Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not sure what you got goin' on there. But yeah I get that same "head down" stuff when one of my v6's beats up on a v8..

Lol smittro i love you. The man with the v6 camaro on the ls1 website. KING OF THE V6s

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah i dont think itd be wise of him to get an ss camaro if he has the vette...

my vote is the cobalt ss... that looks like a lot of fun for a DD

IMO, the v6 camaro, mustang will not retain their value nearly as well as an Cobalt SS... 80% of the time if someone is buying a used camaro or mustang they want the v8 one... or atleast thats what i see... if you were to sell the Cobalt SS in a couple years, i would expect it to retain its value more because its the "top" of the cobalt model, compared to the base camaro or mustang...?

eh?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol smittro i love you. The man with the v6 camaro on the ls1 website. KING OF THE V6s
    Iz wut I do.. The Doc is in..hehehe
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

SOM
    2002 SS

He has a 515whp c4 vette, this car is supposed to be a DD. Which makes me think why are his two top choices a 2011 v6 mustang and 2010 v6 camaro. IMO those cars a neither fast nor good for economics and have no place for me. But thats just me and my thinking
    Pretty much got me right there. I do like the ss and the new 5L stang coming out but the price jumps big time. thats where for me the balance shifts back to the base v-6 with a track pack. With my discount the base model v-6 will be very very easy for me to pay coming right off my paycheck. I know they are not fast and not the greatest economically but vs my 01 I admire the ride quality, the chassis stiffness, the modern interior (well retro but just not so plasticky) and the look above all. wether I go Stang or Maro I believe I will be satisfied with the 6.

I dont mean any offence to sub/cobalt/evo fans but yes I do associate them in the same class as civics. I dont hate them at all I love the Evo and Sti on paper but I don't think I will ever want to own a car that just doesnt have presence. The look small, dont have a personality in their exhaust note and I don't care too much about how fast they can get around a racetrack. I had my fun on my bikes a few years back and learned 1 thing. Straightline racing is much safer than corners. I dont go to the track much anymore so I dont see a need for a great handling car either. The aftermarket is always there to help the pony cars raise their abilities. I know the 6's wont be fast in a straightline but I think itll be a little fun with a 6 speed, slammed with huge rims and suspension mods and be pretty good on fuel.

I am hoping that I can pick up a '11 stang v6 with the trackpack and any optional stereo as only options and still be under $28k cdn out the door with my discount.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Pretty much got me right there. I do like the ss and the new 5L stang coming out but the price jumps big time. thats where for me the balance shifts back to the base v-6 with a track pack. With my discount the base model v-6 will be very very easy for me to pay coming right off my paycheck. I know they are not fast and not the greatest economically but vs my 01 I admire the ride quality, the chassis stiffness, the modern interior (well retro but just not so plasticky) and the look above all. wether I go Stang or Maro I believe I will be satisfied with the 6.

I dont mean any offence to sub/cobalt/evo fans but yes I do associate them in the same class as civics. I dont hate them at all I love the Evo and Sti on paper but I don't think I will ever want to own a car that just doesnt have presence. The look small, dont have a personality in their exhaust note and I don't care too much about how fast they can get around a racetrack. I had my fun on my bikes a few years back and learned 1 thing. Straightline racing is much safer than corners. I dont go to the track much anymore so I dont see a need for a great handling car either. The aftermarket is always there to help the pony cars raise their abilities. I know the 6's wont be fast in a straightline but I think itll be a little fun with a 6 speed, slammed with huge rims and suspension mods and be pretty good on fuel.

I am hoping that I can pick up a '11 stang v6 with the trackpack and any optional stereo as only options and still be under $28k cdn out the door with my discount.
    Subarus use a boxer engine thats makes an extremely distinct exhaust note. Im not trying to bash on the v6 cars as they are nice. But all the reasons you liek the new v6 camaro and mustang, the nice ride quality, modern interior, chassis stiffness, the cobalt SS, evo and subarus have all these things and more. Im just saying you can get everything your listed in a better economic and more fun package. The AWD of the evo and subarus is a huge selling point for snowy areas. If you get the stang or the camaro get some blizzaks i guess lol

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I personally don't like the Cobalt. My wife and I have rented them a few times they were all loaded cars. They had super junky interiors. On our way to VA. one of the dash vents just fell off. It was made of two pieces of thin junky plastic. The other the column was falling apart, and the ring @ the base of the turn signal had come apart and would prvent the turn signal from staying on.. Junk.. Cheap ass seats, like rocks covered with fabrick.. I would'nt buy one even if it came with 1000 hp stock..

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

I personally don't like the Cobalt. My wife and I have rented them a few times they were all loaded cars. They had super junky interiors. On our way to VA. one of the dash vents just fell off. It was made of two pieces of thin junky plastic. The other the column was falling apart, and the ring @ the base of the turn signal had come apart and would prvent the turn signal from staying on.. Junk.. Cheap ass seats, like rocks covered with fabrick.. I would'nt buy one even if it came with 1000 hp stock..

huge difference between the cheap ass beat on rentals and an SS.

