Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Move to ohio county kentucky...

see you here!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Ok people that say that they have never street raced.... and are honestly telling the truth are freaks... anyone who has never launched at a stoplight... or done a quick onramp to free way run with a buddy (you know 0 to 80 or so going down the onramp onto the free way).... you are just freaks...

I personally dont see anything wrong with using remote roads for drag racing... I do not run 120 MPH down busy roads and cut around cars... but thats not really street racing ... that is just stupidity...

but having your car crushed for doing a stoplight run... that is stupid... I mean that is like a $20k fine... Drunk driving is like $3000 (at most....)

-me
    exactly,we have all did it,nothing wrong with being safe about it..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Holy back from the dead thead. Finally I was able to say that!
    I missed this thread originally, and I have to agree with qwkgto and predator. Those who say they've never done it are freaks.

I don't ever go to places where they have street racing, but I've been guilty of exceeding the speed limit a time or 2.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I lit Main Street up yesterday.....wasn't racing but did light em up for ...well...I dunno what for Just cuz....

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I lit Main Street up yesterday.....wasn't racing but did light em up for ...well...I dunno what for Just cuz....
    Thats what happen when you run that much HP officer!

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Thats what happen when you run that much HP officer!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    i remember this one time i got sideways in my truck and ended up spinning it around in front of a cop. I instantly popped the hood and pulled the e clip off the accel cable, works everytime.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Never raced on the street in my life do all mine at the track where it belongs. Drive like a granny on the street most of the time. I guess that why I only pay $40 a month full coverage on my camaro a month.
    exactly!!!!

as tempting as street racing is, especially when a red light catches you and another car, still save it for the track or atleast an old country back road/industrial road where no one goes.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    exactly!!!!

as tempting as street racing is, especially when a red light catches you and another car, still save it for the track or atleast an old country back road/industrial road where no one goes.
    I don't for one main reason -

If I were ever to run a little kid over and kill them, both of our lives would be ruined, and I'd have to live with the anguish of stupidity of hurting someone innocent.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have opened up my car a little on the highway, but, I don't go crazy. Last April I was invited to an all GTO show down in New Brunswick, NJ and it was sponsored by the other forum. I had no directions so a guy PMed me and advised me to meet him the morning of the show. We met up with another guy and we headed down to the show. The guy who PMed me took off on us(he had an 05 PBM SAP GTO, the other guy had an 06 IBM GTo and there was me in my 04 PBM). The guy in the 05 PBM SAP cut in front of various vehicles and took the shoulder as well. The guy in the 06 and myself hung back. We were heading toward and overpass and I spotted something out of my upper peripheral vision...STATE TROOPER. I KNEW he was gonna come after me. Upon reaching the exit from the Garden State Parkway I hear "WHOOP". Trooper was right next to me signaling me to pull over and he sped up to the other guy in the blue Goat. The guy in the black 05 took off on the trooper and left us behind. The guy in the blue 06 and myself were lectured and we both got two fines each. The trooper apologized for yelling at us but he had to write us up for something since he called in our plates. He told us to tell the guy who took off that the NJSP was out to find him and charge him for reckless driving/evading/eluding. I am still pissed to this day. I only had my car for a few weeks and got ticketed for something I didn't do. No points, but, SH!T!! I wanna enjoy my car and my clean driving record. Not pay for something I had nothing to do with.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I have opened up my car a little on the highway, but, I don't go crazy. Last April I was invited to an all GTO show down in New Brunswick, NJ and it was sponsored by the other forum. I had no directions so a guy PMed me and advised me to meet him the morning of the show. We met up with another guy and we headed down to the show. The guy who PMed me took off on us(he had an 05 PBM SAP GTO, the other guy had an 06 IBM GTo and there was me in my 04 PBM). The guy in the 05 PBM SAP cut in front of various vehicles and took the shoulder as well. The guy in the 06 and myself hung back. We were heading toward and overpass and I spotted something out of my upper peripheral vision...STATE TROOPER. I KNEW he was gonna come after me. Upon reaching the exit from the Garden State Parkway I hear "WHOOP". Trooper was right next to me signaling me to pull over and he sped up to the other guy in the blue Goat. The guy in the black 05 took off on the trooper and left us behind. The guy in the blue 06 and myself were lectured and we both got two fines each. The trooper apologized for yelling at us but he had to write us up for something since he called in our plates. He told us to tell the guy who took off that the NJSP was out to find him and charge him for reckless driving/evading/eluding. I am still pissed to this day. I only had my car for a few weeks and got ticketed for something I didn't do. No points, but, SH!T!! I wanna enjoy my car and my clean driving record. Not pay for something I had nothing to do with.

I really cant believe you guys put up with this crap. Ive been pulled over twice. One time I waited for a red light to turn green while turning left. It wouldnt go and i was 200 miles from home and following a map. I waited and waited for over 7 or 8 minutes when i said fuck it and looked and went. Bought that time a cop appeared outta no where and was watching me. I told him what was up and showed him where i was from and told him the facts and I just got off with a written warning. Second time I was driving around and I was pulled over for the incorrect color vehicle(vehicle was painted back in the 90s) and on my title it said PU(its a removable top truck k5 military blazer) Guy hassled me about it being stolen and all kinds of other crap. Had like 5 cops there watching and my friend. I argued up and down and pissed him off when I knew I was right. He just told me to get outta town and go home because he couldnt do anything. I have yet to be pulled over in the trans am.. well I havent been successfully pulled over. Im waiting to get it broke off in my ass for speeding though.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have met a few good cops, but there are lots more who enjoy instigating an argument/physical altercation to look like a badass. I just distance myself from those folks. Best way to let one know they are not liked/welcome is to keep a safe distance. Actions speak louder than words. Unfortunately, there are those who just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I agree. How many deaths result from street racing compared to Drunk Driving??
    So a few are acceptable?

