Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

green
    95 firebird

ok, the sleeper idea is pretty cool. i think i have a stigma towards the gto b/c i expected something that stood out, like a judge did or something. i can't argue with you much there. i've always wanted a turbo buick myself.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

sleeper is right. they put me to sleep everytime i see one.

Torrd Red
    04 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Motrv8d Steve
    sleeper is right. they put me to sleep everytime i see one.
    You have to remember that not every car fits every person. I love the looks of the gen III/IV F body but they ride like trucks compaired to the IRS of the Vetts and the Goat. If I could get a WS6 with an IRS I would have one of those to.

The car makes me happy I enjoy driving it and thats all that matters to me.
    Last edited by Ls1tiger; 06-15-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

i love the looks of the car. Black for me.

silver
    1999 Z28

Seems to me after reading this thread im not to far off base...heart of gold but Damn shes ugly ! Unless you own one.
    Spent most my life drinking beer and chasing women...........the rest I just wasted.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1tiger
    You have to remember that not every car fits every person. I love the looks of the gen III/IV F body but they ride like trucks compaired to the IRS of the Vetts and the Goat. If I could get a WS6 with an IRS I would have one of those to.

The car makes me happy I enjoy driving it and thats all that matters to me.

well in the end that's all that matters.

i think it would have made all the difference in the world had they given it just a little bit more attitude

i think these two aussie Holdens have a kickass look to em. same body? Educate me idk.

Torrd Red
    04 Pontiac GTO

Yes its the same body style. The Ute and the Commadore VZ run on the same platform
    Holden has a awesome web site http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/ And Holden HSV http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.html
    Here is the Aussi story behind the GTO http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...s/9_06_hol.htm

I know its a lot of reading but you asked for education material
    The Monaro is the car to have In Oz and The V8 SUPER CAR SERIES they have 162 wins and Ford is a close second http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...st_wins/?ind=M

So have a few with me and enjoy.

Dan

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Not for everyone.............

I've owned 5 T/A's from 1979 to 2000, and I got my 04 GTO, and your right, you either like them or hate them. But I get more, "hey can I look at that, or is that one of them" questions than I ever did.

but they're not for everyone............BUT I LOVE MINE!!!

I had a guy walk up and say, "that's not a REAL GTO", and I said ur right, this one has 400hp. He had a vette, and the only real vette had a SPLIT WINDOW..........CASE CLOSED.

Enjoy what you got...............and leave mine alone......

Fugly NOPE, just DIFFERENT.........in a good way.........

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Not for everyone.............

like I said, you either like um on not........

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by yellowscremer

I had a guy walk up and say, "that's not a REAL GTO", and I said ur right, this one has 400hp. He had a vette, and the only real vette had a SPLIT WINDOW..........CASE CLOSED.

Enjoy what you got...............and leave mine alone......

Fugly NOPE, just DIFFERENT.........in a good way.........
    Haha, the best Vette ever is the ZO6 that just came out. CASE CLOSED.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan
    ok, the sleeper idea is pretty cool. i think i have a stigma towards the gto b/c i expected something that stood out, like a judge did or something. i can't argue with you much there. i've always wanted a turbo buick myself.
    Why is it such a sleeper? Because it looks like a Grand Prix??

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys
    Haha, the best Vette ever is the ZO6 that just came out. CASE CLOSED.

see what I mean.............lol, I do like the new ones , but I'm old enough to remember the old ones also..........it's all about personal tastes........

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys
    Why is it such a sleeper? Because it looks like a Grand Prix??
    U know the sleeper thing is kinda cool......when I was a kid, my old man had a 1963 Ford Galaxy, (state police model) with a 390, 3 on the tree. It was a boat, but talk about sleeper................OMG!!!!

Yea the Goat kinda sneakes up on them...............

NBM
    '00 Z28

Removing the badges off a Z-28 makes a sleeper. It's easily confused for a V6. Doing that to a GTO wouldn't have the same effect. It doesn't share a body style with anything and you can't get one in a six. Everyone knows what a GTO is packing. Kinda hard to sell it as a "sleeper."

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Removing the badges off a Z-28 makes a sleeper. It's easily confused for a V6. Doing that to a GTO wouldn't have the same effect. It doesn't share a body style with anything and you can't get one in a six. Everyone knows what a GTO is packing. Kinda hard to sell it as a "sleeper."
    Half the people out there NEVER SAW ONE in the first place.........

F-body's have ALWAYS, been fast cars.......they EVEN "look" fast. My 2000 WS6 to me was the "meanest" looking car I ever owned. Same with some of the late model CAMS. There is just NO way to make a F-body look like a sleeper..............regardless of what's under the hood. They're great looking cars!!!!

