Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Truck!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 99TransAmSLP View Post
    Im not buying it for speed Im buying it for carrying small things Im not gonna carry a fucking boat or anything and plus I just wont one to fuck around in and I think they look really good so whatever
    Then don't buy a full size truck if your carrying small things. You ask peoples opinions and then get all butt hurt when you find out they are piles of shit.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Then don't buy a full size truck if your carrying small things. You ask peoples opinions and then get all butt hurt when you find out they are piles of shit.
    Well, I hope the OP isn't bent out of shape. Just shedding some light on the Tundra. It's a nice lookin truck, BUUUUUUUUT, the payments alone will prob kill him. Hell, I waited 4+years to save up for the down payment for my GTO. And I bought mine used. With monthly bills, car payments, insurance payments, my half of the monthly mortgage payments, $9/hr would not suffice IMO.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

k, lemme get this straight. you make $9 an hour, your 17, dont plan on going to college, i can only assume you live at home (no brainer, u do!), and you think ur gonna be able to afford a brand new tundra (to carry small things?!), and a trans am, plus the insurance and gas and maintenance on them?! kid, i'm sorry, but your smacked outta your mind! you may work at a bank and think you got the money figured out but trust me, i made $12 an hour at the time i had 2 trans ams, one paid off and one not, and a new truck. i was young like you and thought i was invincible and money wasnt no thang but a chicken wang. trust me here, this is not a wise move. now, i have a daughter that i didnt expect to have, trans ams are GONE, the truck that i wanted to beat around in is now useless to me but i cant get out from underneath it. regular cabs are not sensible trucks. if you want a truck, get your money established and up to where you can just go and buy a nice used truck to beat around in. u dont need a new one especially a tundra to carry "small things". ill make you a great deal now if u want a truck to carry small things in. come on dude, think this through with a sensible head. people on here arent trying to be dicks when they tell you not to do this. they, and myself, have been there and done it and in this economy, money doesnt carry the same weight it used to. hold on to what you got and be smart with it. we all have to. hell, i would love for nothing more than to have a tundra myself and a trans am. i make twice the money u make but i havent done any college. i work at a dead end job that bores me to fucking tears everyday! i suck it up because i wanna provide the best for my family, go to college and get a real job with a future, pay off the debt that built up before i could realize it over the years, and get outta the truck im in so i can have something better for me and my family. sorry for the long post, but cliff notes:
    1: be smarter with your money
    2: think of the future cause you really dont know what it will bring you
    3: gas and insurance are not by any means cheap for those vehicles
    4: as soon as you drive that truck off the lot, you just lost about 25% at least of what it's worth.
    hope this helps ya out

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Silverado SS.

Used.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Well, I hope the OP isn't bent out of shape. Just shedding some light on the Tundra. It's a nice lookin truck, BUUUUUUUUT, the payments alone will prob kill him. Hell, I waited 4+years to save up for the down payment for my GTO. And I bought mine used. With monthly bills, car payments, insurance payments, my half of the monthly mortgage payments, $9/hr would not suffice IMO.
    Oh I completely agree. They look decent, but that's about all there good for. Anything else on that truck is complete garbage.

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

You can talk to him till your blue in face. Nothing will soak in till he falls down . And then and only then, will he say we were right. 17 and $9 an hour come on and get real!!!!!!!!!! I make around $20 an hour 1 kid left in the house(4 are out of the house)and I just got my car after many years of saving. So he won't listen to us, that has had our dreams shattered or put on hold. Go ahead buy it all. We will be looking for your stuff for sale in the sale ads.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by blk99ws6ta View Post
    You can talk to him till your blue in face. Nothing will soak in till he falls down . And then and only then, will he say we were right. 17 and $9 an hour come on and get real!!!!!!!!!! I make around $20 an hour 1 kid left in the house(4 are out of the house)and I just got my car after many years of saving. So he won't listen to us, that has had our dreams shattered or put on hold. Go ahead buy it all. We will be looking for your stuff for sale in the sale ads.
    Hahaha. But none of us are going to buy a shitty Tundra.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

List of a few interesting GM trucks...USED:

Chevy Siverado/GMC Sierra
    TBSS, TrailBlazer/GMC Envoy
    S-10 ZR2/Sonoma SLS Highrider
    Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon

Impounded
    Just the car payment and I get a discount on my insurance because of Good student and drivers ed

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    regular cabs are not sensible trucks.
    I disagree...reg cabs look the best IMO, get the best mpg and with a bench seat can sit three easy (and get great road head). If it's your only vehicle and you have a family then yea I see what you're saying. A reg cab truck to move shit around and a 4 door car for family stuff would be perfect in my book.

