Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    ^^^^^^ Awesome info

If i really want to get the most power from putting in a new airlid, I just need to consider buying the SLP airlid and a new TB?.. Sorry guys I sound clueless, i'm still a rookie
    Thanks,I have a project thread on my local board and the goal with the car is 11's for under $13,000.

I currently have just over $10,000 into it with mods and maintanence.

A lid and a Ported Polished TB would be a good start,clean the MAF with electical contact cleaner while your in there.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

^^^ thats a lot of money for an 11. Im at 12.20's and have very little in my car. Exhaust, lid, tune, convertor, gears, lca's with brackets, K member and lower a arms.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    ^^^ thats a lot of money for an 11. Im at 12.20's and have very little in my car. Exhaust, lid, tune, convertor, gears, lca's with brackets, K member and lower a arms.
    That includes the price of the car,taxes,duty and the higher prices we pay for performance parts.

If I lived in the good old USA I think the car would be in the 11's already.

Just getting out of the MTO(your DMV) $6200.00 for the car $700.00 in sales tax on the purchase price,$195.00 for plates and registration,$75.00 for the safety check,$35.00 for the emmisions test.

As you can see I am over $7000 and I haven't bought a mod or fixed the items I needed for a safety.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    Thanks,I have a project thread on my local board and the goal with the car is 11's for under $13,000.

A lid and a Ported Polished TB would be a good start,clean the MAF with electical contact cleaner while your in there.
    Good stuff man good luck on shaving off those seconds!

Thanks for the suggestion I honestly was thinking of a new lid, but if I buy a ported TB the price increases from 100 to 200... I'll have to think about that one. Is it really all that beneficial?

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Good stuff man good luck on shaving off those seconds!

Thanks for the suggestion I honestly was thinking of a new lid, but if I buy a ported TB the price increases from 100 to 200... I'll have to think about that one. Is it really all that beneficial?
    You can get PP TB's on EBay for $50.00 with core exchange,buy it only from Photz as there are some shady characters selling junk on there.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Didnt realize you were including the cost of the car.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Didnt realize you were including the cost of the car.

I may have to use nitrous to reach my goal,I happen to have a 5176 Dry LT1 kit laying around

The right camshaft and a converter (and probably a gear) will get you there and still be under budget. Plenty of cam only LS1's that have dipped into the 11's.

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^The sound I noticed was a louder, deeper intake roar under half-throttle or more. It wasn't obnoxious by any means, and not a whole lot louder, just different.

I'd rather seal the hood to the air filter than do the FRA mod. My filter stays pretty clean for a long time, and it's nice to feel a cool intake after driving (I'm not saying the FRA won't have a cool intake temp!).

Oh yeah, just get a quality paper air filter. No need for anything fancy, this has been proven many times also, especially the first time someone experiences driveability issues and finds out it is from oil on the MAF that came from their million mile filter.
    have dual filter box. both have the oil filters, havent had any issues with my maf. Put about 14k in the past 2 years. Dont know how much before that since ws6 hood and kit were installed.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post

btw man I don't think my cars ever used oil based filters.. I use Frams...should I still clean out the MAF? Cause knowing me, i'd damage it somehow.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Sorry guys got another stupid question, for the slp airlid do i buy the ls1 ls6 throttle body from potz or the ls1 ls6 throttle body with maf endings from potz? They're both remanufactured..

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

im running 80mm bbk which i do believe comes with its own maf. but ive had an issue or two with out. after proper tune, i think its finally under control.. hopefully.

Black
    99 Trans am

Sorry guys got another stupid question, for the slp airlid do i buy the ls1 ls6 throttle body from potz or the ls1 ls6 throttle body with maf endings from potz? They're both remanufactured..
    Just do the tb. Your asking for trouble messing with the maf.
    SLP CAI...P/P TB...LS6...PACESETTER LTS...TSP TDS...3.73s...UMI: STRUT-LCAs-TA-PH ROD-POLY MMs
    BILSTEINS/STRANO...FROST TUNE

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

btw man I don't think my cars ever used oil based filters.. I use Frams...should I still clean out the MAF? Cause knowing me, i'd damage it somehow.
    Just get some MAF spray cleaner, and only spray it. Don't touch the wires with anything besides the spray, and you'll be fine.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

lol I don't need a tune for the whole thing do I?

Sounds good. Thanks!

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

no you dont need a tune for this stuff. just get the spray maf cleaner and have at it. also for the ported tb you may want to look at just having yours done. i had my tb ported by L92 / LS3 ported heads, throttle body, l92 heads, ls3 heads got the s3 and like it. you may not see much from any one of the mods your looking at but in the long run they all help support the bigger mods you will add later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information