I can tell ya, I got more attention from police in my 79 Macho T/A than, than my 2000 WS6. RED vs BLACK. As far as my Goat, (YELLOWJACKET)they would rather look at the kid with the trash can exhaust on his Civic before looking at my GTO..................lol AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY!!!!!!
    Last edited by yellowscremer; 06-16-2006 at 07:53 AM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Yellowscremer, I hear what you're saying. I just don't think as many people are ignorant as to what your car is as you think. Especially people remotely involved in our hobby. Everyone that knows what the GTO is knows what it is capable of.

I agree, no matter what year F-body, they have that fast look. Yes, they are going to grab more attention than the GTO while rolling down the road. However, I don't have the Z28 badges on my car, and it seems I don't get as much attention from cops as people who do. I've kept my car's appearance very tame. No window tint, no badges, stock exhaust. You'd be surprised at how many people try to race me because they think my car is easy prey.

And of course police pay more attention to the retard racers with the folgers exhaust. They see those cars as being owned by kids who are usually trying to showboat and prove something to someone. Plus, I think cops have just as much of a grudge with ricers as we do.

My whole point to this is that there are more people that know what the GTO is about than it seems you realize. You'll never pull up to someone who's remotely into cars and surprise them with a stock GTO. They still may try you, but more than likely because they want to see how they measure up.

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Yellowscremer, I hear what you're saying. I just don't think as many people are ignorant as to what your car is as you think. Especially people remotely involved in our hobby. Everyone that knows what the GTO is knows what it is capable of.

I agree, no matter what year F-body, they have that fast look. Yes, they are going to grab more attention than the GTO while rolling down the road. However, I don't have the Z28 badges on my car, and it seems I don't get as much attention from cops as people who do. I've kept my car's appearance very tame. No window tint, no badges, stock exhaust. You'd be surprised at how many people try to race me because they think my car is easy prey.

And of course police pay more attention to the retard racers with the folgers exhaust. They see those cars as being owned by kids who are usually trying to showboat and prove something to someone. Plus, I think cops have just as much of a grudge with ricers as we do.

My whole point to this is that there are more people that know what the GTO is about than it seems you realize. You'll never pull up to someone who's remotely into cars and surprise them with a stock GTO. They still may try you, but more than likely because they want to see how they measure up.
    I'm with ya bro.............Sometimes I just look over at them (those in their lowered lawn mowers) (I own a Honda MOWER) and just smile knowing that all they want is to run to their little buddies with "I raced a old guy in his GTO today!!" NOPE not going there........keep wishing kid. I drink more LITERS than you engine holds...........I'll tell ya I just saw that "new Cam" at the Hot Rod Mag. Tour in Harrisburg, and all I can say is WOW!!!! That thing screams FAST!!! I can't wait for that thing to come out.......

but the other scary car coming out is the Soltice with the LS1 in it. They had two at the show in Harrisburg. The guys popped the hood on that thing and I almost passed out.......

The GTO is catching on, now that the price is down. I drove from PA to South Carolina, and the only other GTO I saw was on a lot. But just this past week at least a dozen at the Hot Rod show.

If they could take the ride of my GTO and put it in my 2000 WS6.........perfect car!!! I really like the looks of the F-bodys. But the GTO and the Good Old F-bodies are two different cars........LOVE THEM BOTH!!!
    Last edited by yellowscremer; 06-16-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

My opinion is that the GTO is a very fast, smooth riding, and comfortable vehicle no matter how fast you take it to. The on board computer is a very nice feature. The interior is beautifully done. They sound AWESOME with a simple exhaust setup and when people realize what they have sitting next to them they dont even think about racing it for the mos part. It may not have aggressive styling but its just like a pretty boy with plenty of comfirmed kills. May not look mean but its rep speaks for itself.

yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6
    My opinion is that the GTO is a very fast, smooth riding, and comfortable vehicle no matter how fast you take it to. The on board computer is a very nice feature. The interior is beautifully done. They sound AWESOME with a simple exhaust setup and when people realize what they have sitting next to them they dont even think about racing it for the mos part. It may not have aggressive styling but its just like a pretty boy with plenty of comfirmed kills. May not look mean but its rep speaks for itself.
    Thanks, now heres someone who knows...............I had mine up to 150 (with the windows up) and the radio on, and if you didn't look out the window you would never know you were traveling that fast. The ride is soo smooth. But being the old HOT RODDER that I am, I had to have the FLOWMASTERS!!!!! The stocker sounded good..................but.... you know...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by yellowscremer
    see what I mean.............lol, I do like the new ones , but I'm old enough to remember the old ones also..........it's all about personal tastes........
    I agree 100%...it definitely is all about personal tastes....however, I should have phrased it differently. The new ZO6 has the best performance of any Corvette ever built.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information