Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

30-40 roll for a stock gtp isnt great. My GTX that i sold my sister was that way before all the mods. After all the bolts on you can throw at it, it doesnt have that prob anymore. its amazing what 335 fwhp will do.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

The GTP's stock are slow!
    i completely agree. i was pissed when i got my GTP because i got it to mod it.
    i got a Tune and it was like night and day. i think i put about $300 bucks into it and i could take down all PRE-05 mustang GT's (which isnt much to brag about but it was always fun to see the look on their faces when they get beat by a 4 door.)
    those GTP's can be sick as hell. i would get another one, but i got sick of the FWD

that kid in the GTP is a Tool.

black
    1995 formula

Quote Originally Posted by GTP Smooth View Post
    This is hilarious to me, the OP is the ricer. Most likely got his ass handed to him if it was a GTP and came on here lying. It was probably a damn SE with a 3.1 motor in it. So good job! Hell I beat a lot of ls1 and ls2s, but I'm not a damn tard like this guy and talking out of my ass. I won't even eat rice, too much of a waste. I prefer steak.
    Yes i love to come onto a message board and lie to all of you about my wifes massive accord and the victims that i take out all across the birmingham area. So if you are in Birmingham beware the silver accord with the Auburn stickers because it is a true sleeper. You will know it is me when you see the car seat in the back!!!!! In all seriousness i think that neither car was meant to be raced and I felt like a complete tool for doing it, but i just thought it was funny the shit people try to race. Plus the fact I dont think that I have ever had a gtp of any year try to race me in my formula. That would be sad.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by hjoshua23 View Post
    Yes i love to come onto a message board and lie to all of you about my wifes massive accord and the victims that i take out all across the birmingham area. So if you are in Birmingham beware the silver accord with the Auburn stickers because it is a true sleeper. You will know it is me when you see the car seat in the back!!!!! In all seriousness i think that neither car was meant to be raced and I felt like a complete tool for doing it, but i just thought it was funny the shit people try to race. Plus the fact I dont think that I have ever had a gtp of any year try to race me in my formula. That would be sad.
    a pullied/intake/exhaust GTP shouldnt actually have any trouble keeping up with a stock lt1.......they put down 240 stock.....close to 300 with the mods i just mentioned.....lt1 is what? 275 or 285 depending on the yr......both cars being nearly the same weight...gtp runs about 3400...not saying your car is stock cuz i didnt even look....just saying its NOT a joke for gtp's to be racing....they can be made pretty fast for not all that much money

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I sometimes have two carseats in my TA, so that would be 20 HP? Is that RWHP or at the flywheel? Usually those seats are in our Cherokee, so that would be 20 HP there, right?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

This is hilarious to me, the OP is the ricer. Most likely got his ass handed to him if it was a GTP and came on here lying. It was probably a damn SE with a 3.1 motor in it. So good job! Hell I beat a lot of ls1 and ls2s, but I'm not a damn tard like this guy and talking out of my ass. I won't even eat rice, too much of a waste. I prefer steak.

Did they happen to have 800 lbs of concrete in the trunk?

Silver
    2002 Z28

Bottom line, Hondas V6 put out a lot more hp than GMs. Their 3.5 and 3.6L V6 put out 50+ more hp than the 3800 that was in the Camaros and other GM cars. We are just lucky Honda has not made a V8 yet.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

i dont get why some people are so suprised that an accord could beat a gtp. My freind has a GTp (the 240 hp version) and my 200 HP daily driver 95 ford thunderbird can beat the hell out of her car. But my buddy kevins 2004 4cylinder accord can almost keep up..... hmmmm. so im thinking the V6 accord could totally handle the GTP

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    i dont get why some people are so suprised that an accord could beat a gtp. My freind has a GTp (the 240 hp version) and my 200 HP daily driver 95 ford thunderbird can beat the hell out of her car. But my buddy kevins 2004 4cylinder accord can almost keep up..... hmmmm. so im thinking the V6 accord could totally handle the GTP
    If you can beat it with an old 95 Thunderbird...then its probably not a GTP...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Bottom line, Hondas V6 put out a lot more hp than GMs. Their 3.5 and 3.6L V6 put out 50+ more hp than the 3800 that was in the Camaros and other GM cars. We are just lucky Honda has not made a V8 yet.
    im pretty impressed by the numbers toyota's new V8 puts out

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Your view of HP out put isn't in perspective.