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Thank god I'm in LE and Military! I have gotten out of soooo many tickets because of that! Its ridiculous. I have learned my lesson though. I now drive pretty chill. No need to race anyone or speed. Of course, once in a while you just wanna mash on the accelarator but I resist that urge thinking about what the cost would be if I was involved in a v-ped. Not cool!
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    So a few are acceptable?
    Actually yeah... How many people die swimming every year... How many people die cooking, camping, or mowing their lawn...

There is danger in everything and people will die doing everything... A few deaths are acceptable... otherwise there would be no forms of entertainment at all...

-me

Edit: Even a few innocent deaths are acceptable... You cant prevent against people not accidentally killing each other... Hell a cop accidentally killed my cousin... Should we outlaw cops?
    Last edited by predator; 03-01-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Actually yeah... How many people die swimming every year... How many people die cooking, camping, or mowing their lawn...

There is danger in everything and people will die doing everything... A few deaths are acceptable... otherwise there would be no forms of entertainment at all...

-me

Edit: Even a few innocent deaths are acceptable... You cant prevent against people not accidentally killing each other... Hell a cop accidentally killed my cousin... Should we outlaw cops?
    Interesting analogy.

If I kill someone innocently swimming, cooking, camping or mowing their lawn, I get a free pass? Cause the deaths coming from street racing are not accidental. It's teh result of reckless actions of a few idiots.

And the 6 year old swimming or your mom cooking dinner or the father/son camping or someone's gandpa mowing the lawn are acceptable casualties so that you can get a thrill while you are swimming, cooking, camping and mowing your own lawn?

I could give a fuck about you killing yourself while street racing. It's the poor person or family that gets caught in melee that I care about. Those poor folks just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK. I think we need an intervention or something before this thread gets way outta hand.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

This has to be said and can't believe it hasn't been said yet. I only race in school zones and won't race unless the top speed is excess of at least 145 mph. Everyone knows all cars are equal to 140 or so, so 145 it is. I once street raced with a infant in the back, sitting on two pillows with pillows duct taped all around him. Getting sideways around a bus that has just stopped to let kids out is the cats meow. The look on their faces is priceless when you knock them off their feet with the ass end of your car. So far I have only killed 1 person and hell, that race was well worth it. I could care less about others as long as my car is alright. In fact, it wasn't in a school zone but had to take the race. I was leaving Taco Bell and came across a nasty Ford Pinto. I was on my cell and eating a taco while in a 25mph zone but fuck it I told myself. I hit the gas and kicked ass. Ran it up to at least 155 mph or so, best damn time of my life.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Interesting analogy.

If I kill someone innocently swimming, cooking, camping or mowing their lawn, I get a free pass? Cause the deaths coming from street racing are not accidental. It's teh result of reckless actions of a few idiots.

And the 6 year old swimming or your mom cooking dinner or the father/son camping or someone's gandpa mowing the lawn are acceptable casualties so that you can get a thrill while you are swimming, cooking, camping and mowing your own lawn?

I could give a fuck about you killing yourself while street racing. It's the poor person or family that gets caught in melee that I care about. Those poor folks just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Ok sorry... replace cooking, mowing, camping with... Bungee Jumping, attending motorsport events (legal ones), parachuting, shooting guns (legal and in a relaxed, but safe way), playing with matches, playing sports, eating at restraunts,....

My point is that even preventable deaths happen... I'm not condoning 150 down main street, but dont blow the problem out of perportion.

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Fatality Analysis Reporting System data for 1998–2001 were used for the analyses. There were 149 568 fatal crashes and 315 (0.21%) involved street racing and 399 fatalities occurred in these crashes.

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/cgi/...stract/10/1/53
    http://floridaagainststreetracing.co...tatistics.html

Both those links state those exact same figures...

400 people in lets say 4 years (98,99,00,01)... Your kiding me right? Not near the problem its made out to be... and thats with idiots doing it on the interstate in traffic... If people were just more responsible with it (take it outside of town) it would prolly be more like 100 in 4 years...

y dont you worry about something that is an actual problem... Like carbon monoxide....

"8. Poisoning by gases
    Deaths per year: 700

There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning In this category, you mostly have deaths by carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty operation of a heating or cooking appliance, or a standing automobile. We assume, however, that the noxious gasses emitted by Uncle Albert qualify too."

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/topte...dentsfull.html

-me

Your examples are all where you and only you are putting yourself at risk. Or there was an accident where people in perfectly innocent places were killed by innocent mistakes of others.

When racing on the street, though, you are not only risking yourself, you are CHOOSING to put others at risk. Those are the ones that are innocent, but they're risk was not by an innocent mistake, rather a choice to willfully break the law without regard for consequences.

If I knowingly turn on a natural gas outlet as an innocent prank, the house fills with gas and blows up, killing 2 neighbors asleep in their bed, am I innocent or guilty for causing their death?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information