Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

I didn't even download st. anger for free off a torrent site i thought it was so bad.

I like all the metallica albums except the last one. People that jump on the "they sold out" bandwagon are just full of shit. If any OTHER band were to come out with Load or Re-Load you would have liked it end of story. It's just because it was the old school metallica that you hated it. While they might not have been masterpieces like the old metallica stuff doesn't mean they sucked. They just set their bar way too high in the beginning and it's hard to live up to that. Their Load sound was still pretty good. Sure they felt the need to change their sound...they had conquered the sound they had. Might as well change it up a little and try to be more than a one style band.

People expect them to come out with Master of Puppets 2 or Justice for All 2 or something and that probably isn't going to happen. There are a reason those CD's are classic. Any other band would be lucky to write half the songs on just one of those Cd's .

Enjoy what you have and stop the hatin'.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I didn't really have anything against load and reload. The black album I liked but those 3 were nothing compared to the stuff leading up to those albums. Justice is one of my favorites just because Lars kicked major major ass on that album. Some of the best drums I've heard on any album. Master is what it is....their #1 album. I like the really old stuff a lot too. Just sucks to be brought up on that stuff and get st anger and hear that pile of shit they tried to call music. I also watched the dvd which showed just how big a pussies they've become. Too rich for too long. They all need to hit bottom again and then you might see some good music from them, until then I'm afraid we're stuck with these shitty albums for a while.
    As a side note.....a good dvd to check out is Megadeth's Evolver: The Making of Youthanasia. Pretty good dvd.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    I didn't even download st. anger for free off a torrent site i thought it was so bad.

I like all the metallica albums except the last one. People that jump on the "they sold out" bandwagon are just full of shit. If any OTHER band were to come out with Load or Re-Load you would have liked it end of story. It's just because it was the old school metallica that you hated it. While they might not have been masterpieces like the old metallica stuff doesn't mean they sucked. They just set their bar way too high in the beginning and it's hard to live up to that. Their Load sound was still pretty good.

People expect them to come out with Master of Puppets 2 or Justice for All 2 or something and that probably isn't going to happen. There are a reason those CD's are classic. Any other band would be lucky to write have the songs on just one of those Cd's .

Enjoy what you have and stop the hatin'.

Word to yo motha.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I didn't really have anything against load and reload. The black album I liked but those 3 were nothing compared to the stuff leading up to those albums. Justice is one of my favorites just because Lars kicked major major ass on that album. Some of the best drums I've heard on any album. Master is what it is....their #1 album. I like the really old stuff a lot too. Just sucks to be brought up on that stuff and get st anger and hear that pile of shit they tried to call music. I also watched the dvd which showed just how big a pussies they've become. Too rich for too long. They all need to hit bottom again and then you might see some good music from them, until then I'm afraid we're stuck with these shitty albums for a while.
    As a side note.....a good dvd to check out is Megadeth's Evolver: The Making of Youthanasia. Pretty good dvd.

Speaking of bad albums. I want my money back for the new Megadeath album. That thing was nothing but a shit stain. That thing made St. Anger look like a masterpiece.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post

Kinda my feelings too, I liked Black, Load and Reload had some decent material, nothing spectacular but St. Anger should have been entitled "Injustice For All"

/rant

Hey Orion, where did you get the Evolver DVD? Ive only found it on VHS

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Kinda my feelings too, I liked Black, Load and Reload had some decent material, nothing spectacular but St. Anger should have been entitled "Injustice For All"

/rant
    st anger makes a great disc to test how far you can throw a cd like a frisbee

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    st anger makes a great disc to test how far you can throw a cd like a frisbee
    Would make great for target practice too

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

haha new thread "how many different ways can we destroy a st anger cd"

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i say everyone that was unfortunate enough to buy that cd should send it to bob rock's house with a letter asking for their money back lol you wont get your money back but he'd have tons of cds on his doorstep everyday lol

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

i say everyone that was unfortunate enough to buy that cd should send it to bob rock's house with a letter asking for their money back lol you wont get your money back but he'd have tons of cds on his doorstep everyday lol
    I am really anal in my ways, I always have to have all the albums from groups I like, I have every Zepellin album, every Van Halen album and every Metallica album EXCEPT "Injustice for All". I never could bring myself to flush my money down the toilet on that one, thank god.

It would be funny to see the news story about him crying about all the returns he was getting though

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    I know I would change my sound after a while. the first 4 albums sounded the same. Good don't get me wrong, but they had to be getting bored of it. Every one changes with time, no matter how much you want to deny it.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about since Kill 'em All sounds nothing like any of their other albums. Puppets and Lightning sounded quite alike, but totally different than Kill 'em All, and AJFA sounded different than Puppets and Lightning. Different yet all masterworks. I still think Cliff burtons death spelled the end for the band. They went on to make AJFA and still had the fire. Then they came out with the black album to try to sell more records, then got rich and lost the hunger.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

As stated before Lars drumming is something else on AJFA

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

As stated before Lars drumming is something else on AJFA
    Thats true unfortunately it sucks on everything else. I think it all started with One. It was the first time most of us were really introduced to really tight double bass drumming. Lars really isn't much of a drummer.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Thats true unfortunately it sucks on everything else.
    got lightning in a bottle that one time eh?

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

got lightning in a bottle that one time eh?
    Honestly I think it was production on AJFA that made him sound so good. That whole album sounded so tight and compressed. It is probably my favorite album of all time. The guitar and drum tone on it were awesome. Even though I now know Lars and Kirk aren't nearly as great as I thought they were when I was 11 or 12.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Honestly I think it was production on AJFA that made him sound so good. That whole album sounded so tight and compressed. It is probably my favorite album of all time. The guitar and drum tone on it were awesome. Even though I now know Lars and Kirk aren't nearly as great as I thought they were when I was 11 or 12.
    I noticed most of the album, his drumming has that offbeat sound like on shortest straw, and the double bass pedals and what not. Jus really good drumming.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

St Anger = St Anguish for the listener.......

Don't get me wrong, I was an early supporter of Metallica since 105.5 KNAC first had them on their Local Licks program. This was back in 84 or so. I've seen them 3 times, one of those times being the riot at the Long Beach Arena.

I just feel that they've become complacent with age. It happens to all of us.

AFAIC old Metallica = Kick ass. New Metallica (most of the black album and beyond) = meh.....

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

fail

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Personally I think the drums sounded like poop on Justice. Fake "triggered" bass drums, dead snare and you never catch Dave Lombardo (Slayer) using drum tracks. My favorite The $5.98 EP at least sounded like they recorded the whole thing live in the studio.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information