05 Wrangler

Just the car payment and I get a discount on my insurance because of Good student and drivers ed
    Sad to say it but if you really want that truck you'll have to sell your T/A. You know how it is..you work at a bank dude. Your age/lack of credit history and this shitty economy no one will give you a loan for any decent amount...unless your parents co-sign which is risky for them with your income. They are good trucks though but have their issues like every other make/model...that 350 they put out mated to the 6 speed auto is pretty wicked.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Sad to say it but if you really want that truck you'll have to sell your T/A. You know how it is..you work at a bank dude. Your age/lack of credit history and this shitty economy no one will give you a loan for any decent amount...unless your parents co-sign which is risky for them with your income. They are good trucks though but have their issues like every other make/model...that 350 they put out mated to the 6 speed auto is pretty wicked.
    You obviously haven't read shit on them then. Besides there decently quick, that's about all they are good for. But you own a dodge, so I guess you don't know any better.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yer lucky. Here in NJ you'd be placed in the "high risk" category because of your age. Your insurance would be on the high side despite the fact that it is a truck you wish to buy. But due to the fact that the truck is brand new, who knows? Could be high or low. Better get a VIN and shop around for insurance policies/discounts. I did that before I got the GTO.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I get a discount on my insurance because of Good student and drivers ed
    While it is a discount....they will still rape you mercilessly for insurance premiums at your age.

Make sure to make the same thread again in 4-5 days.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Tundra=Pile of shit

$9/hour and buying a brand new truck

Do us all a favor and keep the stock tires and wheels if you do acquire a truck.

You are climbing the ladder rapidly on the "elevator only goes half way up" polls.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Tundra=Pile of shit

$9/hour and buying a brand new truck

Do us all a favor and keep the stock tires and wheels if you do acquire a truck.

You are climbing the ladder rapidly on the "elevator only goes half way up" polls.
    Pretty sad when even the mods are laughing at you.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    You obviously haven't read shit on them then. Besides there decently quick, that's about all they are good for. But you own a dodge, so I guess you don't know any better.
    yea yea...typical fan boy shit. I can't say i'm happy with every aspect of my truck but it's solid over all...and doesn't have a fugly front-end like the 06 silvy . And yea i've owned 3 silvies...90, 92 and 99 all solid. I'd own any year except 03-06.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    yea yea...typical fan boy shit. I can't say i'm happy with every aspect of my truck but it's solid over all...and doesn't have a fugly front-end like the 06 silvy . And yea i've owned 3 silvies...90, 92 and 99 all solid. I'd own any year except 03-06.
    No not fan boy, wifes father worked for GM. So I couldn't pass up on the savings I got. I think the new Ram's look and perform pretty badass. Just a couple guys I work with had an 01 and an 03 and they complained of getting 10,11 mpg and I said no thanks to that. I love the new front end of the silverados. Probably in the next year or two I will trading this one in on a new one. Just busting your balls a little. Nothing personal.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

9$ per hour holy crap are you kidding me. You have to be out of your mind if you think you should buy a brand new truck. Yeah you might be able to make a few of the payments but what happens when you get some bills like new tires or a part breaks on you TA. Than guess what repo time. Besides you will probaly get what a 5 year loan do you plan to live at your parents till you are 22 if not you might want to think about the future and with no college I dont see you making to much more any time soon
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Impounded
    What I was thinking was to wait until the summer and put down a down payment. Then during the summer I will make around 1,000 dollars every 2 weeks and I would buy the truck used at like a toyota dealership. Get a truck with 8,000 miles on it. there is a couple around here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information