Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: selling my SS

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i dunno i think they match pretty evenly. the weight difference is 200 lbs and im not sure how much of a factor the aero dynamics are going to play but thats just my opinion. i feel pretty confident in my car when i pull up next to a c5 vette.
    Stock vs stock I'd give the race to the vette in pretty much every catagory. The problem now a days for a C5 guy is you have no idea what your pulling up next too in a 4 Gen. It might be stock or it could be monster waiting to tear your head off.

So to the original poster a lot really depends on what your gonna do with the car. If you plan to hit the track pretty frequently and do some hot roddin I'd keep the 4th gen. If your plan is to just have a nice street car I'd opt for the vette. I'd shoot a little higher though, I'd go for a nice C5 Z06. They can be had for not a whole lot more money.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Well of course the guy with a Corvette flag for his avatar feels that way

I throw a stone around here and I hit a Corvette. I enjoy having a flashy car that stands out in the midst of all these vettes, even if they are better (and I'm certainly not arguing that). I'd rather have the SS. There's only one other SS around here that I've seen.

I apparently live in a somewhat ritzy area though. It's vettes and porsches left and right here. Might not be like that where you live...
    This lol! porsches and vettes gettin beat by a poor guys "vette" my formy lol thats the fun, the thrill is the sleeper look! under the radar no chp lol! LMAO!
    Last edited by travs98ls1; 07-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

IRS sucks power compared to axle. Seen plenty of dynos where the F-Body was putting a good 20+ hp to the rear wheels more then the Vette. Plus IRS is harder to launch for "MOST" people. Never lost to a C5 Vette in dozens and dozens of races (Track/Street) I almost bought a C5 and after driving my Camaro, I fell in love I would gladly get rid of it for a Z tho or a C6
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2002 CamaroSS

While I can't speak to a 4th gen SS compared to a C5, I do have a 2002 SS and a 2008 Z06. Both are stock - the SS because it's my DD and I wanted stock reliability, and the Z06 because its pretty awesome stock.

The SS is a throwback to older generation muscle cars - though with A/C and power windows / locks its been civilized enough for me for the past 8 1/2/ years. I ordered my SS and picked it up December 31 2001. Driving the SS puts a smile on my face every day. The Z06 on the other hand puts a big old "s_it" eating grin on my face every minute that I'm driving it. The vette has power and sophistication, the Camaro is a true old school muscle car.

I think that comparing the 2 cars is like comparing hamburger and filet. Its great to have the choice.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz02 View Post
    While I can't speak to a 4th gen SS compared to a C5, I do have a 2002 SS and a 2008 Z06. Both are stock - the SS because it's my DD and I wanted stock reliability, and the Z06 because its pretty awesome stock.

The SS is a throwback to older generation muscle cars - though with A/C and power windows / locks its been civilized enough for me for the past 8 1/2/ years. I ordered my SS and picked it up December 31 2001. Driving the SS puts a smile on my face every day. The Z06 on the other hand puts a big old "s_it" eating grin on my face every minute that I'm driving it. The vette has power and sophistication, the Camaro is a true old school muscle car.

I think that comparing the 2 cars is like comparing hamburger and filet. Its great to have the choice.
    i totally agree with you on the quality of the cars. the camaro is a poor man's vette. all i'm saying is a stock SS matches up pretty well with a stock c5.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz02 View Post

No contest for me, I would push my Camaro off a cliff for a C6 Z06

i totally agree with you on the quality of the cars. the camaro is a poor man's vette. all i'm saying is a stock SS matches up pretty well with a stock c5.
    Hate this saying. Maybe true for some, but I could afford anything I wanted when I got my SS (Except Lambos, Ferraris, Etc...) I chose the SS over the C5. Thats just my IMHO tho!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Hate this saying. Maybe true for some, but I could afford anything I wanted when I got my SS (Except Lambos, Ferraris, Etc...) I chose the SS over the C5. Thats just my IMHO tho!
    i agree with you. i could have a c5 z06 but would rather have multiple toys instead of one. i'm just saying what i've heard so many times.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I don't agree with that old saying at all.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Agree! A Camaro is a Camaro.. A Vette is A Vette...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

i agree with you. i could have a c5 z06 but would rather have multiple toys instead of one. i'm just saying what i've heard so many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Agree! A Camaro is a Camaro.. A Vette is A Vette...

EDIT: But what about this saying: "A Base model is a poor man's Z06"

Just popped into my head seconds ago and doesn't make the best of sense

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

EDIT: But what about this saying: "A Base model is a poor man's Z06"

Just popped into my head seconds ago and doesn't make the best of sense
    What I ment was they're 2 different classes of cars and really should'nt be compared imho.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

What I ment was they're 2 different classes of cars and really should'nt be compared imho.
    I got you

I meant: "A base model vette is a poor man's Z06"

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red face

I got you

I meant: "A base model vette is a poor man's Z06"
    My bad..

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

My bad..
    Ain't no thing like a chicken wing on a string from Burger King

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

i could have a c5 z06 but would rather have multiple toys instead of one.
    +1. As long as I'm in the pay range I am in, this is the mentality I live by... Once that lottery finally kicks in it'll be different...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    +1. As long as I'm in the pay range I am in, this is the mentality I live by... Once that lottery finally kicks in it'll be different...
    then you will have multiple pricey toys.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

then you will have multiple pricey toys.
    Heh yeah I guess so...

Blue
    2000 camaro ss

wow. a lot of responses. i wasn't on my computer for awhile. but i don't have a family i'm 20 years with a fiance no kids for about 4 or 5 years after i'm okay with money. but i think for the next year or two i'm gonna save for a c6 z06. but when my camaro was stock i ran my friends stock c5 and sometimes i would win other times he would. pretty even. now that i have exhaust pulleys and intake i beat him everytime. the only thing i'm thinking of doing it getting a c6 base till i find a good deal on a c6 z06 and just trade the payments or something. when i posted this my car was annoying me cause my new headers were giving me problems with fitting but it's all fixed now and i love my car once again.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camarospade View Post
    wow. A lot of responses. I wasn't on my computer for awhile. But i don't have a family i'm 20 years with a fiance no kids for about 4 or 5 years after i'm okay with money. But i think for the next year or two i'm gonna save for a c6 z06. But when my camaro was stock i ran my friends stock c5 and sometimes i would win other times he would. Pretty even. Now that i have exhaust pulleys and intake i beat him everytime. The only thing i'm thinking of doing it getting a c6 base till i find a good deal on a c6 z06 and just trade the payments or something. When i posted this my car was annoying me cause my new headers were giving me problems with fitting but it's all fixed now and i love my car once again.
    c6 z06 ftw

Dark blue/ Green
    02 ss 35th/99 z28 camaros

I have an 02 ss an love it i have owned many stangs but my ss has put the fords to shame in my opinion and I am looking to get a z06 01 to 04 model I like the looks either way u will love the cars both are fast good looking and worth the time and money u put in them my too cents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information