TA black leather for sale 179565km looks like new I bought a 2000 with 5950km and I think my old one looks better lol If you know anyone looking for a good deal I would lower it if I could sell it now if not I'll sell in the srping Cheers

What are you driving????

Black

Great

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    A 50 to 100 shot of nitrous is not a bad idea. The thing I like about doing just headers and a converter the power is always there. With nitrous you have to refill the bottle and keep refilling. With both setups you would want Nitto's or ET Streets for a good run. You can get the time you are looking for without a cam.
    Would you change gears to 3:73"s???

Black

Love your ride

I love that ride artic white was my #1 choicxe black second well I think a tie but white is easier to clean lol

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Would you change gears to 3:73"s???
    If you were going to see a lot of track time yes. But I think you are looking for DD fun. IMO headers and a converter will give you that fun with 2.73's.

Black

You got me figured out :-)

If you were going to see a lot of track time yes. But I think you are looking for DD fun. IMO headers and a converter will give you that fun with 2.73's.
    Thanks again for your great recommendation and I think I will do exactly that and maybe the NOS for track days and I might do 10 to 15 runs a summer I'm not a track king was going to say queen I guess that is the proper saying but it didn't feel right :-) You really made me make a descision and I appreciate that very much! That and the WS9 hood will be my dream car since I was a kid with smokey and the bandit lol Now I have 2 birds in the garage and I need to sell one to pay for the upgrades but there's always the line of credit till I sell !!!

Cheers

Oh and the Flowmaster exhaust that's on my old one would work with the headers right Cat back sounds great Loud but nice

White
    1998 Trans Am

Circle d makes a nice 3200 street stall for $400, they also make more expensive ones that are better track ones as well. LS6 intake and a ported tb us a easy install and usually $300 to $350 for a nice used setup. Lt headers and a ORY with a good catback will give you.some nice gains with the other parts like the intake. Then get a tune from a local shop or frost to get the most of of the mods.
    Then you can get a cam if you want more power. I was happy with just the volt ons and tune for a while.
    3.73's with a good tune really wake the automatic up.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Ryan at UMI performance and Mark at KYSpeed.

Keep in mind you want to build a structurally sound vehicle while building a fast vehicle.
    Thanks a lot will call them Monday

Thread Information