Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    I have always loved T/A's and I was looking back in high school at a 1994 LT1 Trans Am GT. It was a pretty cool car then I saw the commercial for the new 4th gen. Well in 98 when they came out I went to a local Pontiac Dealership with my family and started drooling. Went home and apparently my grandparents had snuck off to another dealership and low and behold there was a cherry red 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6 sitting in my driveway and my grandpa waiting to toss me the keys as a graduation gift for high school. One of the best days of my life
    i wish my family bought me a new camaro or something of the like when i graduated:headdown kickdirt: i bought my t/a as a grad gift to myself since my dad, who is loaded, wouldnt get me anything

2002 CETA m6

I bought my car for its rarity. How many trans ams do you actually see on the roads now a days? Not many in my area. Even in near stock form, the ls1 has plenty of power and torque to beat most other challenging cars on the road.

and I love when people say how much they like my car, but have no idea what it is.

Black
    1998 Z28 Convertible

Because somebody already bought the last Sky Blue P.O.S. 66 Cadillac!
    Not really, I 've just always wante to say that to someone, since the first time I saw 48 Hours

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by robert 98 View Post
    Because somebody already bought the last Sky Blue P.O.S. 66 Cadillac!
    Not really, I 've just always wante to say that to someone, since the first time I saw 48 Hours
    Thats funny shit don't care who you are!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Believe it or not I have my car thanks to a 1992 Lincoln Mark VII.

One month after I got my License my fathers car, a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, died. I mean needs a new engine DEAD. My father needed a new car quick and the first nice thing he found was a 1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. When I started driving that car it was still one of the quicker things on the road with its 5.0 HO. I simply HAD to have my own.

Fast forward to 2003 and I bought my very own 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC a MUCH faster beast with about 75hp over the VII.

Fast forward to 2007. I realize my car, with over 150,000 hard miles, is not going to live forever.... but how can I replace it with something newer?

It has to be an American car, newer than 1997, with a MINIMUM of 300hp, a V8 and rear wheel drive. It also must be a coupe.

hmmm let's see what fills those requirements.... Mustang? well if I got a 2003 Cobra maybe... too expensive and the new ones are too heavy as well as expensive.....

Camaro??? nah... not really my style on the inside or out, no offense Camaro guys I do love your cars... just not for me.

Hmmm.... nothing else made in the USA meets those specs anymore.... let's look on youtube for inspiration.

what about trans ams? lets youtube those.... what's this Luos video?
    I must have one. I have seen these cars before. Admired them even... but that noise.... that NOISE!!!! the lines!!!

Decided I HAD to have a 2002 fully loaded M6 Pewter Silver WS6.

The Hawk literally was random luck. That I am endlessly thankful for!

red
    1999 Tran-Am WS7

I was in Arkansas with my dad visiting some family when i was 13 and once we pulled up to my aunt and uncle's house, my cousin had his black '98 WS6 sitting outside. I was like, "wooooooow" I was only there for about 5 minutes before he grabbed his keys and took me with him. He lived next to a long stretch of road and I remember watching the speedo in the car just blasting up to 120 and then i remember how cool it was when he was doing a burnout and how the ass end was moving side to side. So ever since then I wanted one and then one day in february of '07 i found one for sale on craigslist. I went to go look at it and i fell in love with it. I bought it the very next day. The first time I drove it was when i picked it up. It's still my dream car that i hope to pass on to my kids, whenever i have one
    Last edited by transamdude99; 12-04-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    1999 Trans-Am
    Lid, Flowmaster cat-back, Eibach 1.25 Pro Kit, front and rear Eibach Sway bars, LS7 clutch C:\Users\Troy Boy\Pictures\Leonidas1.jpg

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Found the car on a local lot -- it had been purchased by one of the salesmen from southern New York and was his driver for a little over a year. His girlfriend dumped him and he could not afford the mortgage and a car payment. The first time I saw it, I just drove by. The second time, I stopped with my family and looked it over, but did not drive it. The third time I went with a friend and we drove it...

Now, for the rest of the story: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119339

Apocolypse too

Pewter
    99 trans am

Cause it's everything a perfect woman should be.
    Nice curves, sexy from the front and back.
    People stop, stare and say god damn.
    They look at you and wonder how you got her.
    Rice boys get jealous. They know not to fuck with her.
    When you get on her, she knows how to go.

So much more to list. Feel free to add

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I don't own a T/A but I'm sure those that do own only bought because they were unable to get an SS...lol.
    please dont tell me that you think they are faster

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    please dont tell me that you think they are faster
    ..or better looking

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Lqdsilver View Post
    Cause it's everything a perfect woman should be.
    Nice curves, sexy from the front and back.
    People stop, stare and say god damn.
    They look at you and wonder how you got her.
    Rice boys get jealous. They know not to fuck with her.
    When you get on her, she knows how to go.

So much more to list. Feel free to add
    she don't complain about taking the long way home
    doesnt care how fast you go
    when you get a speeding ticket she still loves you
    after a hard night of beating on her she'll still take you to work in the morning

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    LOL, sure. Admit it, you REALLY would rather be driving a T/A.