They are a blast to drive, the handling is amazing, the factory exhaust note is pretty much perfect, and the seats are incredibly supportive. If you could, I would just test drive one in your area...when I drove one of my friends, I was immediately sold

Last edited by Poppn; 12-02-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

The "bone base model" can be had with every option aside from powertrain that the other v8 models have.. My 01 is exactly such a Camaro. The only thing my 01 v6 does'nt have is leather and a v8.. My "base" model carries options that alot of the guys here don't have on their LS1 Camaros..
    i dont think you can get the v6 with the gauges on the center console, but i may be wrong. And it's not the base model if it's a fully loaded v6. -like the one i drove. I dunno i just had a crappy one i guess. either way, i just would rather have a v8 car so much that if i was even given a brand new v6 model i would sell it and buy an older camaro or corvette or a TBSS... but that just me....

SOM
    2002 SS

Those pics of the cobalt interior.... I must admit they do look pretty good. Those seats look great too. the exterior however just screams CAVALIER. At least to me it does. They are Front wheel drive right?

In a way its like trying to convince someone that Winfrey Oprah can do everything in bed better than Beyonce can and more... it could be true. But Beyonce all the way.

I would even argue that the subaru boxer motor can sound nice and perhaps the v-6 in the maro or stang might not sound as good.. but they are just bigger cars. Cars with presence. Slammed with huge rims they shout Style. A subjective topic of course and obviously I am in the musclecar/american camp on this one but imo a stang v-6, slammed with huge rims will make any subaru look like a grocery getter with a skirt package and a hello kitty sticker package.

SOM
    2002 SS

ALso upset I dont think that centre stack of guages can be optioned out on the maro v-6. sucks.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    i dont think you can get the v6 with the gauges on the center console, but i may be wrong. And it's not the base model if it's a fully loaded v6. -like the one i drove. I dunno i just had a crappy one i guess. either way, i just would rather have a v8 car so much that if i was even given a brand new v6 model i would sell it and buy an older camaro or corvette or a TBSS... but that just me....
    I did'nt even know they offered gauges on the center console in Camaro. My Camaro 01 don't have that either so I guess it's 3 things. lol Yup it's a completely loaded v6. Power everything. ASR and all ..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-03-2009 at 10:09 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    huge difference between the cheap ass beat on rentals and an SS.

They are a blast to drive, the handling is amazing, the factory exhaust note is pretty much perfect, and the seats are incredibly supportive. If you could, I would just test drive one in your area...when I drove one of my friends, I was immediately sold

Click for full size

Click for full size
    I hate to break it to ya bud. But the only things different in that car I see are seat coverings and the upper vents are square not round. The rentals we rented were all loaded cars. The last one was a loaded v6er too. All had under 12-14k on their clocks..

SOM
    2002 SS

Here's the obvious other option. Add longtubes, do my heads and cam and some more mods to my 01. Now the reasons that I favor getting a new car instead are that for one my car is not modded the way I would have wanted to mod it. I wish I went with coil overs with better shocks (vs kybs/sportline). I wish I bitched at my exhaust guy to redo the exhaust work (rubs floor a bit, hangs low and tips are angled down a bit on the COrsa ugh). There's some rust under the car and it makes me feel like the car is rotted and not worth really dumping money into. It had been driven daily and year round in canadian winters.

Not that I didnt have the money to mod it right. I chose to cheap out on the mods because I paid little and wanted to spice it up as cheap as possible. Now thats making me lean towards a new vehicle which I can maintain from new which is exciting.

My wife bitches at me as it is. I know shes right and we're expecting in a few months. A few months ago I saw a guy in a bmw m3 vert with 2 little kids in the back in baby seats and they looked like they were in a roller coater at Canadas wonderland. I swear smiles from ear to ear. I was like wtf why can this guy have a real car and kids and I have to buy a F*king minivan? Never !!! I figure the wife has a 4 door sedan and why do I need something boring to drive everyday to and from work. I mean leaving work every day makes me smile that I have a Z waiting for me out in the lot that I can drive like a maniac when I feel like. When the wife is back to work we will be getting a 2011 ford edge or lincoln mkx for her and trading in her 4 door car.

Only other options really are 04-06 cts-v, Dodge magnum srt8 or 300 srt8.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Here's the obvious other option. Add longtubes, do my heads and cam and some more mods to my 01. Now the reasons that I favor getting a new car instead are that for one my car is not modded the way I would have wanted to mod it. I wish I went with coil overs with better shocks (vs kybs/sportline). I wish I bitched at my exhaust guy to redo the exhaust work (rubs floor a bit, hangs low and tips are angled down a bit on the COrsa ugh). There's some rust under the car and it makes me feel like the car is rotted and not worth really dumping money into. It had been driven daily and year round in canadian winters.

Not that I didnt have the money to mod it right. I chose to cheap out on the mods because I paid little and wanted to spice it up as cheap as possible. Now thats making me lean towards a new vehicle which I can maintain from new which is exciting.

