Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Get a 03/04 cobra and don't look back!
    fast but ugly

i think the cobra will cost quite a bit more also

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    fast but ugly
    Funny thing and I thought Camaros were Ugly well I still do!
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a2d3 View Post
    i think the cobra will cost quite a bit more also
    If you want something good it costs and the cheap comes out cheap, it's also worth it, worth every bit of it! and can handle more than the competition!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Funny thing and I thought Camaros were Ugly well I still do!

If you want something good it costs and the cheap comes out cheap, it's also worth it, worth every bit of it! and can handle more than the competition!
    the thread is about what year CAMARO to buy. Not a Rustang newbie..............but welcome to LS1.COM

Black
    03 Cobra

and Im just giving a suggestion to save him from problems and headaches!!!

Buddy

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Buddy
    Camaros hold up just fine, but thanks for your input.

Black
    03 Cobra

Camaros hold up just fine, but thanks for your input.
    I respect that

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I respect that
    by the way I actually think Cobras rock as do anybody on this site that knows anything about fast cars

Black
    03 Cobra

by the way I actually think Cobras rock as do anybody on this site that knows anything about fast cars
    thanks man, I ran across fast camaros! Im not saying cobras are the fastest thing in the world there will always be something faster out there!

Im just pointing out that 03/04 cobras came out good out the factory and can handle a lot of power and make power easily with out having to open up and build the engine!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

thanks man, I ran across fast camaros! Im not saying cobras are the fastest thing in the world there will always be something faster out there!

Im just pointing out that 03/04 cobras came out good out the factory and can handle a lot of power and make power easily with out having to open up and build the engine!
    yep its all true

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Buddy
    come on, assuming you know anything about what your getting yourself into, the last time i checked the customers of gm did not sue gm cause their "superior" model camaro was getting thier asses waxed by an inferior cheaper and less hp model, but of course this happened to the mudstang. the cobra was but a mere spec in a gt's rear view in the mid 90's lol.

please tell me how you saving him the headaches of buying a cobra rather than an ss? because the cobra can produce more hp for cheaper coin? maybe, but its a car that has its flaw's to.

now onto me telling you that a cobra is a sick ride, dont get me wrong, but both cars have their strengths and weakness's.

btw here is a vid of a bone stock camaro ss, beating a pullied, tuned, bolt on cobra, with well over 500 hp to the wheels, just show's how many headaches this cobra guy had after this race.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post

come on, assuming you know anything about what your getting yourself into, the last time i checked the customers of gm did not sue gm cause their "superior" model camaro was getting thier asses waxed by an inferior cheaper and less hp model, but of course this happened to the mudstang. the cobra was but a mere spec in a gt's rear view in the mid 90's lol.

please tell me how you saving him the headaches of buying a cobra rather than an ss? because the cobra can produce more hp for cheaper coin? maybe, but its a car that has its flaw's to.

now onto me telling you that a cobra is a sick ride, dont get me wrong, but both cars have their strengths and weakness's.

btw here is a vid of a bone stock camaro ss, beating a pullied, tuned, bolt on cobra, with well over 500 hp to the wheels, just show's how many headaches this cobra guy had after this race.
    Click for full size
    that is what you call driver mod some unexperienced driver that doesn't know how to take off the line with that much power! I have raced ss maros and with me just CAI and exhaust and I would literally play with them

I wish you lived near by!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Back to the original question here...the main differance in the years is that the 01 and 02 have the LS6 manifold from the factory. Remember, I said main differance, there are others too.

As for this Mustang vs. Camaro debate going on above...that's what makes this whole thing so much fun, the GREAT rivalry between the two cars, and the two Manufacters. It will only get even better with the re-introduction of the new Camaro and Ford's latest offering of their Mustang.
    But we all know that Ford was first...then GM looked at it and said "That's a great car, now let's make a better one"

I'll leave it at that.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Back to the original question here...the main differance in the years is that the 01 and 02 have the LS6 manifold from the factory. Remember, I said main differance, there are others too.

As for this Mustang vs. Camaro debate going on above...that's what makes this whole thing so much fun, the GREAT rivalry between the two cars, and the two Manufacters. It will only get even better with the re-introduction of the new Camaro and Ford's latest offering of their Mustang.
    But we all know that Ford was first...then GM looked at it and said "That's a great car, now let's make a better one"

I'll leave it at that.
    that is absolutely the truth, ford comes out with their car then chevy analysis it then says ok lets make something better thats how it always is there will be something better and on and on!

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

I think its funny when ford guys shit talk about fast, yet everything ford makes that is fast requires a damn blower. Pull the blower off, or wait until mine is added then come by for some fun.

Black
    03 Cobra

Well let ford make a high compression cobra like the 2000 Cobra R with 385 HP with naturally aspirated motor! I wish you were closer so I cud see wat your car can do and even with your blower on

.........Soon Im going to be ready for almost anything that comes across me, if everything goes to plan
    Last edited by mike302; 06-29-2008 at 11:16 AM.

10's N/A

Well let ford make a high compression cobra like the 2000 Cobra R with 385 HP with naturally aspirated motor! I wish you were closer so I cud see wat your car can do and even with your blower on

.........Soon Im going to be ready for almost anything that comes across me, if everything goes to plan
    The 2000 Cobra R was a low 13-second car...nothing too special, and was not on par w/ the Z06 that came into production a year later. It ran mid-high 12's w/ the same 385hp rating.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    The 2000 Cobra R was a low 13-second car...nothing too special, and was not on par w/ the Z06 that came into production a year later. It ran mid-high 12's w/ the same 385hp rating.
    it was made more for auto crossing track

10's N/A

it was made more for auto crossing track
    True, but so was the '95 R, and it lived up to it's name with 300hp and 13.80 quarter-mile times!

silver
    98 ss camaro

go slap yourself in the face, car is supercharged and doesn't even put 400 to the ground waste of money and the non supercharged gets beat by any 98 or up camaro. Plus mustangs have that hollow shitty sound to them and no ttops so there slow, ugly sound bad=waste of money. Go with the 01 or 02 you'll get the ls6 intake manifold and the computer is better on those years have fun hope you find something nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information