For me, quite the contrary. During my search for WS6 (I've posted my 2000 word epic before, not going to do it again), I nearly had to "settle" for an SS since back in '98 you couldn't hardly find ANY LS1 f-bods on dealer lots, let alone a WS6 'vert w/ a M6. Fortunately for me, I avoided the temptation of the SS and eventually found my WS6.
    yeah Saggin is a Hater SS are Easy to come by and people wonder why they have infractions hahaha
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-05-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Black
    2001 WS6

I saw my first trans am when I was 16. It was silver, and driving up the road towards a neighbor's house. I remember the nostrils, and the sound, and I instantly fell in love. I got my first ws6 when I was 17, and loved the car from the first second. When I first took it for a test drive, I knew it was a monster. I got it with less than 20k on the motor. When i sold it with over 145,000, I regretted selling it. It had its problems, but it was still strong, and looked better than the first day I got it. After 3 years I wanted another one bad. The one I got had been run into the ground, and had its problems, but they're fixed now, and the car is good as new. On another note, these cars aren't for just anyone. These cars are for a real sports car entheusiast. You cant call urself a true motor head until youve owned one of these. Until you've shed all the blood and skin that goes into modding the cars. Sure they have their annoying problems. The studdering, the leaking, the electrical gremlins, the sticky clutches, but when they're running at 100%, its not driving a car, its driving a work of art. The way everything works together, shifts smooth, the roar behind you from the exhaust, I truely believe that these are the best cars to drive on the road, and the most fun. They're a drivers car. Period.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    ^ +1 the 4th Gens came out when i was highschool to and i thought they just looked amazing still do and back then nothing could really touch em speed wise. No way i could afford one back then but 9yrs later, look at me now. searched for bout 2-3 months until i found one worthy n then drove 600 miles to Kentucky to buy her.
    +2

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

The time was 1998. I was living in Pflugerville, TX, just north of Austin. I saw the commercial, "hungry", and went online and looked them up and thought, "man, I have got to have one of those". Went to the dealership, test drove one, and when the saiesman sitting in the passenger seat got eyes as big as golfballs after I speed shifted second, the way it threw me back in the seat were enough to make me pursue getting one. So, I sat down at the desk, ordered an Arctic White, Ram Air, WS6, M6 with gray leather. Six months later, it rolled off the truck. It was worth the 31K I paid for it, and I haven't owned anything else since that time. After I totalled it in '07, I was sick, and as soon as possible, I was waiting on a settlement, and paid cash for this one I have now, the 2000. I plan on keeping this one til Jesus comes back!!! There's not another car on the road that is this affordable, that looks this good, and gets this many looks, or is this fast, in my opinion.....well, maybe a Lamborghini might get more looks and is faster, but I would have to spend 200K to have one of those!!! I choose the T/A!!!!

2002 Firebird Formula

I got mine last year. I saw it on some website for like 14k, but I got it for 13.5k.(Got a somewhat lulzy story about that) At the time, I was still looking for other cars because my brother told me that I could get a better deal on a better Firebird. Before I knew it, though, I came home from work and my dad had gotten the owners to bring the car down from out of state, so I just went ahead and bought it. It's a nice car, but I think I might have paid too much for it.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Bought mine in 05 because the wife hated the brand new Mazda 3 we had bought. She cought me checking it out while we were driving by a dealership. without saying anything she pulled in and said "okay you can sit in it." three hours later i was signing papers on it and taking all my stuff out of the old Mazda and putting it in my new TA! Damn i love that woman.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

the first ta i got was in high school. i ended up wrecking that one. i then went through 2 other cars, trying to find one i liked. my dd was a olds cutlass sierra. <-badass. i still have it and drive it whenever its shitty outside. 273kmiles and still runs like the day i got it. got it for $800 at an auction. got a prelude, hated it, sold it.

then i decided to get a buick grand national. found one and drove 6 hours with a friend to pick it up, cash in hand. i get there and the guy wouldnt sell it to me since i was a kid. i was 20 at the time. heading home empty handed we stop at chick filet for food and as were walking out a 2000 ta pulls into the spot next to us with a for sale sign in the window.

we talked for a while, he said he was selling it because he couldnt appreciate it any more. it had 100k miles on it and all the service records from the local stealership. he wanted 12k for it but when i told him i had 10k cash he said he would settle if i bought and ate with him. we talked for about an hour. at first it was damnit i have to eat with some old guy, then he just reeled you in. Turns out he was a WW2 veteran that served in Germany with the 101st airborne. the stories some old people have are truly amazing.

my test drive was driving him home. before he signed it over he wanted to get 1 last burnout in it. when he got out he was grinning ear to ear, he was a kid again. it was kinda cool, no matter how old you are, if you get behind the wheel of one of these cars you become 18 again.

at first i kinda felt bad for taking his baby from him, but he had a 72 chevelle parked in his garage. 1 toy is enough.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

saw Smokey and the bandit in 77 was 11 years old and loved them from then on ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

see above

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information