Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    heres a list thats a little more current even has the camaro on it already

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordsch...test_lap_times

i think its funny the 260hp colbalt it only 2 sec. behind its 400hp big brother, ok really that makes me kind of sad as an f-body fan
    Yeah I saw that too... really makes me not care about the new camaro any. And makes me kind of impressed about the cobalt, actually

Black
    02 Z28

You're forgetting the cobalt is FWD, not really a muscle car, just something to appease the kids.
    Anyway, we all know tuner cars blow factory shit outta the water, so the fact that all these cars are pulling these times doesn't really make a s**t of differance to me. Give cars like Camaros, Cobalts, Stis, Skylines etc. to race teams and see where factors like drivetrain, center of gravity, weight ratio and all that other crap become issues.
    And the ZR-1, 2nd to some strange bazillion $ car I've never heard of? -Thats amazing. Big ups to the Skyline too, getting around a track with AWD just as well as some of the street-legal race cars? That is quite a feat.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody4ever View Post
    You're forgetting the cobalt is FWD, not really a muscle car, just something to appease the kids.
    Anyway, we all know tuner cars blow factory shit outta the water, so the fact that all these cars are pulling these times doesn't really make a s**t of differance to me. Give cars like Camaros, Cobalts, Stis, Skylines etc. to race teams and see where factors like drivetrain, center of gravity, weight ratio and all that other crap become issues.
    And the ZR-1, 2nd to some strange bazillion $ car I've never heard of? -Thats amazing. Big ups to the Skyline too, getting around a track with AWD just as well as some of the street-legal race cars? That is quite a feat.
    the radical sr8 the zr1 is 2nd to is pretty much a kit car thats under $100k i believe, but its pretty much a race car and is no where near the street car the zr1 is

Black
    02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    the radical sr8 the zr1 is 2nd to is pretty much a kit car thats under $100k i believe, but its pretty much a race car and is no where near the street car the zr1 is
    Don't know why, but I just looked it up on the net. That thing is gay! Looks like something I would drive at my local go-kart track. It has no place on the road.
    I've always said I could build a go kart to do 150+ (hell I know 11 yr old kids who do 110 in go kart circuits).
    Fuck that shit, ZR-1 is king.
    (sorry to drop that F bomb, but sometimes its warranted.)

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Don't know why, but I just looked it up on the net. That thing is gay! Looks like something I would drive at my local go-kart track. It has no place on the road.
    I've always said I could build a go kart to do 150+ (hell I know 11 yr old kids who do 110 in go kart circuits).
    Fuck that shit, ZR-1 is king.
    (sorry to drop that F bomb, but sometimes its warranted.)
    yeah its pretty much an overgrown go-kart, but its a pretty neat little car for what it is, a track toy. its got a v8 made out of to hayabusa bike motors

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28 View Post
    Here is a vid of the new ZR1 on the track.

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/07/vette-slays-god.html
    that video gave me chills, that son of a bitch can drive.

And from what ive always thought, the vette was more of a drag car than a street car. proved me wrong

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

not too impressive with the cobalt 2 seconds behind, makes me kind of upset. whats impressive is the ZR1 right there at the top!

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Anyone know what the 2002 SS does?

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    A minute flat....
    that answer is awesome! if chuck norris is driving

Silver
    98 Z28

Looks like they removed the Camaro from the times list...

That doesn't help the Camaro any, haha... Like, yeah. The cobalt isn't meant to be awesome... the Camaro is designed to be awesome, but only comes in slightly faster than the Cobalt.

Seriously.. that's some messed up logic. Imagine what they could do with the Cobalt if they actually you know... /tried/

Black
    02 Z28 M6

One day I'll own one.
    Last edited by ezwip; 07-29-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
    That doesn't help the Camaro any, haha... Like, yeah. The cobalt isn't meant to be awesome... the Camaro is designed to be awesome, but only comes in slightly faster than the Cobalt.

Seriously.. that's some messed up logic. Imagine what they could do with the Cobalt if they actually you know... /tried/
    really they did try with the ss turbo, everything that has been changed on it from the old supercharged ss was to make it faster not only in a strait line but also around a track, the gm guys that built it even said they were only worried about making it faster and not so much with anything like looks or the interior, hopefully they will make some improvements to the camaro for the 2nd year of production that will improve on some things and make it more than 2 sec faster than a cobalt

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

If you look up the cars higher than the ZR1 on the list, (7:26) i dont think any of them are street legal, hell yeah.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Times at that track mean NOTHING to me. Nothing about that track is like the street.
    Fun to watch, but that is it.

And I don't see that new SS being 4.6 seconds to 60MPH.

Silver
    98 Z28

Mr. Luos,

I completely agree with you...Since the new camaro is a CTS and since it has IRS and weighs too much and has worse aerodynamics than a 4th gen I personally think itll do 0-60 near 5.2 seconds even with 422 hp which is overrated to begin with. Most of the members on camaro5 are newbs to camaros anyway. It seems like 4th gens are being put to shame. Oh yea 23 mpg highway, lol.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Times at that track mean NOTHING to me. Nothing about that track is like the street.
    Fun to watch, but that is it.

And I don't see that new SS being 4.6 seconds to 60MPH.
    i beg to differ in one point: that track combines every combination of curves, buckles, uphill-downhill passages, high compression and jumps plus a long high speed straight and high speed curves. anything but dirt or cobblestone pavement. i've experienced that myself on several laps.
    the reason why international manufacturers test their cars on the ring is that a car that performs well on there will handle well on any road.

that said, it doesn't tell anything about a cars acceleration and dragstrip capabilities. and those lap times are the combined results of handling, power to weight ratios etc. plus the individual skills of the drivers.

i don't think the nürburgring is the right place to judge muscle cars. those concepts are just not compatible.

Silver
    98 Z28

the Nurburgring is the ultimate test of a cars overall performance, I agree with Hamburger. Muscle cars are made for the straights and highway battles.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by furyev View Post
    the Nurburgring is the ultimate test of a cars overall performance, I agree with Hamburger. Muscle cars are made for the straights and highway battles.
    AUTOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNN

as you can tell, i don't really have anything to to right now...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i beg to differ in one point: that track combines every combination of curves, buckles, uphill-downhill passages, high compression and jumps plus a long high speed straight and high speed curves. anything but dirt or cobblestone pavement. i've experienced that myself on several laps.
    the reason why international manufacturers test their cars on the ring is that a car that performs well on there will handle well on any road.

that said, it doesn't tell anything about a cars acceleration and dragstrip capabilities. and those lap times are the combined results of handling, power to weight ratios etc. plus the individual skills of the drivers.

i don't think the nürburgring is the right place to judge muscle cars. those concepts are just not compatible.
    To each their own.
    The times a car clicks off on that track will not sell me on a particular car.

I fully understand your point, it is a test track. But not real world conditions that the car would see daily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information