Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    SLP longtubes, SLP hi-flow cats, LM1, cam

[media]http://home.comcast.net/~mrluos/raspy.wmv[/media]
    lol i agree with the rice being an irritating rasp. i dont mind obnoxious loud cars like mine
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

Red
    2001 ws6

doesnt matter what you hear online, yes it will give u an idea but to really understand what you are going to be getting try to hear a few in person
    +1 for Vertivipers exhaust, everywhere we go he gets complimented, once my work gets done that is most likely the exhaust im going with and ive heard quite a few

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Get a Cherry Bomb, then you can call yourself a red neck.

Red
    02 Trans Am WS.6 (A4)

So you all think SLP is a good product for the money??? I really like the sound of the Ls1's with the loudmouth. On my 97 t/a i have flowmaster and my neighbor has a 94 firebird and he has stock exhaust and the sound exactly the same. I have almost decided on the loudmout I with the 3.5" slash tips.

Black
    1998 Z28

man i think the lm1 sound good, my buddy has kooks lts and lm1 sounds like freaking race car kinda loud but hell thats the way i like it

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by ASC420 View Post
    So you all think SLP is a good product for the money???
    Not at all.

SLP is the bottom of the barrel when you order mods.
    Their exhausts aren't bad, but tend to be raspy without having a refined sound.

$ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Nobody likes Hooker? I have their catback system , no cats and a cutout before the axle, sounds F'n sweet and gets many compliments, of course it has a heavy hittin cam and Hooker long tubes but I love the sound.

black
    99 formula firebird

if you get headrs go with pacesetter they area block hugger style and get the ceramic coated ones...dont go with slps they sit to goddamn low...

Dark Blue
    1999 Trans Am

SLP headers

Hey I second the SLP headers being low. If your car has stock suspension it is not as bad, but if you have lowered your car at all, they will most likely hit the ground. Just check out some Fbodies with the SLP headers on them. I had then on my first camaro and they went in pretty easy and made a definite difference with sound and power but I had a stock suspension. I notice on ebay, people who are selling SLP's usually note that they are scrapped right near the collectors or are cracked. Remember, you get what you pay for

Red
    02 Trans Am WS.6 (A4)

Well i do like the sound of SLP but alot of people on here are saying that they are the bttom of the line and arent very good. I dont want to buy something that is a piece of junk and wear out on me quick. I also want something more one the louder side, and will sound even better once i get headers put on. I think i have alittle more researching to do.....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by ASC420 View Post
    Well i do like the sound of SLP but alot of people on here are saying that they are the bttom of the line and arent very good. I dont want to buy something that is a piece of junk and wear out on me quick. I also want something more one the louder side, and will sound even better once i get headers put on. I think i have alittle more researching to do.....
    The SLP catbacks are good quality overall.

They just tend to sound good ONLY when the car has the stock exhaust manifolds on it.
    SLP's headers are junk.

If you plan on upgrading headers....ever, skip the SLP exhausts. Listen to that clip I posted earlier in this thread. SLP catback with headers. Even had cats on it.

Red
    02 Trans Am WS.6 (A4)

So what do you suggest for headers? I have been looking at flow tech, they are fairly decently priced and they said they are tuned and everything. I have listened to clips of headers with magnaflow and thy sound pretty sweet. Also if you know if there is any prforance difference between some of the brands....better or worse.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Your going to see the same amount of HP increase with any good set of headers. Kooks, Pacesetters, ARH, The difference being the material they use to make them. Different grades of stainless, Kooks being the best. But you also are paying a premium for them. You might see a 1-2 HP difference maybe in the higher end products. I would stay away from the SLP headers. They hang low as hell, and can sound very raspy at WOT. Really just IMO though.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I have had Borla too Raspy, a LM it was awesome, then after the cam, Headers, ORY it was WAY to LOUD, I have also had a Mufflex w/ the Spin tech very nice but the 4 in. was way to big, and I now have a GMMG and I am very pleased, and as mentioned above www.ls1sounds.com
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Red
    02 Trans Am WS.6 (A4)

Ok well were is a good place to shop for stuff like that? Ive ben looking around on the net and havent really found any good sites that sell ARH or kooks or anything like that.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

If you can still find it the SLP dual/dual is a great catback. One of the best flowing out there. Mellow sound...finding it is the hard part.

As far as the tune, don't bother with the hand help tuners. Get a mail order tune from some of the places out there, pcmforless.com being one of them. You don't need a "dyno" tune, it might get another 2 or 3 horsepower, not worth the extra $$ it'd cost.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

i like the loud mouth....i dont think its as loud as everyone claims it is and i have long tubes dont get me wrong it is raspy but sounds sick as shit at wot...its all preference...

Black
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by e_rock1234 View Post
    i like the loud mouth....i dont think its as loud as everyone claims it is and i have long tubes dont get me wrong it is raspy but sounds sick as shit at wot...its all preference...
    i agree, i love the way it sounds even with headers

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Might as well go red neck style...straight pipe.
    whats wrong with that lol
    <~~~used a galvenized fence post one time

Red
    02 Trans Am WS.6 (A4)

Yeah i think have seen that SLP dual/dual somewhere. But i do think that was a while ago and as for finding it will prolly be hard...... So you all say PaceSetter is pretty decent, does anyone know if they are tuned? I think its between Kooks and Pacesetter, also money............gotta get paid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information