See, Honda makes do with what they have. They like using smaller engines, like their 3.5 V6, so they load it up with the newest technology and figure out ways to make the most power with smaller displacement. So when you buy the motor from the factory, its pretty maxxed out performance wise. You aren't going to get much, if any, more power out of it.

GM's V6's are mild. They are just basic, reliable engines designed for everyday driving duty. They don't have high flow manifolds, peaky powerbands, aggressive tunes, or variable cam profiles. They are just maintream powerplants. You can bet that if you started modding though, the 3800 would kick the shit out of any Honda V6, which are already maxed out from the factory.

Why are we lucky that Honda hasn't made a V8?? I'm sure it would be some small displacement, no torque powerplant anyway, probably with a peaky powerband and a crappy exhaust note. Thats how Honda does things, they try to be efficient by using smaller engines and maxxing them out.

Thats why its rather ironic that the GM V6's get better fuel economy than Honda's V6 motors, which are supposed to be so "efficient" and "high tech", thats a joke.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Just as long as it's domestic built! Right Wesman!? That's right! USA USA USA say it with me USA USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

See, Honda makes do with what they have. They like using smaller engines, like their 3.5 V6, so they load it up with the newest technology and figure out ways to make the most power with smaller displacement. So when you buy the motor from the factory, its pretty maxxed out performance wise. You aren't going to get much, if any, more power out of it.

GM's V6's are mild. They are just basic, reliable engines designed for everyday driving duty. They don't have high flow manifolds, peaky powerbands, aggressive tunes, or variable cam profiles. They are just maintream powerplants. You can bet that if you started modding though, the 3800 would kick the shit out of any Honda V6, which are already maxed out from the factory.

Why are we lucky that Honda hasn't made a V8?? I'm sure it would be some small displacement, no torque powerplant anyway, probably with a peaky powerband and a crappy exhaust note. Thats how Honda does things, they try to be efficient by using smaller engines and maxxing them out.

Thats why its rather ironic that the GM V6's get better fuel economy than Honda's V6 motors, which are supposed to be so "efficient" and "high tech", thats a joke.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

ive been absent from the boards for a few short days and it seems like everyones at each others throats.
    good kill with the wifes car. and if you have to hit em with the car seat then do it. ill tell ya what, my girlfriend has an 04 taurus and she doesnt fuck around!!!!!!
    anyway, why is all the hate circulating? calling people liars without having been there? not too smart.
    and im sure mr gtp has killed many lsx cars just cruising around town all pulley'd up right?
    Wrong. this was a good kill.
    it showed the heart of a true racer.
    anyone can get groceries. but who gets the first spot in the lot is up to you!!!!

I say fuck it, we all need a grocery getter.
    maybe i should buy a GTP..................

Black
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

I say fuck it, we all need a grocery getter.
    maybe i should buy a GTP..................
    Mine gets me there pretty quick...

Randy
    S1X Cam/ZZP S3 IC/N*/Gen V/S&S Headers
    12.42@110.03 with a 1.74 60 Before IC
    12.46@114.3 with a 2.062 60 with IC

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

I have to say, Wesman, your posts are very Factual sounding, but they are only your opinion. You are wrong about 2 things: 1 is, what v6 GM motor is more fuel efficiant than a Honda engine in its same class??
    2 is: the whole maxed power crap you were yapping about, People mod the hell out of all engines, you can mod a 2.5 v6 just like you can mod a 3.8 v6, wether they are from GM or Honda. So do me a favor and smack your self in the face 2 times, 1 for every stupid thing you said in that post!!!!!!!!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I have to say, Wesman, your posts are very Factual sounding, but they are only your opinion. You are wrong about 2 things: 1 is, what v6 GM motor is more fuel efficiant than a Honda engine in its same class??
    2 is: the whole maxed power crap you were yapping about, People mod the hell out of all engines, you can mod a 2.5 v6 just like you can mod a 3.8 v6, wether they are from GM or Honda. So do me a favor and smack your self in the face 2 times, 1 for every stupid thing you said in that post!!!!!!!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Hondas might be maxxed out... but thats only above 5500rpm (aka Vtec)... below, they get better gas mileage and arent pushing all they can.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Hondas might be maxxed out... but thats only above 5500rpm (aka Vtec)... below, they get better gas mileage and arent pushing all they can.

Shhhh, no they don't. A Jap motor could never be as good as an american motor
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-20-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: removed comment refering to member. please refrain from doing it again.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Jap Crap Rocks!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

yea, but I must be biased with my opinion... its not like I have a honda and a Camaro... oops

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information