My wife bitches at me as it is. I know shes right and we're expecting in a few months. A few months ago I saw a guy in a bmw m3 vert with 2 little kids in the back in baby seats and they looked like they were in a roller coater at Canadas wonderland. I swear smiles from ear to ear. I was like wtf why can this guy have a real car and kids and I have to buy a F*king minivan? Never !!! I figure the wife has a 4 door sedan and why do I need something boring to drive everyday to and from work. I mean leaving work every day makes me smile that I have a Z waiting for me out in the lot that I can drive like a maniac when I feel like. When the wife is back to work we will be getting a 2011 ford edge or lincoln mkx for her and trading in her 4 door car.

Only other options really are 04-06 cts-v, Dodge magnum srt8 or 300 srt8.
    300 srt8 and cts-v are great cars mechanically, i have never been a fan of dodge interiors. And i used to drive fully loaded 300c hemis when i worked at a rental car place. Everyone made jokes that i would have to get a mini van when i had my daughter. I have found the legacy to be a good median between useful and pretty quick. Went a 13.67 @101 mph, not to bad. But i have more fun snow drifting or driving on a slightly snowy frozen lake.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-03-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

I hate to break it to ya bud. But the only things different in that car I see are seat coverings and the upper vents are square not round. The rentals we rented were all loaded cars. The last one was a loaded v6er too. All had under 12-14k on their clocks..
    Not sure what v6er you had, but the cobalt does not come with a v6. But at the rental car place i worked we did have alot of cobalts from no options to full options. They do use alot of cheap materials on the interior of those cars. Yes even the SS dash is very cheap feeling, but the seats are more comfy. But what would you expect? 260hp some say is underrated and is more like 280-290, 2900lbs, DI, no lift shit, launch control, a fuel system that can support 400whp, brembos on the front, and damn nice suspension for 24k out the door. They had to save money and weight somewhere
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-03-2009 at 07:29 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red face

Not sure what v6er you had, but the cobalt does not come with a v6. But at the rental car place i worked we did have alot of cobalts from no options to full options. They do use alot of cheap materials on the interior of those cars. Yes even the SS dash is very cheap feeling, but the seats are more comfy. But what would you expect? 260hp some say is underrated and is more like 280-290, 2900lbs, DI, no lift shit, launch control, a fuel system that can support 400whp, brembos on the front, and damn nice suspension for 24k out the door. They had to save money and weight somewhere
    Err you can kill me now, the reason it had a v6 was because last car we rented was a G6 my bad. Loaded good power but cheap interior.. The Colbolt we rented b4 was a crappy loaded 4 door 4cyl POS auto. Hated the thing. I also hate 4 bangers, even the ones that make some power. I'm a v6er fo life lol, don't mind a good old v8 either, but no 4cyl sounds very good to me..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-03-2009 at 10:11 AM.

blue
    94 Camaro

no keep the 01

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    it's suppose to be a "sleeper"...260hp in a 2900lb car is nothing to sneeze at, and unless you have the high rise spoiler most people will never think twice until they get spanked by one. with the GM Stage 1 kit, it bumps horsepower to 300 and only costs about 700$ while keeping the factory warranty

Click for full size

the car also has some fun features...No Lift Shift, Launch control, and RPD (Reconfigurable Performance Display). Best bang for buck in my opinion, the car can be had for 20-23k brand new off the lot

Dude, those things cant even hold their own to even a stock or cai and catback LS1 so i dunno who youre going to be "spanking" with it other than other people in their DD's (civics, suv's, prius's, etc). Now on that token, we are talking DD's and IMO the 2010 Camaro is an ugly, overweight, and...omg he's going to say it...SLOW turd (for the power it has). Personally, I would much rather have the Cobalt SS as a DD than the 2010 Camaro v6 ,or even v8 for that matter, but definitely not for its "spankability" feature.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Dude, those things cant even hold their own to even a stock or cai and catback LS1 so i dunno who youre going to be "spanking" with it other than other people in their DD's (civics, suv's, prius's, etc). Now on that token, we are talking DD's and IMO the 2010 Camaro is an ugly, overweight, and...omg he's going to say it...SLOW turd (for the power it has). Personally, I would much rather have the Cobalt SS as a DD than the 2010 Camaro v6 ,or even v8 for that matter, but definitely not for its "spankability" feature.
    The new cobalt SS has gone as fast as 13.5 @ 103mph, not to bad. Faster than some ls1 cars i know. But def not as good i na straight line as a ls1 car.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-03-2009 at 11:37 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cobalt and Camaro are not even in the same class of cars. No comparison IMHO. Put that LSx in that Cobalt and the Cobalt ss motor in that Camaro see how they fare.. Fast 1/4 mile is nice but not everyone cares about 1/4 mile times.. Camaro is a far superior car in every sense of the word.. Just as a 4cyl BMW is a far superior car than a Camaro. 3 totally differently built cars. In 10 years the Camaro and BMW of today will still have value. Err Cobalt not so much. Cobalt will be just another worthless commuter car from the past.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information