Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I would just wait till the Challenger comes out .....suposed to be out in a few months ....

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    What type of company do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    My dad started a company which specialized is top of the line packaging for promotion purpose. My dad talks to the executive for companies like Jim Beam, Hennessy,MTV,Sony,Bayer,J-Lo,etc. and my job is to create the prototypes which the executives look at to see if they them it or dont like them. So on top of my hourly pay and overtime pay, I get paid commission for landing big sales. I never thought I'd have such a job at 19 and without college, but I also realize that I wouldn't be there without my parents either.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Have you ever drove a Viper?? You might love it might hate it .....IMO
    Nope. I looked at the 94 rt/10 but never got the opportunity to take it for a spin because of my age and no parents there. Probably thought I wanted to just take it for a joy ride.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    dude dont get older than a 2000 viper...

i think they added abs in 00 and the verts withought real windows suck... and a vert looks like ass witht ht top on.. gts all the way...

-me

EDIT:

ok dont get that gen dude... i was looking like a week ago at them and gts's are like $50k (00-02) and you can get a new gen vert for like $55k with under 20k on the clock... oh you might wait a bit though with the newer motor comming out in them some ppl will be looking to get rid of the 505 hp 03-06 vipers...

-me
    I totally agree, GTS is the ONLY way for the older generation. The 00-02 are rediculously priced IMO. I never even thought of looking at the 03/04 Vipers and it is funny because they are the same price and have one much cheaper than the older GTS model. That makes no sense....Less Balls and older for more money? But I don't think that the new Vipers look quite as exotic as the older GTS...I guess the SRT-10 is the only way to go is you go the viper way though.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Nope. I looked at the 94 rt/10 but never got the opportunity to take it for a spin because of my age and no parents there. Probably thought I wanted to just take it for a joy ride.
    Dealers don't let new vipers/z06 vettes be taken for a ride... my friend was looking to buy a viper in 01 and one dealer ship would not even let him sit in the car... he had cash to pay for it... he left taht dealer ship and went to another... agian they wouldn't let him take it for a spin... but pretty much anything else they said he could do so he bought that one...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

thats kinda weird ... I mean when I was looking at a GTO the sales people were like ' dont you want to drive it heres the keys take it for a spin'.. I have never tried to buy a Vette or a Viper ...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

thats kinda weird ... I mean when I was looking at a GTO the sales people were like ' dont you want to drive it heres the keys take it for a spin'.. I have never tried to buy a Vette or a Viper ...
    there is a 02 ACS up the street from me and they won't let me drive it... i looked at the guy and my father is friends with him... i said *lieing through my teeth* "look if oyu let me take it for a spin and see if it is mechanically sound i'll buy it... today..." he said "this is why we have mechanics here... to make sure that cars are more than perfect..." i just said "if you change your mind you know where i work..." the bastard won't even drive it himself with me as a passenger...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    there is a 02 ACS up the street from me and they won't let me drive it... i looked at the guy and my father is friends with him... i said *lieing through my teeth* "look if oyu let me take it for a spin and see if it is mechanically sound i'll buy it... today..." he said "this is why we have mechanics here... to make sure that cars are more than perfect..." i just said "if you change your mind you know where i work..." the bastard won't even drive it himself with me as a passenger...
    I hate places like that ... I would never , ever buy a used Vette without a very good shake-down drive ...Let some old 55 year old get screwed .....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I hate places like that ... I would never , ever buy a used Vette without a very good shake-down drive ...Let some old 55 year old get screwed .....
    iut's a viper not a vette...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

same goes for them too...lol...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

same goes for them too...lol...
    i know some olaces let you test drive used... but you gota sign your life away... the only one i ever drove was a POS... i start off down the street and the damn thing gets stuck in 2nd gear... "yeah... we will fix taht for you for free if you still want the car..." i couldn't afford it anyway back then...

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Get a 6 speed 3LT C6.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    i know some olaces let you test drive used... but you gota sign your life away... the only one i ever drove was a POS... i start off down the street and the damn thing gets stuck in 2nd gear... "yeah... we will fix taht for you for free if you still want the car..." i couldn't afford it anyway back then...
    One time I looked at a 98 Formy WS6... Wekk the battery was dead , had to jump it off ...then the thing wouldnt come out of PARK .. So I turned it off ... The salesman said " why did you turn it off, I can get a mech. out and fix that ....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

One time I looked at a 98 Formy WS6... Wekk the battery was dead , had to jump it off ...then the thing wouldnt come out of PARK .. So I turned it off ... The salesman said " why did you turn it off, I can get a mech. out and fix that ....
    exactly... "i can see already what i'm getting in to and i'm not going to pay $58,000 for a used car that is already broken..."

Black
    2007 Corvette

Buy a C6, it's alot of fun to drive and price for performance can't be beat.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i still say look for a new gen viper... yeah youll end up with a vert for the price, but really come one 505 hp with a drop top AND and newer car... or hard top with no abs and 400-450 hp (i think some of the later ones hit 450)...

trust me when i glanced i was looking for a new sytel hard top (they are still sitting in the $80k's form what i can find), but you could pic up a used vert for about the same as a new c6... and its a fucking viper...

-me

There's a guy that works at the Food Lion down the street from my house that drives an SOM Viper. I don't know why but it always cracks me up when I see him stocking the shelves.

Any way... I'd take the C6 because I prefer the body style.

Black
    2007 Corvette

I'm not trying to compare my car to a Viper, but Z-51 Vettes have run 12.2 in the 1/4, tops out close to 190, and pulls almost 1G in a corner. I got that for $44 thousand out the door with 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, I don't think that can be beat.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

It would have to be a Z-51. I thought that the new vette would be good competition for the GTS...I think the Vette weighs like 200 lb less. Was that $44,000 before taxes?

Black
    2007 Corvette

My car is a Z-51, I think they are slightly faster in the 1/4 (.1-.2) that is $44 after taxes, can't beat the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information