Black
    1999 Trans am

Its where the BORG live...........I'm start building my Aluminum Helmet now

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthawk LS1 View Post
    Its where the BORG live...........I'm start building my Aluminum Helmet now
    tinfoil...not aluminum...
    Last edited by 1MileCrash; 05-06-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Black
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    tinfoil...not aluminum...
    Well i'm already screwed.....

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    correct the other thing is it's 20.5 million light years away... so what ever we see of that planet happened 20.5 million years ago from teh time we see it... now... let us dump millions in to research of this planet to find that the sun burnt up all of it's hydrogen and started to burn helium, expanded and has consumed the planet...
    i thought the artiucle said it was 20.5 light years away, not 20.5 million... very interesting nevertheless

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeha its 20.5 , not 20.5 million...a LOT closer haha...jsut a stones throw away

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

correct the other thing is it's 20.5 million light years away... so what ever we see of that planet happened 20.5 million years ago from teh time we see it... now... let us dump millions in to research of this planet to find that the sun burnt up all of it's hydrogen and started to burn helium, expanded and has consumed the planet...
    Sweet...the article says it's 20.5 light years away though..which is a lot closer then 20.5 million But it's still 120,246,768,000,000 miles from earth...even if we could travel the speed of light it would take 20.5 years to get there.

EDIT: Nevermind...someone else said it already. Hmmm...if we went the speed of sound all the way there it would take 11,181 years. Whats the fastest people have gone so far?

They are already here living amongst us.

yeah i was about to say if it was 20 million light years away no one would even be talking about this planet.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

yeah... once the earth stops it's rotation and the core solidifies we lose our magnetic poles... no more electricity... no more technology then...
    Heres a question that might have an obvious answer. If the earth lost its rotation would we also lose day and night and what not or would the 24 hour time span be greatly effected? what about gravity and the ocean as well? this sort of shit really interests me but makes my mind go aboslutely scrambled a lil bit. Was wondering what your thougts were on those questions as you seem to really no a lot about space.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah... once the earth stops it's rotation and the core solidifies we lose our magnetic poles... no more electricity... no more technology then...
    wait why would we not have electricity...there would sitll be electrons moving through space, what does a manually generated electric current have to do with the earth's poles?...how would electrons not exist there are electrons present in all forms of matter

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    wait why would we not have electricity...there would sitll be electrons moving through space, what does a manually generated electric current have to do with the earth's poles?...how would electrons not exist there are electrons present in all forms of matter
    static electricity would still exist too would it not? Im not saying definite that was more question then anything. Obviously we can not run everything on static electricity but I believe it would still exist. The tesla coil I think works on static as a matter of fact.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Heres a question that might have an obvious answer. If the earth lost its rotation would we also lose day and night and what not or would the 24 hour time span be greatly effected? what about gravity and the ocean as well? this sort of shit really interests me but makes my mind go aboslutely scrambled a lil bit. Was wondering what your thougts were on those questions as you seem to really no a lot about space.
    the time span would be based on the rotation around the sun i would assume, since it said its every 13 days or somehitng... there would be no seasons as we know it, but gravity would still exist, and whos to say we cant even start a rotation slowly with a series of nuclear blasts...well make it jsut like our current home in no time!!!!!!!!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

static electricity would still exist too would it not? Im not saying definite that was more question then anything. Obviously we can not run everything on static electricity but I believe it would still exist. The tesla coil I think works on static as a matter of fact.
    all an electric generator is is a big magneet that sucks in nearby electrons(heptillions of them) and pusehes them througha cicuit where they face resistance from all sorts of obstacles... i dont understand why there wouldnt be electricity, i really wish he would come back and explain this to me!!!! because i opted not to take physics this year in school....no i get to get wasted 4 nights a week

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

all an electric generator is is a big magneet that sucks in nearby electrons(heptillions of them) and pusehes them througha cicuit where they face resistance from all sorts of obstacles... i dont understand why there wouldnt be electricity, i really wish he would come back and explain this to me!!!! because i opted not to take physics this year in school....no i get to get wasted 4 nights a week
    I'm thinking Spaz was saying that if we lost the north and south pole we'd lose the magnetic field which enables magnets to actually work there by prohibiting the generation of electricity? what im wonderin is if electricity would still be possible in the name of static. I will say one thing, without electricity humans are totally fucked big time. People take electricity for granted. We'd have no cars, no appliances, no lights, no tv, no heating, cooling etc. god we'd be so fucked.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I'm thinking Spaz was saying that if we lost the north and south pole we'd lose the magnetic field which enables magnets to actually work there by prohibiting the generation of electricity? what im wonderin is if electricity would still be possible in the name of static. I will say one thing, without electricity humans are totally fucked big time. People take electricity for granted. We'd have no cars, no appliances, no lights, no tv, no heating, cooling etc. god we'd be so fucked.
    the earths north and south poles arent the reasons magnets work...magnetrs work anywhere..even in space...hence the fact that the sapce shuttle and satellites can use electrictiy and technology..a magnet generates a small magnetic field, it has nothing to do with the earth poles...the earth is just in itself a big magnet, with lots of little magnets on it (electrice motors, electrics ciruits, etc)

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    stupid researchers... watch Star Wars a few times and get the whole "warp speed" thing down...
    lol smartass

Black
    2004 Z06

How 'bout everybody on this planet goes to the new planet .. and me, myself and Irene will stay here ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by eddierox View Post
    How 'bout everybody on this planet goes to the new planet .. and me, myself and Irene will stay here ...

ill stay too...with vida guerra, jessica simpson, and jessica alba. and mandy ( my WS6)

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

ill stay too...with vida guerra, jessica simpson, and jessica alba. and mandy ( my WS6)
    Haha your cool with me bro. Vida Guerra is a fantastic choice to be the only other person on the planet with lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information