Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Great points, hadn't even realized the headlights provide lousy lighting, no wonder I'm a little scared at night and could barely see on a rainy night. Fixing my car's suspension, shocks, etc., apparently haven't been enough to give it good handling.
    i dont see why not...a aftermarket suspension that is tuned and planned out correctly turns these cars into monsters...the biggest part tho that is overlooked or skimped on is the shocks...even though the shocks are the most crucial part of a suspension.

2k in suspension mods with some shitty oem style performance shock offsets the other suspension mods realy.

We could use replies here from people who have owned light-colored/bright-colored Birds and dark-colored ones.

Royal pain in the.... Phantom2kz's Avatar

2001 Z-28 A4 NBM
    2002 35th anni SS M6#1696

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Try riding a motorcycle - people try to kill you multiple times every time you take it out.

Jim
    ain't it the truth

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

i just hope they arent magnetized towards my som car !

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I have a black Trans Am and I must say, due to the aweful headlights I avoid night driving with it. Those sealed beams are the worst. I have been very lucky I will say. Other then that I would rather not say anything else as to not jinx myself.

black
    2002 WS6

Well having driven white, silver and black vehicles, I ahve no had any more or less experainces of close calls in any.

The scares in my black 02 WS.6 have mostly been my fault from showing off and over driving the car. As for the other drivers, it doesn't matter. Have been cut off, pulled out in front of and ran off the road the same number of times in all my vehicles,

I've historically done very little night driving in any of my (black) cars. (Two accidents at night, with the major one unrelated to lighting conditions.) Unlike most of you, I think, I have done a lot of overnight street parking and gotten damage almost annually. I firmly believe the black color has been a factor.

black
    2001 Trans Am

well i haven't owned my black T/A long enough to get into any close calls and i hope i don't for awhile, because me and my husband was in a bad wreck with our WHITE '99 that had a big red bird on the hood and red dragons on the door. it was an accident that was both my husbands fault and the driver of the dodge ram dually's fault. of course since we are from tennessee and the wreck happened in ohio, my husband got full blame. me and my husband were at the 2009 T/A nats. we were gettin ready to head back home to tennessee on monday morning. my husband was driving i was in the passenger seat. my hubby was settin at a traffic light waiting to turn left onto int 75. he had a solid green light (no arrow) several cars went by, there was a truck coming but it was in the turnin lane and slowing down, my husband thought he had plenty of time to get across, so he pulled out. well apparently the truck driver changed his mind about gettin on the interstate and decide to go straight instead, so he slammed into the rear quarter of our T/A! if he would've gave a signal indicating he was gonna change lanes my hubby never would've pulled out, but like i said the guy was slowing way dwn like he was gonna make the turn. my husband got sited for failure to yeild, which we both agreed with because he just had a solid green light and didn't have the arrow. but the other guy should've got sited too. i know for a fact that if that wreck would've happened to us here in tenessee, it wouldv'e been consdered a no fault, meaning that both drivers are at fault and each person's insurance will take care of their own damages. but to this day i still thank God that me or my husband didn't get hurt. they did take me away in an ambulance since the impact was on my side. i've stil got a weird dark spot on my left knee.

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Yellow bird here and I still have to try to plan ahead for other drives since so many act like they don't see me, so I'm not convinced color is important.

Around here if you're cutoff, merged into, side-swiped, pulled-out on, etc it's a safe bet the other driver is on the phone, funny 20 years ago when we saw driving like this we'd say "looks like dude is drunk" but now we say "looks like dude is on the phone".

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

It is simple! RETARDS are taking over the world! Esp those who like to talk on the damn cell phone while driving or even worse yet TEXT!!! If you are one of those people and you are reading this....do us all a favor and remove yourself from the gene pool so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world with your stupidity!!!! Had way too many close calls in my bird. And i believe that every asshole that talks on their cell while driving deems it necessary to try and run me over. Also have this prob in both of my trucks, and they are both hard to miss. One is lifted and loud as hell. The wifes truck aint lifted but is still...you guessed it loud as hell. If some motards would just park their damn phone booth till they are ready to drive I honestly think that half of the accidents today could be avoided!

Amen. One time, when I had the right of way, I almost hit a driver who must have gone through without looking; I suspect that person was on a cell phone. Funny - I associate cell phone use with sedans and SUVs, not sports cars.

About street parking damage - the low front end and lack of a real bumper make it easier for a higher vehicle to back up on top of the car

red
    1999 Tran-Am WS7

six months after getting my TA, some girl was texting while driving and ran a red light and hit me on the right rear part of the car. the wheel took most of the impact but it broke the rear bumper and pushed the hatch over so it was out of line. i did a 180, hit the nose on a concrete retaining wall and then slid sideways up onto the sidewalk therefore breaking my wheels. it could've been worse though. my buddy in his '03 termi was in the left hand lane right next to me but happened to turn left literally 3 seconds before i got hit
    1999 Trans-Am
    Lid, Flowmaster cat-back, Eibach 1.25 Pro Kit, front and rear Eibach Sway bars, LS7 clutch C:\Users\Troy Boy\Pictures\Leonidas1.jpg

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I've driven teal, pewter, black, blue, and silver cars/trucks. I've had a few close calls in all of them but none that could be understood as color-related. All of them were from people driving HUA be it me or the other driver.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I took an MSF course last summer, which is where I learned a lot of defensive driving/riding skills. 4 of 5 of the accidents in my Caddy were rear-end hits. The 5th one was unaviodable, but I play it back over and over wondering if there was something I could have done.

The Chief of Police blew a yield sign from behind a van on my left that had stopped to let him out (no lights or siren were on in his unmarked Explorer). I couldn't see him and he couldn't see me - he just pulled out and hoped for the best. I was coming up at about 40 MPH in the right lane and didn't see him until impact. Naturally, the police report said it was my fault - it's the subject of pending litigation. I'm not real popular with the local po-po, having sued the Chief and all.

The Caddy doesn't look that bad, but both bags blew and the frame rail was swayed over pretty good. It was a total loss. I loved that car, but I replaced it with my '02 TA so it's not all bad.
    Click for full size

Jim
    That on Rt 4? Looks like it. Ouch!!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    That on Rt 4? Looks like it. Ouch!!!
    It's the infamous Netcong Circle. DOT will be doing away with it sometime this decade.

Jim

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

It's the infamous Netcong Circle. DOT will be doing away with it sometime this decade.

Jim
    By Family Ford?

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    By Family Ford?
    Yep, that's the one. It's been repainted by the DOT making it 2 lanes, which is exactly how everyone used it, and what I was doing that day. I'll get my day in court soon...unless they settle.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Things just happen a lot faster in our cars and people don't expect to get into
    trouble so fast. By the time they figure it out.... well, it done.

Thread Information